Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Optics. Nobody wants to be seen signing the contract the day after a devastating loss or major victory. 

Shit, I think it's great optics if it's Schloss. 

"I just lost a national title series and I know Texas is such a better program than aggy that I'm signing a contract less than 24 hours later." That makes an in-state rival look like a total bitch when you're trying to win recruiting wars. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Shit, I think it's great optics if it's Schloss. 

"I just lost a national title series and I know Texas is such a better program than aggy that I'm signing a contract less than 24 hours later." That makes an in-state rival look like a total bitch when you're trying to win recruiting wars. 

agreed totally and completely.

im looking forward to the softball of "why did you leave a team that just lost in game 3 of the CWS playing for the national championship?" THAT is going to be a soundbite for the ages

• Hook 'Em 3

we are going after guys who just played in the championship game.  anything could happen.  Schloss has already moved once but just played in the title game, Vitello may feel some allegiance to the school that gave him the shot and he just won it all.

Bakich wouldn't shock me.

Schloss would be like the Wash coach losing the title game and taking the Bama job.  It's only because it's aggy to Texas that makes it a story otherwise it is normal.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we are going after guys who just played in the championship game.  anything could happen.  Schloss has already moved once but just played in the title game, Vitello may feel some allegiance to the school that gave him the shot and he just won it all.

Bakich wouldn't shock me.

Schloss would be like the Wash coach losing the title game and taking the Bama job.  It's only because it's aggy to Texas that makes it a story otherwise it is normal.

I think at this point anyone but Schloss or Vitello would be a surprise.

Just now, BlackCat said:

To be clear for those more familiar with OTF, this makes it clear one of these two has signed with Texas?

Gerry has said multiple times whoever it is signed the contract.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Plus Vitello not likely leaving since he just won and will get his contract re-upped and likely anything else he asks for.

You think the decision wasn't already made prior to last night? Like, the dumbass rumor that "whoever loses will be the new hire" were real? Think about how stupid that sounds. Whether it's Schloss or Vitello, last night's game didn't have any bearing on the decision. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, chemHORN said:

To be Fair, Erin Hogan just said on 102.7 ESPN Austin Radio that he heard from someone he knows and trust that it may have been Pierce that leaked the story to Bohls, forcing UT's hand yesterday.   If so, man what a piece of work he is turning out to be.  

That's exactly what I figured. It was a dick move meant to make Texas look bad.

Plus, like Fatass Ketchum, count on Bohls to do what's bad for Texas and to leak shit that doesn't need to be leaked to make the story about himself.

Fuck 'em.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, NoName said:

...did you literally just copy and paste my exact comment from the other thread?

image.thumb.png.d1f2c37f9e4b59675147ea457f35f0c0.png

you fucking clown.

Yes because I couldn't be bothered to link your post when the data was the only thing important. Want me to tag you next time like LTXfan does?

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

And a disappointment

Part of me thinks all the smoke around Schloss is a misdirection play...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

That's exactly what I figured. It was a dick move meant to make Texas look bad.

Plus, like Fatass Ketchum, count on Bohls to do what's bad for Texas and to leak shit that doesn't need to be leaked to make the story about himself.

Fuck 'em.

Damnit Bohls! You promised you were retiring!

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Was just coming here to post this. Quite bold for an OTF inside to say "It's done," and then to tweet something like that out. It's like saying/confirming its one of those 2.

The AD has probably told them, knowing that Bobby and Gerry know how to post to drive up interest without giving away everything. OTF will ultimately be successful because Belmont can 100% trust them with this type of announcement.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yes because I couldn't be bothered to link your post when the data was the only thing important. Want me to tag you next time like LTXfan does?

giving credit is always important...otherwise, you are no better than those fucks at Barstool and anyone else who steals content.

which, to be clear: i don't think you are better than those fucks at Barstool and anyone else who steals content

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach