Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

So, all of this is objectively awesome for Texas and Jim S. was my #1 choice and it is nice to poach him from aggy without having to absolutely money whip him.

But let's not act like this deal could have been done had CDC and JS not absolutely loved working with each other. Any othe AD and this deal is iffy. It would not surprise me at all if this deal had not been in the works for years. JS has long stated that Texas was his dream job.

Towards the end of the season, I figured this might be a done deal if Pierce was canned. I also figured that JS might be a viable candidate for other top shelf blue blood coaching jobs should they open up.

In fact, Im pretty sure CDC and JS had a wink wink agreement that once JS proved himself at a legit school in a legit conference that we would take him.

We are making much  out of drinking aggy's milkshake, but they made the right hire and took a risk, knowing CDC and JS's relationship and it brought them to heights unseen im their baseball history, but again it was always a risk that they were perfectly aware of.

As much as I would.like to be all puffy chested about this, I can't.  This turn of events was all CDC and aggy reaching for the stars. They almost made it, and it would have been worth it for them had they closed the deal, but they didn't.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

So, all of this is objectively awesome for Texas and Jim S. was my #1 choice and it is nice to poach him from aggy without having to absolutely money whip him.

But let's not act like this deal could have been done had CDC and JS not absolutely loved working with each other. Any othe AD and this deal is iffy. It would not surprise me at all if this deal had not been in the works for years. JS has long stated that Texas was his dream job.

Towards the end of the season, I figured this might be a done deal if Pierce was canned. I also figured that JS might be a viable candidate for other top shelf blue blood coaching jobs should they open up.

In fact, Im pretty sure CDC and JS had a wink wink agreement that once JS proved himself at a legit school in a legit conference that we would take him.

We are making much  out of drinking aggy's milkshake, but they made the right hire and took a risk, knowing CDC and JS's relationship and it brought them to heights unseen im their baseball history, but again it was always a risk that they were perfectly aware of.

As much as I would.like to be all puffy chested about this, I can't.  This turn of events was all CDC and aggy reaching for the stars. They almost made it, and it would have been worth it for them had they closed the deal, but they didn't.

csb

I want to get into the nuts and bolts of the program moves forward under the new regime.  No need to beat a dead horse in David or pontificate on other "what-if" managers.  

If you want to talk nuts, then all we’re gonna talk about is CDC.

7ed8b3083e061bf86ed40bda4530535d.jpg

If you wanna talk bolts…I can’t help ya. Jim over at Amalgamated Fasteners probably can, he was all over this stuff at last year’s Fastenerpalooza Conference in Wichita.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Far be it from me to interrupt the nuts dragging narrative with actual facts and measured response.  Carry on you magnificent bastards.

Dude my “bff” couldn’t remove me from a. Situation unless I was unhappy. Bottom line is aggy isn’t a destination job and they’re weird as shit.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

But they didnt seal the deal and now it is aggy pain and misery

giphy.webp

• Drool 1

8 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

So, the exact same guy they pulled from tcu.

Exactly. These are the same chuckle fucks that deify Johnny Manziel and Jackie Sherrill.

The aggy has no honor, no code and no morals. They have the emotional development of toddlers. It's why they will always be losers.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

uh, this was discussed as soon as CDC took the job. but where do I send my 9.95?

100% I think. Also curious about how much trev Albert’s played. It seems like he wanted out of there no matter what

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach