Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

Gotta believe Schlossnagel is either laughing his ass off or hugely pissed. Doesn't seem to be any middle ground here.

Just now, immamac said:

Other than bullshit non first party people what source is there that he's been officially terminated for a week or more?

The official announcements by Pierce and CDC sound like it's been Done since shortly after Regionals. CDC just waited for maximum effect. Big time play.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I'm just referring to pretty connected posters on here who alluded to some behind the scenes issues.  I'm nobody.

But they didn't suggest anything further? I don't visit the baseball forum often, obviously, so I haven't been following. But I haven't heard any rumors of any behind the scenes issues other than he sucks. Lots of questionable coaching and roster management stuff, but not like he's an acolyte of Cleve Bryant or anything. 

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

Other than bullshit non first party people what source is there that he's been officially terminated for a week or more?

CDC's and Pierce's own statements where they're basically saying they met about it at the end of the season. The fact CDC hasn't spoken about it at all in over 3 weeks of rumor craziness, and neither has pierce, also made it pretty obvious. Tea leaves. 

Edited by UncleBuck

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

But they didn't suggest anything further? I don't visit the baseball forum often, obviously, so I haven't been following. But I haven't heard any rumors of any behind the scenes issues other than he sucks. Lots of questionable coaching and roster management stuff, but not like he's an acolyte of Cleve Bryant or anything. 

I just assumed they meant the coaching staff turnover. The only pitching coach that will work for Pierce is himself, and that didn't work out too great.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There have been more than one reference to abusive treatment of players and families.  Do I know that's true?  Nope.  I'm not gonna be much help here.  Shouldn't have said anything.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm no insider either, but it's been said he's kind of a prick, hard to work for (staff turnover), and rubbed some big money guys the wrong way. That stuff is fine if you're getting to the finals regularly, but when the trajectory is trending down and your in-state rivals are recruiting and performing lights out, the leash starts getting short. 

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There have been more than one reference to abusive treatment of players and families.  Do I know that's true?  Nope.  I'm not gonna be much help here.  Shouldn't have said anything.

6 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'm no insider either, but it's been said he's kind of a prick, hard to work for (staff turnover), and rubbed some big money guys the wrong way. That stuff is fine if you're getting to the finals regularly, but when the trajectory is trending down and your in-state rivals are recruiting and performing lights out, the leash starts getting short. 

Yeah, no, I wasn't being accusatory guys. Like I said, I don't spend much time here, I was legitimately asking. He's definitely a dumb prick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Tiger droppings poster saying 35 million for 10 years? Lol

This has been floating for close to two weeks at this point. I remain deeply skeptical that Texas is going to reset the market for college baseball coaches, but it won't bother me if it is true.

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I do agree somewhat with the sentiment of “if its schloss/vit, why distract the team with firing news today”?

Why not? We don't owe either of those asshole schools and programs a fucking thing.

Or maybe they're going to announce the hiring of Bakich in about 90 minutes or something.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

This has been floating for close to two weeks at this point. I remain deeply skeptical that Texas is going to reset the market for college baseball coaches, but it won't bother me if it is true.

Why not? We don't owe either of those asshole schools and programs a fucking thing.

Or maybe they're going to announce the hiring of Bakich in about 90 minutes or something.

Is bakich worth 3.5 a year?   Is he a guy that would reset the market?

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I do agree somewhat with the sentiment of “if its schloss/vit, why distract the team with firing news today”?

IMO there were rumors circulating already, so I don't see it becoming any bigger of a distraction than it was for the teams themselves. For the people around it, sure. 

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach