Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

My theory for the evening.  Liucci & Rogers aren't denying the smoke to not ruin their potentially historic game tonight. If they lose they'll leak the Schloss to Texas story post game or early morning to cry foul that he did them dirty. This will be an attempt to play victim again and try to hamstring Schloss/Texas in the portal/recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, whereiend said:

Strong disagree.

Those 3 CWS have some context. For the most part we have had meh teams that overachieved in the postseason.

UT baseball should have elite teams with top 8 seeds more years than not. It shouldn't be a miracle to make Omaha, that should be playing to expectations.

Context huh?

Being in the Big 12 the last handful of years meant maybe 1 top 8 seed from the conference per year.

Theres no benefit of the doubt to the conference.  Plus we schedule too difficult in the non-conference.  I looked the other day at our first 17 non-conference games.  We played 7 games against tourney teams.  The Aggies played 1 - us.  When we played them we had Tech the next weekend.  They had Tx Southern-Rhode Island.

The SEC and to a lesser extent have a purposeful schedule.  They’ve been working it 20 years.

Starting next year we get the benefit of the doubt too.

And oddly enough, they just flashed the graphic saying the #1 seed last won in 1999.  Guess there’s been lots of overachievers.  Not sure many of those beat the powerful Evansville in the super and their finals opponent lost one of their best hitters and best pitchers in the super.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

No there aren’t lol. It’s 2024. They’ve been playing on it for their entire lives at every level. No one cares 

Are you actually trying to tell me that there aren’t kids that prefer playing baseball on grass? And that none of them care either way? No one cares? You’re wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Da Fino said:

Are you actually trying to tell me that there aren’t kids that prefer playing baseball on grass? And that none of them care either way? No one cares? You’re wrong. 

it’s not something any fan should care about because players largely don’t give a shit. No one is choosing to play somewhere else because they have a grass field.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, landman said:

Yeah.  There are.  They play on grass a TON more than on turf.

I bet we lose a lot of recruits because of it too. The turf complaint has been the stupidest thing our fans think makes the disch bad. It is irrelevant to the fan experience, it’s irrelevant to the quality of baseball we play. 

Edited by hobbes2702

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach