Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

1 minute ago, Revolution512 said:

The Disch still holds up, bones wise. Texas needs to invest and they will. 

Head coaching wise, very hard to imagine Vitello or Schloss. Vitello for obvious reasons, he acts like a child. There are plenty of great recruiters around the country. Texas doesn’t want a program like that. 

Yeah but these two are at the top and will be for a decade plus. If you can get one, get one. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Pate is purely CFB, although for some reason ($$$$$) an aggy knob slobber.

He's actually pretty good as long as he's not aggying it up, and sticks to CFB. His humor is pretty consistently HeeHaw level, but without the tites. 

I'd recommend giving his youtube show a coupla watches, decide for yourself. 

BTW, his betting with the spread picks during the season are not bad at all. The ones I followed hit around 57% which is plenty good enough to earn.

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Pate is purely CFB, although for some reason ($$$$$) an aggy knob slobber.

He's actually pretty good as long as he's not aggying it up, and sticks to CFB. His humor is pretty consistently HeeHaw level, but without the tites. 

I'd recommend giving his youtube show a coupla watches, decide for yourself. 

BTW, his betting with the spread picks during the season are not bad at all. The ones I followed hit around 57% which is plenty good enough to earn.

BTBTW... the one game last year that the between the lines reading was "bet the house" was Iowa/Meatchicken. Vegas O/U was 35. Pate said Iowa games had been under something like 9 games in a row, and this one wouldn't be any different, Iowa wasn't going to do shit and Meatchicken wouldn't run it up. I wish I had bet the house on that 26-0 outcome.

48 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

The Disch still holds up, bones wise. Texas needs to invest and they will. 

Head coaching wise, very hard to imagine Vitello or Schloss. Vitello for obvious reasons, he acts like a child. There are plenty of great recruiters around the country. Texas doesn’t want a program like that. 

goto to any modern minor league field, then goto DF 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

goto to any modern minor league field, then goto DF 

Annoys the fuck out of me, but I just got a new mgr at work who has a kid that plays high school baseball. He is apparently getting recruited by multiple D1 schools and they said the Texas facilities are light years behind aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Annoys the fuck out of me, but I just got a new mgr at work who has a kid that plays high school baseball. He is apparently getting recruited by multiple D1 schools and they said the Texas facilities are light years behind aggy. 

Can’t be true.  We are a traditional power.

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Let this sink in, Texas facilities are light years behind Kentucky 

Stadium/seating/crowd/capacity-based stuff needs to be separated out from actual baseball-related stuff. The issues related to the Disch have been well documented and lag behind a lot of SEC programs in certain areas. The baseball-related areas are a separate conversation.

The new indoor is less than 5 years old and extremely nice. I've been inside. It has all the bells and whistles. Pitching lab, two-story weight room, alumni locker room, dining/nutrition area, etc.

They just redid the coaches locker room in the last few years as well. No idea what the player's locker room looks like nowadays maybe that needs to be refreshed.

The reality is in the NIL age, your facilities now rank about 4th or 5th in importance when making a decision. Whereas 5 years ago it may have been in the top 3. Do you want the new squat racks or do you want that 5 or 6-figure check going to NIL and we'll keep the old squat racks for another year or two?

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Stadium/seating/crowd/capacity-based stuff needs to be separated out from actual baseball-related stuff. The issues related to the Disch have been well documented and lag behind a lot of SEC programs in certain areas. The baseball-related areas are a separate conversation.

The new indoor is less than 5 years old and extremely nice. I've been inside. It has all the bells and whistles. Pitching lab, two-story weight room, alumni locker room, dining/nutrition area, etc.

They just redid the coaches locker room in the last few years as well. No idea what the player's locker room looks like nowadays maybe that needs to be refreshed.

The reality is in the NIL age, your facilities now rank about 4th or 5th in importance when making a decision. Whereas 5 years ago it may have been in the top 3. Do you want the new squat racks or do you want that 5 or 6-figure check going to NIL and we'll keep the old squat racks for another year or two?

if the last paragraph is true then why is every team doing so much more to renovate? It’s a huge tool for recruiting along with NIL. 

41 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Not just the facilities but going and watching a game, enjoying the game. All of it needs a huge upgrade / revamp. It reminds me / has the feel of the old 80’s multiple stadiums 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Important dates regarding the Texas hire/college baseball schedule. Current p players have until July 2nd to enter the portal. Regardless of what happens with the Texas hire they'll have about 7 days to decide whether to follow their current coach (Schloss etc) which usually happens depending on the caliber of coach (see Riley/Caleb Williams). If the Ags lose tomorrow I would put a Wednesday/Thursday timeline on us hiring a new coach depends on result for portal considerations. 

Secondly regardless of what happens tomorrow we have a coach who is:

1. Aware of College baseball history. Does he want to be a legend is BCS or go down in Augie territory with 3+ dog piles in Omaha?

2. A single coach staying in Texas with a recently sold home and no attachment to BCS making his decision by himself with no in home force making decisions for him. 

Regardless of tomorrow's outcome Schloss will be ahorn by weeks end based on all that we've seen to date. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Important dates regarding the Texas hire/college baseball schedule. Current p players have until July 2nd to enter the portal. Regardless of what happens with the Texas hire they'll have about 7 days to decide whether to follow their current coach (Schloss etc) which usually happens depending on the caliber of coach (see Riley/Caleb Williams). If the Ags lose tomorrow I would put a Wednesday/Thursday timeline on us hiring a new coach depends on result for portal considerations. 

The 30 day portal window applies in baseball like it does in football. So they will have longer than July 2nd, both Texas and the school they hire from.

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Player locker room and meeting rooms need big overhauls. But you’re right about everything else.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

if the last paragraph is true then why is every team doing so much more to renovate? It’s a huge tool for recruiting along with NIL. 

What exactly do we need to add/update on the baseball side of things? Not including stadium renovations for the fans. 

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Not just the facilities but going and watching a game, enjoying the game. All of it needs a huge upgrade / revamp. It reminds has the feel of the old 80’s multiple stadiums 

I certainly don’t want us mimicking the Dell Diamond. I hate how far back from the field those stadiums go instead of going up. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The 30 day portal window applies in baseball like it does in football. So they will have longer than July 2nd, both Texas and the school they hire from.

You're correct there but if Schloss  comes to Austin I'd bet our hual from college station will be less than 5 dudes who'd follow him to the end of the earth. The other college baseball transfers who'd make a difference year 1 are who most are worried about 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah, but DF is in no danger of collapsing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Fans care about winning. Texas never has a problem filling the Disch when the product is worth a shit. 

Filling Disch isn’t the issue. Ofc we have great crowds in June. But in April the crowd is stale as fuck. It’s what we bitched DKR was like before CDC made changes 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Filling Disch isn’t the issue. Ofc we have great crowds in June. But in April the crowd is stale as fuck. It’s what we bitched DKR was like before CDC made changes 

Good to know you're just there for the experience and not the product. We should bring back jet pack guy. 

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach