Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I still think it's Vitello.  

This process has likely been going on since before the CWS, and CDC seems to favor the rising star over the established coaches in the Big 3 sports since he's been at Texas... IE Sark and Beard.  

I'd say the process has been going on for much longer than that. I'd go back to before our own season was over. 

As for favoring the rising star, we gotta remember that it wasn't CDC who chose Sark. Also, with Beard, I mean, who else was there, really?

I'll go Schloss, 'cos he and CDC are legit close, and I imagine they've discussed this job for years. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I still think it's Vitello.  

This process has likely been going on since before the CWS, and CDC seems to favor the rising star over the established coaches in the Big 3 sports since he's been at Texas... IE Sark and Beard.  

You need to learn how to read context clues, brother

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I'd say the process has been going on for much longer than that. I'd go back to before our own season was over. 

As for favoring the rising star, we gotta remember that it wasn't CDC who chose Sark. Also, with Beard, I mean, who else was there, really?

I'll go Schloss, 'cos he and CDC are legit close, and I imagine they've discussed this job for years. 

Can't a brother do a little wish casting without being immediately blasted with facts?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Full Video.. Schloss looking like he wants to get out of dodge ASAP

Am I wong, or did Schloss go straight inside? I can't find him after he gets off the bus.

ETA: 'wong', 'wrong' ... whatever it takes.

Edited by wood

46 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

I heard from a good source, that Schloss is just a smoke screen.  Ron Washington is the choice, and Nelson Cruz is coming on to be the pop fly coach. 

Still too soon.

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Am I wong, or did Schloos go straight inside? I can't find him after he gets off the bus.

He had the "I'm almost done with these fuckin' goobers" look on his face.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Same.  The story of Schloss and CDC walking a 3 mile campus loop every Sunday just to talk about anything and everything non-sports speaks volumes that they genuinely like each other.  I have to think getting paid anywhere is great but I have to think Schloss views the situation at Texas in a more favorable light long term.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Same.  The story of Schloss and CDC walking a 3 mile campus loop every Sunday just to talk about anything and everything non-sports speaks volumes that they genuinely like each other.  I have to think getting paid anywhere is great but I have to think Schloss views the situation at Texas in a more favorable light long term.

You mean the opportunity to work for a guy named trev doesn’t appeal to him?

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Zwinnerman isn't all but admitting he's gone (seems like he is), but the very fact that no one on the aTm side has reported anything or admitted there was even a possibility, to now having an insider say he has a meeting with College Station brass should be a pretty, prettaaaaay jarring realization for Aggies. Someone wake up @Longhornfrenzy becuase the melt that is about to happen is going to be epic, and Liucci is gonna be deleting threads the way Ketchum deletes entire grocery aisles. 

IMG_0431.thumb.jpeg.3b6373f9aebd0b8dab97250d920ed7c6.jpegIMG_0432.thumb.jpeg.caf2beb49e819d68a4e6c35083d5385c.jpegIMG_0433.thumb.png.5a9d7ad6f88b1d6984f33eb741358ee3.pngIMG_0434.thumb.png.33da64d6afb58566c24ccb568f9280b8.pngIMG_0435.thumb.jpeg.d4a70dfb77d30c1795dc44c45771cdb9.jpegIMG_0436.thumb.png.d343700e41d24d533328faedf3a667a7.pngIMG_0437.thumb.png.183064db7c6302c96a673a87b0ae1417.pngIMG_0438.thumb.png.13e9870474bb2f509a684b18393e52de.pngIMG_0439.thumb.jpeg.34ad0fc6b0359f3d2049caff06354487.jpegIMG_0440.thumb.jpeg.59c6fa89c5a0a9addcdfa46559b2cc47.jpegIMG_0441.thumb.jpeg.9c932a91c44fd241a3185bdb9308c348.jpegIMG_0442.thumb.jpeg.92daaaf04e909989659338231b4bb330.jpegIMG_0443.thumb.jpeg.04388c00ab18e4f637bc76779b845002.jpegIMG_0444.thumb.jpeg.c15496bcd4555613521f7be94031d9f0.jpegIMG_0445.thumb.jpeg.e5e61577dee9e5912997876d4e26da70.jpegIMG_0446.thumb.jpeg.32c80f3db5bb79bac35fbae24c68635c.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

natty or bust!

Unless he can bring over about 7-9 of their best players (5-6 being pitchers), then it’s going to take a couple years to get to that level. Hopefully he can still scrape up a couple portal guys before the big window closes. Our returning pitching staff has maybe 3 SEC arms…maybe. 

Just now, EZ$ said:

Unless he can bring over about 7-9 of their best players (5-6 being pitchers), then it’s going to take a couple years to get to that level. Hopefully he can still scrape up a couple portal guys before the big window closes. Our returning pitching staff has maybe 3 SEC arms…maybe. 

With proper NIL backing and transfers it should take 2-3

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

If he thinks moving 100 miles away is gonna save him from being around aggy goobers, I have some bad news for him.

True, but he'll be able to easily afford a nice place in Tarrytown and won't have to deal with many of those clowns regularly. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Should we create the thread of aggie screenshots for the baseball forum meltdown in here? That way it's not lost in the 995 thread or this thread down the road. It will be glorious and deserves it's own!

Keep in the 995 thread man. 

20 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

What does "GOOD" mean?

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/35848-2024-college-world-series/?do=findComment&comment=6253858

16 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

the aggies adopting the jocko willink “good” mantra is so, so aggy it’s hilarious. listen, as a principle jocko’s “good” mantra is something that i think is a good/healthy mindset to have. when things go wrong you don’t act like a sorry sad sack, you find a reason to turn it into something legitimately good. i’m all for that, 100%.

that said the entire premise of the “good” mantra is “ok so shit just went really bad; what do we do now?”. for their program to adopt that as their entire mantra, replete with custom “good” gear on all of their fans is just too fucking funny and appropriate, especially considering that the HC who just implemented said mantra is about to be coaching the team that is the ire of every aggie everywhere. i am very much looking forward to seeing how the aggies apply their mantra to what’s about to happen: “we hired our dream coach three years ago, he just had us at no.1 all season, he just led us to the cws final series, annnnnnd now he’s just left us for tu. that’s good. this is good. this is definitely good. everything is good. everything is fine…”

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91ysmr07w46l58gzz0a1

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

True, but he'll be able to easily afford a nice place in Tarrytown and won't have to deal with many of those clowns regularly. 

Keep in the 995 thread man. 

That thread gets a ton of post a day. I think having a "Get Schlossed" melt down thread in the baseball forum would be better

Edited by BurntOrange&White

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach