Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

My theory on the timing of the announcement of Pierce's firing is related to Kurt Bowels.  He wasn't gonna hold back on writing about the story, like others did, because he wanted to get a bunch of clicks at his new employer, the Houston Chronicle with an "exclusive" story.

Texas was forced to get ahead of Bowel's story and move up their timing of the announcement about Pierce.

What’s the story?

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Reading the context of the posts today, and not posting here regularly, the general consensus is that this @Balcones guy hung himself by his under-developed testicles until dead, correct?

Ha! Good one, Cindy. 

No. I stand by everything I wrote. Mostly just Pierce’s record, player stats, and gaming stations in the stands. Ironically, Pierce probably felt the same way about Hurley as many on here. Im guessing most posters here shit on Hurley way more than Pierce did. 

I’ll certainly cheer on the new guy and all of the players next year as well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't exclusively about onfield performance.

Strong disagree.

Those 3 CWS have some context. For the most part we have had meh teams that overachieved in the postseason.

UT baseball should have elite teams with top 8 seeds more years than not. It shouldn't be a miracle to make Omaha, that should be playing to expectations.

3 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Ha! Good one, Cindy. 

No. I stand by everything I wrote. Mostly just Pierce’s record, player stats, and gaming stations in the stands. Ironically, Pierce probably felt the same way about Hurley as many on here. Im guessing most posters here shit on Hurley way more than Pierce did. 

I’ll certainly cheer on the new guy and all of the players next year as well.

10/10 great post. 🤘

8 minutes ago, whereiend said:

Strong disagree.

Those 3 CWS have some context. For the most part we have had meh teams that overachieved in the postseason.

UT baseball should have elite teams with top 8 seeds more years than not. It shouldn't be a miracle to make Omaha, that should be playing to expectations.

What do you think the standard should be here at Texas? 

7 minutes ago, whereiend said:

Strong disagree.

Hot take.  That doesn't change the fact that there have been reports of abusive behavior towards players and parents, nor does it change the questions of staff and roster management.

Is it your position that the firing had nothing to do with any off field issues?  Because that's exactly what you just said.

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hot take.  That doesn't change the fact that there have been reports of abusive behavior towards players and parents, nor does it change the questions of staff and roster management.

Is it your position that the firing had nothing to do with any off field issues?  Because that's exactly what you just said.

17 minutes ago, Balcones said:

What do you think the standard should be here at Texas? 

Pierce hasn't had a single dominant team in his entire tenure here. I'm talking about the type of team that Vitello has fielded twice in the last three years.

How many top 8 seeds have we had under him? Maybe one?  Pierce makes winning at Texas look way too hard; it reminds me of Tom Herman.

Edited by whereiend
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Imagine dumping $95 mil into DF ….

Kentucky just spent 49 million
Arkansas did 27 million a few years ago
Tech has a 42 million renovation planned
Oklahoma St has invested 60 million
Oregon has 25 million in renovations
Florida has 65 million in renovations
UCONN has 50 million, UCONN

But hey we spent like 10 million 5 years ago!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Kentucky just spent 49 million
Arkansas did 27 million a few years ago
Tech has a 42 million renovation planned
Oklahoma St has invested 60 million
Oregon has 25 million in renovations
Florida has 65 million in renovations
UCONN has 50 million, UCONN

But hey we spent like 10 million 5 years ago!

Wasn’t that when Pence was AD? It’s be a different story this time around, I’d wager. CDC is a lot of things, but raising money and big projects is something he excels at, so I wouldnt sweat it…

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wasn’t that when Pence was AD? It’s be a different story this time around, I’d wager. CDC is a lot of things, but raising money and big projects is something he excels at, so I wouldnt sweat it…

Yeah I feel like part of this hire will be a promise on massive upgrades. 

I posted earlier but they need to make that Yeti stuff out in left field bigger and add a second deck to it....potentially extend it into left-center field some...make it 1st come 1st serve. Create some boxes like you and CTJ have down the left and right field lines that come with coolers, TVs, etc, and add some more luxury suites for corporate and BMD.

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pence?  Maybe we should hang that guy.

Oh, you meant Perrin who was an All-SWC LB.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

My theory on the timing of the announcement of Pierce's firing is related to Kurt Bowels.  He wasn't gonna hold back on writing about the story, like others did, because he wanted to get a bunch of clicks at his new employer, the Houston Chronicle with an "exclusive" story.

Texas was forced to get ahead of Bowel's story and move up their timing of the announcement about Pierce.

If Bohls is the one who breaks who the new head coach is later tonight or in the morning, then I would take it he traded holding as long as he did for that story and his new job. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach