Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

18 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

He didn't want to have to answer that question tonight, instead wanted to focus on his team's effort.  He was pissed because a reporter from what is essentially the media arm of the school was the one whos asked that distracting question.  He didn't deny anything and he left before anyone could ask for a clear answer.  I don't have any idea what's going to happen, but if I was aggy, I would be more concerned than reassured by his response.

Yep. He had an easy opportunity to shut down the question clearly, instead he side-stepped it entirely  and walked out. That sounded much more like the response of someone who doesn’t expect to stay but doesn’t want to say that right after his team just lost. 

It’s wild that some people took that answer to be a sign he’s staying. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 6

Schlossnagle’s press conference after their defeat sounds a lot like Roy Williams’ 2003 interview when asked whether he would be taking the job at North Carolina. Both made reference to how selfish it would be to even think about it in the moment. Williams left for North Carolina anyway. Schloss may not be the guy, but that press conference shouldn’t convince anyone of what he will do. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. He had an easy opportunity to shut down the question clearly, instead he side-stepped it entirely  and walked out. That was the response of someone who doesn’t expect to stay but doesn’t want to say that right after his team just lost. 

There are over 100 responses on Texags about it - they all know he’s coming back, whooping about it and stuff. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

my main concern about Schloss before today was that he’d only be around for maybe 8-10 years at most before being ready to retire….

and then found out he’s only 53 😬

53 in baseball coach years is like 75 in human years.

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

“Non-denial denial.”

Yeah. “I came to Texas A&M to never take another job again. That hasn’t changed. What did change is that I had no idea Texas would offer so much money. I’d be a fool to pass it up, but that’s not what I intended when I got here.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yeah. “I came to Texas A&M to never take another job again. That hasn’t changed. What did change is that I had no idea Texas would offer so much money. I’d be a fool to pass it up, but that’s not what I intended when I got here.”

Followed up with the classic defensive move "I GAVE THIS JOB EVERYTHING I HAD, I DIDNT SELL THIS TEAM OUT THESE LAST FEW DAYS BY TAKING THE TEXAS JOB. WRITE THAT!"  

Storms off before any further follow up questions can be asked. Roy Williams 2.0

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Followed up with the classic defensive move "I GAVE THIS JOB EVERYTHING I HAD, I DIDNT SELL THIS TEAM OUT THESE LAST FEW DAYS BY TAKING THE TEXAS JOB. WRITE THAT!"  

Storms off before any further follow up questions can be asked. Roy Williams 2.0

I don’t know if he’s coming here or not, but his statement certainly doesn’t indicate that he isn’t.

Sort of like CDC’s comment on Tom Herman’s job status before he fired him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Very progressive of him to not introduce his family to Hitler youth 

He left his family when he cheated on his wife and lost his house across the street from Lufton Field to her in the divorce.  Then he went full Agro. 

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

I can already hear the Looch spin “the fighting ags gave it all they had in spite of their coach. The traitor already had his mind set in Austin and the feeling was felt throughout the locker room. Schloss will not be missed in college station as we were able to hire _____ who will bring grit and determination to your fighting Texas Aggies…”

Plus a much-needed culture change.

1 minute ago, petscii said:

He left his family when he cheated on his wife and lost his house across the street from Lurton Field to her in the divorce.  Then he went full Agro. 

Well, if he successfully got rid of his wife and smashed some tcu ass, I mean…

Baby Hat GIF 

Edited by Fletch
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, petscii said:

He had a house across the street from a ballpark

That’s cool and all but what’s better for your mental health and career? This place? image.thumb.jpeg.95dfd3f05430703778e5f033a03a3e0c.jpeg

Or this one? image.jpeg.b8b4980637bdb9e389e8c32861f8d336.jpeg

After all the crazy shit Schloss has seen in that dark hellhole, my fan fiction is these two asshats went a bridge too far and broke Schloss with….idk whatever the fuck these waste of human shit were trying to accomplish here. 

A9BAB8A9-44D2-4F79-8A20-A81E59193C61.thumb.webp.ae760c708fe7634eb66fc2e982a382d6.webp

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Fletch said:

After all the crazy shit Schloss has seen in that dark hellhole, my fan fiction is these two asshats went a bridge too far and broke Schloss with….idk whatever the fuck these waste of human shit were trying to accomplish here. 

A9BAB8A9-44D2-4F79-8A20-A81E59193C61.thumb.webp.ae760c708fe7634eb66fc2e982a382d6.webp

Apparently they were harassing the FL coach about UF's dead batboy. The batboy and his brother were killed by their dad in a murder-suicide in 2021. 

FL coach is now married to the dead batboy's mom, so aggy is taunting FL coach specifically about his wife's dead kids. 

@Gatorubet prob knows more details. 

https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/2024/06/17/texas-am-fans-ejected-from-college-world-series-for-heckling-uf-coach/74125717007/

Edited by Pods
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Pods said:

Apparently they were harassing the FL coach about UF's dead batboy. The batboy and his brother were killed by their dad in a murder-suicide in 2001. 

FL coach is now married to the dead batboy's mom, so aggy is taunting FL coach specifically about his wife's dead kids. 

@Gatorubet prob knows more details. 

https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/2024/06/17/texas-am-fans-ejected-from-college-world-series-for-heckling-uf-coach/74125717007/

Yeah, I know. But why? 

Oh wait, never mind. Brainwashed, uneducated aggy strikes again. 

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

Should it happen, Looch will spin it 3 ways:

1) Schloss leaving was a a distraction to the team and cost aggy their only championship in the last 85 years.

2) Schloss only left because he’s best friends with CDC. Long diatribe against his fellow Italian. CDC is the devil in a burnt orange suit.

3) Texas is a bad conference mate for poaching a SEC coach. Long diatribe how tu can never be trusted and should have never been invited to the SEC. This isn’t how SEC peers behave, blah, blah. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Should it happen, Looch will spin it 3 ways:

1) Schloss leaving was a a distraction to the team and cost aggy their only championship in the last 85 years.

2) Schloss only left because he’s best friends with CDC. Long diatribe against his fellow Italian. CDC is the devil in a burnt orange suit.

3) Texas is a bad conference mate for poaching a SEC coach. Long diatribe how tu can never be trusted and should have never been invited to the SEC. This isn’t how SEC peers behave, blah, blah. 

And if all or any of that is true, good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. He had an easy opportunity to shut down the question clearly, instead he side-stepped it entirely  and walked out. That sounded much more like the response of someone who doesn’t expect to stay but doesn’t want to say that right after his team just lost. 

Sir, allow me to introduce you to an Aggie. 

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach