Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

8 hours ago, Hairy Biped said:

He didn't want to have to answer that question tonight, instead wanted to focus on his team's effort.  He was pissed because a reporter from what is essentially the media arm of the school was the one whos asked that distracting question.  He didn't deny anything and he left before anyone could ask for a clear answer.  I don't have any idea what's going to happen, but if I was aggy, I would be more concerned than reassured by his response.

Spot on. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Should it happen, Looch will spin it 3 ways:

1) Schloss leaving was a a distraction to the team and cost aggy their only championship in the last 85 years.

2) Schloss only left because he’s best friends with CDC. Long diatribe against his fellow Italian. CDC is the devil in a burnt orange suit.

3) Texas is a bad conference mate for poaching a SEC coach. Long diatribe how tu can never be trusted and should have never been invited to the SEC. This isn’t how SEC peers behave, blah, blah. 

Good thing they aren't our peer, then.

43 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

IMG_20240625_070125.jpg

The ole "that's my/their job" bullshit. Hell, I guess maybe it is, but it's the fucking worst thing about these pressers. It's the post CWS-final presser and you go asking the losing coach about him taking a job at the rival, what kind of answer do you think you're going to get? 90% of the time it's going to be something along the lines of what we get from Schloss here, and these press guys know it. But, "I have to ask. I have to ask the hard questions." It's not a hard question, it's the easiest question to ask because it's the gossip everyone's talking about. Ask a question about baseball that someone hasn't already asked, you fuck. That's your job. You know you're not getting an honest answer about that coach taking another job on that stage.

And when the guy actually does bolt for the other job, everyone's gunna go back to this press conference moment and use the BS answer you got from your "hard-hitting question" to call the coach a snake/liar/POS, all because you thought you were "doing my job!" foh

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

If it's either Schloss or Vitello I wouldn't expect an announcement until tomorrow or Thursday.  Give them time to wrap up things with their team and administration.

I think Blake and/or Gerry at OTF said Friday at the latest but probably Wed/Thurs

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

I think Blake and/or Gerry at OTF said Friday at the latest but probably Wed/Thurs

I think it will be Wed/Thursday at the latest. Transfer window is closing and you really need to make moves quickly to set yourself up for success in Austin. If it is Schloss, today will be no news. Tomorrow he will inform the aggies he is leaving and will start poaching staff and recruits. New will probably break Wednesday evening/Thursday morning. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

"Yah. I've been talking with my buddy Christopher Del Monte about the job for years now, and that discussion has definitely ramped up over the past few weeks. Just to let you know, I've already accepted the job, so I'm not even sure why y'all are asking the coach of the University of Texas Longhorns these questions. Hook 'em!" *walks off stage

The canned fruit guy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Transfer window is closing and you really need to make moves quickly to set yourself up for success in Austin

Yep, July 2. Though Texas and aggy players would have 30 extra days if he's going to bring anyone with him, but you also want to get Schloss to Austin ASAP to meet with JT, Flores and LBJ to gauge their interest in coming back + get him on the phone with the 2024 class to shore them up and also see if he can flip any of the aggy commits. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Viper said:

There is no shot this thing stretches out to Friday unless there is a hiccup somewhere along the way.

The clock is ticking and it's time to get the new coach in, clean up what is left in the portal and get this thing back on track.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

There is no shot this thing stretches out to Friday unless there is a hiccup somewhere along the way.

The clock is ticking and it's time to get the new coach in, clean up what is left in the portal and get this thing back on track.

Yah, we've only waiting this long for a reason, and that reason is because our guy was still coaching. He at least gets a day to get back to CS with his guys, gather them up and let 'em know, and then it's deuces and on to Austin. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

The way that the people who are in the know stay in the know is by following the guidelines of the scoop they are given. 

No one is gonna leak that knows because CDC lops off that entire arm with small changes in detail to know who it is. He's masterful at this. 

You should be happy with how competent and effective this AD is at its most important tasks. 

Then keep the tidbits to yourself. Otherwise you’re just Cruiser. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

I intentionally stay dark on these things. It's not as fun for me to not be part of the rampant speculation. I guess the only spoiler I have is I know pretty solidly who is full of shit and who isn't based on sources not info. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, we've only waiting this long for a reason, and that reason is because our guy was still coaching. He at least gets a day to get back to CS with his guys, gather them up and let 'em know, and then it's deuces and on to Austin. 

And if for some reason it isn't Schlossnagle I would have to assume this thing is still moving at warp speed. We just basically went an entire month without a head coach so the sense of urgency has to be high.

We should be hosting portal visitors by this weekend.

Edited by Hookem2147

2 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

I think that dude died like 10 years ago after leaking the Shaka hire.  I'll give you this PE, you bring old shit outta the blue better than any woman I've ever known.  And that's saying something...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

If it's Schloss, are all the assistants coming?  We have the "text" from Goins that says Drew Bishop is going to be an assistant, which means someone from aggyville isn't coming.  Could Cain go back to LSU and only Earley and Weiner come? 

Unless Bishop is coming back to do Ops. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

If it's Schloss, are all the assistants coming?  We have the "text" from Goins that says Drew Bishop is going to be an assistant, which means someone from aggyville isn't coming.  Could Cain go back to LSU and only Earley and Weiner come? 

Unless Bishop is coming back to do Ops.

we bringing errbody!

2 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

If we beat them in the fall. College station may wash away from the tears, just work its way down the Brazos until it spills into the gulf. 

I propose moving college station adjacent to Lake Buchanan so we can get these aggy tears to fill up Lake Travis and Lake Buchanan by weeks end.  Hoping there will be a plethora of said tears in the next few days.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

If we beat them in the fall. College station may wash away from the tears, just work its way down the Brazos until it spills into the gulf. 

There ain't a lot of sports that we will play them H2H that they are better than us next year.  Maybe MBB and women's tennis, but Texas should be better than them in volleyball, softball, soccer, football, WBB, men's tennis.  Baseball remains to be seen, but if we take their coach and some of their roster, we have that advantage. 

Edited by Js1

Ag spin incoming:

Stoopid sips stole a coach from us who didn't even win the NC.  Good riddance, we're going to bring in someone even better.  Maybe a middlin ACC coach that'll lose everyone in the portal but bring in a bunch of real lunchpail kids from DIII.  We clearly need a culture change and Coach Antelope is gonna get us there!  So take that ya stoopid sips!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, utee94 said:

Ag spin incoming:

Stoopid sips stole a coach from us who didn't even win the NC.  Good riddance, we're going to bring in someone even better.  Maybe a middlin ACC coach that'll lose everyone in the portal but bring in a bunch of real lunchpail kids from DIII.  We clearly need a culture change and Coach Antelope is gonna get us there!  So take that ya stoopid sips!

Chris Pollard, you are the next HC at aggy

He even looks the part

image.thumb.png.0a11ea7ce085f0c92b333ade0df37517.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Ag spin incoming:

"I'll take animals 'Aggies have yet to fuck' for $900, Alex." 

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach