Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

Just now, dcar00 said:

what the fuck does "and that hasn't changed my mind" mean?

why not just say "and I am not going to be the coach at Texas"

I have no idea if he comes or not. But it's pretty easy to me to read that as "when I took the A&M job I never intended to take another job and my mind hasn't changed that I never intended to take another job.....but  Texas came calling and although I never intended to leave, I'm leaving because I can't turn down Texas."

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

This is what is odd about the announcement.  If he's in at Texas why would CDC announce Pierce firing knowing Schloss(his friend supposedly) is going to get that question.

I agree that it is funny the texags dude asked the question, forcing him to respond.

bohle story was going out today 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think yall are reading way to much into that response. Regardless of him taking this job or not he just got as close to his life long goal of winning the CWS. If he takes the job he already knows he's going to be the goat for life. As much as we love to hate those guys most of these elite coaches just want to win regardless of the uniform they have on. I'd be showing a lot of angst as well in that situation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

His response was the way it was so that he could leverage more money from aggy

if he flat out denies hes coming here, he loses all leverage

Dude he’ll be the highest paid coach regardless of his response. Alberts isn’t gonna sit back and say “yeah, he’s with us!  Don’t have to be proactive - his contract is fine.”  Schloss is winning big regardless of what happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach