Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There ain't a lot of sports that we will play them H2H that they are better than us next year.  Maybe MBB and women's tennis, but Texas should be better than them in volleyball, softball, soccer, football, WBB, men's tennis.  Baseball remains to be seen, but if we take their coach and some of their roster, we have that advantage. 

Football will carry so much weight.

beat them on both ends of football 2011 and 2024. Take their conference. Take their coach. It’ll be uncut aggy tears. 

Drink their milkshake! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, theaveragejon said:

Football will carry so much weight.

beat them on both ends of football 2011 and 2024. Take their conference. Take their coach. It’ll be uncut aggy tears. 

Drink their milkshake! 

Yes, football carries a lot of weight.  But Texas can enter the SEC and assert itself by winning the vast majority of H2H matchups next year as SEC conference foes and start relegating aggy to #2 in the state, as is their natural place. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

I intentionally stay dark on these things. It's not as fun for me to not be part of the rampant speculation. I guess the only spoiler I have is I know pretty solidly who is full of shit and who isn't based on sources not info. 

And yes to clarify this is an admission of me not knowing shit generally speaking. I think it's pretty obvious when I'm the primary source (lots of things regarding burnt ends or not secret TOF stuff etc) and when I'm just being part of the fun that is a coaching search or transfer portal get etc. 

Basically when it's obvious that I'm running the shit because I'm the organizer I know everything. When I'm not intentionally stay in the dark to the actual scoop, not to the narrative/players if that makes sense. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Ag spin incoming:

Stoopid sips stole a coach from us who didn't even win the NC.  Good riddance, we're going to bring in someone even better.  Maybe a middlin ACC coach that'll lose everyone in the portal but bring in a bunch of real lunchpail kids from DIII.  We clearly need a culture change and Coach Antelope is gonna get us there!  So take that ya stoopid sips!

ISWYDT

image.png.d34582a6f0139258960896f928f44e6e.png

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If it's Schloss, are all the assistants coming?  We have the "text" from Goins that says Drew Bishop is going to be an assistant, which means someone from aggyville isn't coming.  Could Cain go back to LSU and only Earley and Weiner come? 

Unless Bishop is coming back to do Ops. 

I feel like Weiner will get a shot at a HC gig sooner than later. I doubt aggy's ego would let them hire him right now, but someone is going to give him a shot soon. Are any jobs other than ours (and aggy) still open? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, Pescado_Rojo said:

I feel like Weiner will get a shot at a HC gig sooner than later. I doubt aggy's ego would let them hire him right now, but someone is going to give him a shot soon. Are any jobs other than ours (and aggy) still open? 

There will be after A&M makes their replacement hire, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, mrhorn said:

That’s a kiss of death if I’ve ever seen one. Dude is a clown.
That’s a kiss of death if I’ve ever seen one. Dude is a clown.

Olin Buchanan is a nice dude. Or was back in the 90s. He interviewed me multiple times in the Westlake Picayune. I had no idea he’d gone Aggy. Maybe he always was. 

Just now, Rex Kramer said:

Olin Buchanan is a nice dude. Or was back in the 90s. He interviewed me multiple times in the Westlake Picayune. I had no idea he’d gone Aggy. Maybe he always was. 

He was always an aggy, right up to the point several years ago when he went on racist screeds despite being married to and having a child with a mexican woman. He's the perfect aggie. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Seems like info is leaking out in a controlled manner. It sounds like the decision to get rid of Pierce was made behind closed doors when the conflicts with his staff passed a certain point. That would mean there was more than enough time to back channel with Schloss, hammer out a framework, come to general terms, and create safe lines of communication long before the playoffs even started. 

I think that’s the part many are likely discounting. The ags playoff run likely isn’t even that germane to the situation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, BlackCat said:

Seems like info is leaking out in a controlled manner. It sounds like the decision to get rid of Pierce was made behind closed doors when the conflicts with his staff passed a certain point. That would mean there was more than enough time to back channel with Schloss, hammer out a framework, come to general terms, and create safe lines of communication long before the playoffs even started. 

I think that’s the part many are likely discounting. The ags playoff run likely isn’t even that germane to the situation. 

To be Fair, Erin Hogan just said on 102.7 ESPN Austin Radio that he heard from someone he knows and trust that it may have been Pierce that leaked the story to Bohls, forcing UT's hand yesterday.   If so, man what a piece of work he is turning out to be.  

Edited by chemHORN
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is there a link?

I don't currently have a link. I'm sure they podcast their shows.  He literally just said it about 20 minutes ago on air.  I was listening on my way to work.  Also I updated my post to indicated this was on 102.7 ESPN Austin Radio just to be clear.  

Edited by chemHORN
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

To be Fair, Erin Hogan just said on 102.7 ESPN Austin Radio that he heard from someone he knows and trust that it may have been Pierce that leaked the story to Bohls, forcing UT's hand yesterday.   If so, man what a piece of work he is turning out to be.  

He probably read my post yesterday suggesting that's what happened. Not that difficult to make that assumption

(Hi Erin!)

Edited by Pescado_Rojo

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I intentionally stay dark on these things. It's not as fun for me to not be part of the rampant speculation. I guess the only spoiler I have is I know pretty solidly who is full of shit and who isn't based on sources not info. 

Can you start Vince Carter dunking on people that are full of shit?  That would be entertaining.  I always get a good chuckle when @closetojumping barbecues somebody to extra crispy on here.  It would at least help me put more folks on ignore lol.

2 minutes ago, huge said:

Guy I know played for him at Episcopal in Houston back in the day and said Pierce was a grade A asshole and no one liked him.  So this is nothing new.

It's quite obvious just how fucking inept Patterson and Perrin were.  CDC understands you have to recruit coaches with personalities that mesh well. 

Players didn't seem happy while playing for Shaka, Herman, Pierce. 

58 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

I propose moving college station adjacent to Lake Buchanan so we can get these aggy tears to fill up Lake Travis and Lake Buchanan by weeks end.  Hoping there will be a plethora of said tears in the next few days.

And we could stock them with Speckled Trout.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, immamac said:

And yes to clarify this is an admission of me not knowing shit generally speaking. I think it's pretty obvious when I'm the primary source (lots of things regarding burnt ends or not secret TOF stuff etc) and when I'm just being part of the fun that is a coaching search or transfer portal get etc. 

Basically when it's obvious that I'm running the shit because I'm the organizer I know everything. When I'm not intentionally stay in the dark to the actual scoop, not to the narrative/players if that makes sense. 

Steel Shank: You're not just telling us what we want to hear?

Immamac: No, sir. No way.

Steel Shank: Because we just want to hear the truth.

Immamac: Well, then I guess I am telling you what you want to hear.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Talk to me about his assistants.  I assume they're all competent but I don't know shit about fuck with regard to these things

They took a team to within one game of a Championship. No idea if they would all come with him if he’s the guy or if he’d be making a few changes/upgrades since I don’t follow Aggy baseball outside of when we played them. As with every staff on every team in every sport, I’m sure there are multiple weak spots

5 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Talk to me about his assistants.  I assume they're all competent but I don't know shit about fuck with regard to these things

Cain has been a big time assistant for a while - 6 years assistant at LSU, 3 years at aggy.  Was assistant coach/recruiting coordinator at LSU

Earley was at ASU for 5 years before coming to aggy.  Oversees the offense.

Weiner is young but upcoming.  Graduated college in 2017, 1 year pitching coordinator in the minors, 5 years pitching coordinator for Mariners before jumping to aggy.  Definitely a hot name

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach