Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

For a guy like Schloss to leave for his rival we had to pay.  I do t like the figures if true but this is a unique situation 

It also helps that he's close with our AD. 

I think that's something we undervalue about CDC. He has a big rolodex of elite coaches he has history with. The recent women's golf hire had a prior history with CDC. Our next soccer coach could also be from TCU where there was a prior relationship. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

It also helps that he's close with our AD. 

I think that's something we undervalue about CDC. He has a big rolodex of elite coaches he has history with. The recent women's golf hire had a prior history with CDC. Our next soccer coach could also be from TCU where there was a prior relationship. 

Better than signing whoever plonaky thinks is hot

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I was told 10 @3.5 per on Schloss last week

I was told that Pierce is a jackass that everyone hates and would never do what he was supposed to do at Texas winning wise.

Also- I think there might be a couple rumors you hear coming out of college station about Schloss if he moves on. I'm very interested to see what their reaction is and if they say some of this stuff. I'm damn sure not going to be the first guy to go public with it, especially if he ends up at UT- but if it gets out and becomes a thing I will confirm that's what I'm talking about here.

I think at the end of the day money blah blah blah tradition, CDC, blah blah blah- it won't be about any of that- if he moves it's just because he doesn't like aggy and feels about them like most on this board do.  

These are 3 different people- all of whom know things but are not connected to UT in any official capacity.  Nor are they connected to IT- for those that know I sponsor some shit over there- this is independent of anything they are saying. 

Schloss doesn’t really come off as a good guy.  Maybe it’s because I’ve viewed him as the enemy all this time

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I was told 10 @3.5 per on Schloss last week

I was told that Pierce is a jackass that everyone hates and would never do what he was supposed to do at Texas winning wise.

Also- I think there might be a couple rumors you hear coming out of college station about Schloss if he moves on. I'm very interested to see what their reaction is and if they say some of this stuff. I'm damn sure not going to be the first guy to go public with it, especially if he ends up at UT- but if it gets out and becomes a thing I will confirm that's what I'm talking about here.

I think at the end of the day money blah blah blah tradition, CDC, blah blah blah- it won't be about any of that- if he moves it's just because he doesn't like aggy and feels about them like most on this board do.  

These are 3 different people- all of whom know things but are not connected to UT in any official capacity.  Nor are they connected to IT- for those that know I sponsor some shit over there- this is independent of anything they are saying. 

You mean the banging frog coeds stuff?  Has already been on here someplace, and it's old news.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, chemHORN said:

To be Fair, Erin Hogan just said on 102.7 ESPN Austin Radio that he heard from someone he knows and trust that it may have been Pierce that leaked the story to Bohls, forcing UT's hand yesterday.   If so, man what a piece of work he is turning out to be.  

I'll say it again -- you only had to be paying the slightest bit of attention to deduce that Pierce was going to be fired, with all the silence after the season ended.  Kurt likely read speculation on Orangebloods or Hornfans, called Pierce, and Pierce fessed up.  There's your leak.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pretty much every successful coach in the history of ever has some ass-hole in him. If not you are probably a total pushover.

Gus mound visits were brutal per a former Longhorn infielder...

Recruiting in portal as the Longhorn HC is a lot easier than at aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, BlackCat said:

Honestly I feel the opposite. Don’t get me wrong I want Schloss but that’s a ridiculous contract and I hope the terms are much more in line with the market. Would rather let a&m hand out the Jimbo contracts. 

image.gif.233f26b9de599a899472dad4e0788be1.gif

The problem with the "Jimbo contract" is that they gave one to Jimbo.  Schlossnagle ain't Jimbo.

• Hook 'Em 3

I don't really follow baseball outside of UT, so I'm going to ask this question and duck...

Why do most here seem to prefer Schloss over Vitello? 

I get Vitello hasn't coached as long, or won as many games, but he seems to have the more impressive resume after taking his team to the CWS in 3 of the 6 (full) seasons he's been a head coach... and winning this year.  Schloss has never won the National Championship.  What am I missing?

Just now, DixonHur said:

I don't really follow baseball outside of UT, so I'm going to ask this question and duck...

I get Vitello hasn't coached as long, or won as many games, but he seems to have the more impressive resume after taking his team to the CWS in 3 of the 6 (full) seasons he's been a head coach... and winning this year.  Schloss has never won the National Championship.  What am I missing?

For the aggys tears 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

It's quite obvious just how fucking inept Patterson and Perrin were.  CDC understands you have to recruit coaches with personalities that mesh well. 

Players didn't seem happy while playing for Shaka, Herman, Pierce. 

Seems like DP is a lot like Jimbo.

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don't prefer Schloss over Vitello. I just believe Schloss is realistic, given the connection to CDC. Vitello surely isn't after winning the title.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

DP and Herman are the ones that are similar. 

Good coaches that couldn't hit a high enough ceiling because they're assholes that think they know everything. It's unfortunate because both are good coaches. 

Holy fucking shit, how could you possibly be more wrong twice in the same post? Jimbo Fisher literally burned two fucking programs into the fucking ground and cost them tens of millions of dollars. He's been violently hated everywhere he's left. We literally just watch Pierce be mediocre AF for almost a decade at a baseball program with the best resources this side of LSU's NIL. "good coaches." GTFO with this shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Fair enough, but didn't Vitello coach at TCU while CDC what there?

Yes, but I don't believe he'll leave Tennessee any time soon. He has built them into the modern power program. They hardly have any baseball history outside of his tenure and will give him whatever he wants.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Holy fucking shit, how could you possibly be more wrong twice in the same post? Jimbo Fisher literally burned two fucking programs into the fucking ground and cost them tens of millions of dollars. He's been violently hated everywhere he's left. We literally just watch Pierce be mediocre AF for almost a decade at a baseball program with the best resources this side of LSU's NIL. "good coaches." GTFO with this shit. 

He was talking about Herman not Jimbo dude. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

For a guy like Schloss to leave for his rival we had to pay.  I do t like the figures if true but this is a unique situation 

Why do people keep saying we're Schloss's rival? Far as I know, he never had any connection to A&M prior to taking the HC gig. Is it stemming from his time at TCU? If so, he coached for like 10 years while A&M was still in the conference also.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He was talking about Herman not Jimbo dude. 

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

DP and Herman are the ones that are similar. 

Good coaches that couldn't hit a high enough ceiling because they're assholes that think they know everything. It's unfortunate because both are good coaches. 

THanks. You're right, my bad and my apologies. I read the quoted text Ricky posted as his post and saw Jimbo. Still, pierce is not a good coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yes, but I don't believe he'll leave Tennessee any time soon. He's has built them into the modern power program. They don't have any baseball history outside of his tenure and will give him whatever he wants.

2 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I just think Vitello is a far less likely candidate and is at an institution that is fanatic about sports, rather than just being fanatic about being weirdos. 

Makes sense.  Like I said I don't follow baseball closely but was hoping we could money whip Vitello.. especially since he and I have similar last names, lol

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pierce isn't mediocre and I bet he will get another decent gig soon. 

Tulane has been bad since he left and he made the CWS 3 times in 7 full seasons at Texas. Obviously, that isn't the Texas standard but that doesn't make him "mediocre AF." 

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach