Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

So, all of this is objectively awesome for Texas and Jim S. was my #1 choice and it is nice to poach him from aggy without having to absolutely money whip him.

But let's not act like this deal could have been done had CDC and JS not absolutely loved working with each other. Any othe AD and this deal is iffy. It would not surprise me at all if this deal had not been in the works for years. JS has long stated that Texas was his dream job.

Towards the end of the season, I figured this might be a done deal if Pierce was canned. I also figured that JS might be a viable candidate for other top shelf blue blood coaching jobs should they open up.

In fact, Im pretty sure CDC and JS had a wink wink agreement that once JS proved himself at a legit school in a legit conference that we would take him.

We are making much  out of drinking aggy's milkshake, but they made the right hire and took a risk, knowing CDC and JS's relationship and it brought them to heights unseen im their baseball history, but again it was always a risk that they were perfectly aware of.

As much as I would.like to be all puffy chested about this, I can't.  This turn of events was all CDC and aggy reaching for the stars. They almost made it, and it would have been worth it for them had they closed the deal, but they didn't.

You lost me at Aggy and "aware" in the same sentence. They ain't aware of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I hope CDC figures out some way to feed Bohls some false shit that he'd be too gullible not to break.  I anticipate a Texas Hate tell all coming out by Bohls.   That's what he'll use to retire on since the 12th men will all swallow that shit hook line and sinker

Lions dont worry themselves with the opinions of sheep. Bohls isnt worth the ink they waste printing his shitty articles. He voted for Bush and Tebow. He is dead to me. Please never mention that pissant losers name again.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Was just told by somebody who would likely have good sources that Schloss and Trev were at odds since Trev fired one of Schloss’s assistants due to budget cutbacks to pay Jimbo’s guaranteed money. aggy tried to extend Schloss before the finale series vs Tenn and he told them to pound sand.

I want to believe because I hate Trev Alberts and want to fantasize that the Jimbo fuckup also just cost them their best baseball coach in school history.

Wait a fricken minute here.    Budget cutbacks?   Those bozos were bragging  and ESPN kept reminding us aggy was going to spend millions on upgrades to Ice Cream park.   My neighbor who is an aggy Booster assured me they could outspend Texas  to keep Schloss.      Wtf am I missing here? 

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Wait a fricken minute here.    Budget cutbacks?   Those bozos were bragging  and ESPN kept reminding us aggy was going to spend millions on upgrades to Ice Cream park.   My neighbor who is an aggy Booster assured me they could outspend Texas  to keep Schloss.      Wtf am I missing here? 

spacer.png

-Trev (probably) 

• Haha 1

So Bowels leaves the Statesman and then starts breaking stories for the first time in 5 decades?! Go figure.

Maybe a college baseball coach reaching out to Brauny isn’t so crazy. He does have influence on tens of thousands of aggy donors.  

Looch always does this when something truly sad happens to aggy. They fought a good fight Twitter post, and then he throws his phone and laptop into Lake Bryan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

If you are A&M I don’t understand how you can keep Trev Alberts. They are going to open the vault for the next hire and let the AD who just ran off one of the best managers in college baseball lead that search? 

these guys are all so hilarious.  coaching hot board,  expect some big names, rubes really pay money for this?

yes aggy will have some name coaches looking to get into the SEC so they can jump to LSU, Florida, Vandy, MSU when they open up.

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

It’s amazing over there…. 😂

IMG_6625.png

IMG_6623.png

This is absolutely perfect for A&M. 

Aggys have never been about championships.  What they are about is hard luck stories, and it's us together against the world, and nobody understands us.  They all fancy themselves as a collective Alamo.   They should be thanking us for giving them something to carry on with.

If they had an ounce of self-awareness and honesty, they should be on their knees thanking us.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, F250 said:

Oh God, if the Jimbo debacle led to this situation I might need to call a doctor for priaprism.

Of course it did.  They're broke.  It's not just the $75 million lit on fire.  What do you think the constant media attention to that buyout does for aggy donor enthusiasm?

Plus there was their bizarre declaration that they didn't need to go to donors for the buyout; they could cover it with A.D. funds.  What does that message do to help fundraising?

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

these guys are all so hilarious.  coaching hot board,  expect some big names, rubes really pay money for this?

yes aggy will have some name coaches looking to get into the SEC so they can jump to LSU, Florida, Vandy, MSU when they open up.

Cliff Godwin from East Carolina seems a pretty good fit. So I hope they don't hire him. 

7 hours ago, MrBig said:

Schloss article about the team 13 days ago:

But Schlossnagle isn't afraid to try to jolt the Aggies into a new era, either. Take, for instance, his decision to invite the championship-caliber Aggie Dance Team to perform at baseball games since the all-male Yell Leaders roam the sidelines at Kyle Field.

"They don't get to dance at football games, which I think is idiotic," Schlossnagle said. "That's just old Aggie thinking. ... The first year, with some people you would have thought I changed the school colors to burnt orange. The repercussions were the craziest thing I've ever experienced."

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/40239132/texas-baseball-national-powerhouse-grand-expensive-vision

Don't worry Jim.  At Texas we like dancing women.   Hell, we even have women romancing each other.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach