Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

1 minute ago, NoName said:

giving credit is always important...otherwise, you are no better than those fucks at Barstool and anyone else who steals content.

which, to be clear: i don't think you are better than those fucks at Barstool and anyone else who steals content

Look, your content was good, I'm sure he's read the other thread as well. You did a good job putting numbers to why Pierce was shit-canned. 

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

You think the decision wasn't already made prior to last night? Like, the dumbass rumor that "whoever loses will be the new hire" were real? Think about how stupid that sounds. Whether it's Schloss or Vitello, last night's game didn't have any bearing on the decision. 

well yeah, because it was "whoever wins gets the job"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

why Pierce was shit-canned. 

He was shit canned because he had:

• worst conference winning% by a coach since records existed back to 1911
  • 2nd worst overall win% by a coach at Texas since 1911
  • no national championships
  • lost his first game in all 3 CWS
  • 0-2 in Omaha in 2018, 0-2 in 2022.

image.thumb.png.5d296860e605b9aa4d1ffad4fadee22a.png

i think everyone can generally agree it was time to move on, especially if there is any truth to the Hurley story with folks being ready to turn in uniforms.

looking forward to seeing the next coach hired. wish him the best, but it was time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, wood said:

This is interesting.

A light search of flight aware i see that there are no flights from ABIA/Austin Exec to college station regional.

That's the only flight to a Knoxville airport that is private(non airline related)

Not much from Omaha

@derpyhorndog literally slacking

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Just now, Rex Kramer said:

Also seems like the Ags would match or exceed it. I don’t get why they wouldn’t. 

I think if you make an offer that big, as Schloss you dont even bother asking them to match it. You would be the highest paid coach in history by a huge margin. Asking aggy to pay you more would be a slap in the face to Texas at that point. You either want the job or you dont. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I think if you make an offer that big, as Schloss you dont even bother asking them to match it. You would be the highest paid coach in history by a huge margin. Asking aggy to pay you more would be a slap in the face to Texas at that point. You either want the job or you dont. 

Good point hadn't considered that. I can't wait for the Ag meltdown if this is true.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Also seems like the Ags would match or exceed it. I don’t get why they wouldn’t. 

multiple people have said that CDC uses the Mark Cuban shot clock on offers. take it or leave it in the next X min or by the end of the meeting.

not sure if that's totally true - but in concept i get it.

also like @The_Great_Hornsby said, you either want it or not. if you are being made the highest paid coach in college baseball, why shop it elsewhere?

Edited by NoName

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Which is why I bet this has been informally wrapped up for a while. We have him what he asked for then told him good luck for the rest of the season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Tony Vitello isn't coming to Texas. The fact he continues to be mentioned in the same breath as Schlossnagle tells me that they just needed someone else to pair with Schloss in these conversations. He is getting a fat extension from Tennessee and has everything he needs there.

If it isn't Schloss, it will be a candidate from the tier below.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also- I think there might be a couple rumors you hear coming out of college station about Schloss if he moves on. I'm very interested to see what their reaction is and if they say some of this stuff. I'm damn sure not going to be the first guy to go public with it, especially if he ends up at UT- but if it gets out and becomes a thing I will confirm that's what I'm talking about here.

Schloss likes to have sex in a tent in a Walmart parking lot?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

If rumors of Vitello get him a fat raise that's above what we sign Schloss for, double win.  We didn't set the market.

Question about Pierce:  I wonder if the abuse + HR incident could be considered "fireable for cause", but we relented as long as he kept his mouth shut?  Seems like the possibility he leaked his departure to Bohls would be grounds to reconsider, especially if it were only a "gentleman's agreement" (hey to Aggies) and not yet signed.  Because fuck that guy.

38 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I assume it will start leaking out tomorrow.  

My money is on it will "leak" when either: a) CDC says it's ok to do so, because if there was anybody shitty enough to leak already in the know, they would've done so by now (see, Kurt Bohls), or b) players from a certain school all of a sudden start hitting the portal and/or talking about it after a team meeting. Like with Sark, we'll know before the official announcement. 

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

I'm pretty sure flight tracking is worthless now.  They mask the flight info during coaching searches.

Also don't assume where CDC is going

He flew to Plainview at 5am to meet Beard for McDonalds.  No reason CDC has to go to College Station, they could meet somewhere else to avoid prying eyes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also- I think there might be a couple rumors you hear coming out of college station about Schloss if he moves on. I'm very interested to see what their reaction is and if they say some of this stuff. I'm damn sure not going to be the first guy to go public with it, especially if he ends up at UT- but if it gets out and becomes a thing I will confirm that's what I'm talking about here.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

He was shit canned because he had:

• worst conference winning% by a coach since records existed back to 1911
  • 2nd worst overall win% by a coach at Texas since 1911
  • no national championships
  • lost his first game in all 3 CWS
  • 0-2 in Omaha in 2018, 0-2 in 2022.

image.thumb.png.5d296860e605b9aa4d1ffad4fadee22a.png

i think everyone can generally agree it was time to move on, especially if there is any truth to the Hurley story with folks being ready to turn in uniforms.

looking forward to seeing the next coach hired. wish him the best, but it was time.

Cherry shouldnt even really count. He was just manning the fort for a few years while Bibb was in the Air Force in S.A. doing his part to make sure we took care of the Germans and Japs.

I saw those stats last night and the thing that really get me is that Gus, in over 1,800 games, was only 10 wins shy of having an even .800 winning %.

In a game like baseball, that is mind blowing 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Herman had 4 top 25 finishes in 6 years at UH and Texas. A top 10 finish at both UH and Texas.

Man some of you drastically undervalue how many bad coaches are out there. Bad is Charlie Strong. 

Herman was the modern day Mackovic. A level of success that wasn’t great, and a level of arrogance that was.

Charlie Strong was the worst coach in this program’s history, and Herman getting lumped in with him is odd to say the least. 

24 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Schloss wouldn’t do that. But A&M could do so, and think they would. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

CDC is sitting at a McDonalds in Brenham waiting, while Schloss arrives to CS like "i have an important errand to run..... I'll be back... No, no, just an appointment" 

Shit, CDC just hit up Bellville Meat Market for a brisket sando and some dried sausage, and now he's just waiting on the drive-thru daiquiri place to open. You've still got some time if you're Schloss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach