Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

9 minutes ago, petscii said:

I think this is the last time I'm going to post on this.  I also think I am going to take a break until schedules start dropping.  He's been a shitbag everywhere he's coached.  What he did to the reporter (and a&m) is in character for him. I guess he won't ever do it again now that he's with "us".  Hopefully he can deliver on the expectations you all seems to have for him.  If not I see this getting really ugly.

A lot of coaches are shitbags.  My personal litmus test is always to look at what his assistants do.

I think the fact that his entire staff followed him, even fast risers who have only worked with him for a year, speaks volumes as to whether or not his shitbagginess will be problematic.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, petscii said:

I think this is the last time I'm going to post on this.  I also think I am going to take a break until schedules start dropping.  He's been a shitbag everywhere he's coached.  What he did to the reporter (and a&m) is in character for him. I guess he won't ever do it again now that he's with "us".  Hopefully he can deliver on the expectations you all seems to have for him.  If not I see this getting really ugly.

season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

A lot of coaches are shitbags.  My personal litmus test is always to look at what his assistants do.

I think the fact that his entire staff followed him speaks volumes as to whether or not his shitbagginess will be problematic.

All of David Pierces coaches followed him from Tulane....

14 minutes ago, petscii said:

There aren't many times where it's a good question to ask, but less than an hour off of a season ending loss -this one having been for the whole gotdamn thing- is for FUCKING sure not the time to ask that question. It's a gotcha question. No answer he gives outside of, "Yah. I'm leaving. I'm sorry," is going to be good enough, and it'll all be used against him one way or the other. I have no problem with journos having that lazy question shoved right back in their dumb faces.

As for him being a shitbag, that's fine with me. Saban? A shitbag. Hoodie? Shitbag. Pop? He's been a shitbag, too. Shitbags tend to get things done sometimes. Sometimes they don't. I'm not sending my kids to their houses for the summer. Win a CWS, you shitbag! 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I can’t fault him for snapping at that reporter. You just lost a 1 run game for the title after being up 1-0 in the series and it’s been all of 5 minutes. Bohls would have absolutely done that same shit too

#1: it's a highly emotional time to be asking the question. You can't be surprised when the reaction you get is hostile. We have a history of that being the case.

#2: Coaches already don't want to talk to you, and REALLY have a deep disrespect for those types of questions being asked just on principle.

So now, not only is the coach emotional and hyped up and upset about the game, now he's pissed because your dumb ass asked that lazy-assed question, all so you can walk around and get pats on the back by your media pals for asking the hard question, and being a good journalist and blah blah blah. 

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Didn't Schloss deny leaving TCU for A&M exactly the same way? 

Yes he did.   He also did a big thing snubbing us when Augie was ice-floed, mr purple pen (which is actually what I am maddest about) we should have already won a few national championships with him already.

19 minutes ago, petscii said:

Just win baby and it’ll all work out. He’ll be our asshole. We’re the Tony Montana of college athletics already. The world needs a bad guy. UT baseball is coming and hell is following 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, petscii said:

I care how he treats the players, not the reporters.

And what did he do to A&M that doesn't happen dozens of times every year across the country? Switching jobs at the end of the season is how it is normally done. What was the nice way to do this? Walk off the job the second he decided to leave?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, petscii said:

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

And what did he do to A&M that doesn't happen dozens of times every year across the country? Switching jobs at the end of the season is how it is normally done. What was the nice way to do this? Walk off the job the second he decided to leave?

It's easier to leave some places than others. There is no clean exit from A&M as a desirable coach, because they are such whining, petty babies who will use ANY excuse to throw a fit.

Of the Aggies I have talked with in real life today, 2 had a good sense of humor about it and 2 are talking about "legal action". These are not, generally, stupid men. These are successful men who are competent at their jobs, good family men, and not complete mouth-breathing rubes in most aspects of their lives. When it comes to Aggieness, they're fucking morons. It's like this switch in their heads flips and they turn into drooling idiots.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I can’t fault him for snapping at that reporter. You just lost a 1 run game for the title after being up 1-0 in the series and it’s been all of 5 minutes. Bohls would have absolutely done that same shit too

Absolutely.  It was the 800lb gorilla in the room. Had to be asked.

As I stated in a previous post, it was my belief that this deal was in the works for possibly years and would be pursued if the circumstances broke in the right way.

Now if I can believe that, right or wrong, then aggy admin was certainly aware of it and took a calculated risk that just didn't work out for them, but was nevertheless the right call for them based on my loose evaluation of the odds.  Still aggy picked the one coach in all the world that had the highest likelihood of being poached by Texas however small that likelihood was.

Additionally, a bunch of circumstances had to break the right way too: Aggy not winning it all, other top notch coaches availability, Texas' own performance, aggy admin relationship with JS, timing of aggy and UT facilities projects, the Jimbo factor, NIL, and CDC/JS relationship.

Who knows, in the end, it may have aggy's own goofiness in the AD and school cult that ultimately sealed the deal.

• Like 3

I must say that coaches getting asked about job rumors is always a fascinating thing to watch. It's a no-win situation but there are different approaches to take. 

Getting angry at the reporter isn't a good look for sure. However, I wonder if there is a little more context to the situation: The reporter was apparently from TexAgs and maybe Schloss knew that the reporter knew he was leaving. In which case, yeah he's pissed that the reporter pushed it out in the open at a time when the players and fans are already hurting. 

But more likely, that's an orange-colored glasses view and he's just an asshole like most college sports coaches.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) If people are ever looking for some sort of moral inspiration or sense of congenial camaraderie with head coaches of college or professional sports, that's their fucking problem. Getting tied to a highly paid employee, expected to win at the highest of levels, in an emotional way is fan idiocy at its finest. Win or get the fuck out. 

For real. This Schloss move is just example 3,452 of how college sports coaches are sociopaths. Obviously you don't want someone doing real criminal shit but no one should expect any of these guys to be bastions of morality.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It's easier to leave some places than others. There is no clean exit from A&M as a desirable coach, because they are such whining, petty babies who will use ANY excuse to throw a fit.

Of the Aggies I have talked with in real life today, 2 had a good sense of humor about it and 2 are talking about "legal action". These are not, generally, stupid men. These are successful men who are competent at their jobs, good family men, and not complete mouth-breathing rubes in most aspects of their lives. When it comes to Aggieness, they're fucking morons. It's like this switch in their heads flips and they turn into drooling idiots.

I have a lot of aggy acquaintances like this. Normal, intelligent people. The second you bring up the aggies their brains switch off and the cult programming takes over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I have a lot of aggy acquaintances like this. Normal, intelligent people. The second you bring up the aggies their brains switch off and the cult programming takes over. 

A&M seems like a parody school. The you see other schools doing it too, but they all laugh and point at aggy for being regarded. 

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

You have a wife and a girlfriend?? Better not let them find out about each other. 

It's her sister.  (or do I go for the bi-polar joke?)

Edited by petscii
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Goddamn, I woke up hungover from too much aggy misery only to find the party is still going. I'm going to need detox after this. 

Seriously, I got back home yesterday at about noon and got on surly.  About an hour later the hiring was announced, spent the rest of the afternoon reading texags and SECRant and surly, and then noticed I was hungry as hell, and holy shit, it's 7:30pm.  Ordered pizza, smoked some, got back online and didn't log off until midnight.  

But it was an awesome day!

• Hook 'Em 5

12 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Apparently Schloss belongs in jail for this move

image.thumb.png.f0575583244805990c542eeefc63f2f6.png

Taking another job after the season ends is "at least equal if not worse" than throwing the World Series to make money? I don't know why I'm constantly amazed by how fucking stupid they are, but this is an exceptionally hot take. 

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Imagine being used to this at TCU.

katarina.webp

Then arriving at aggy.

"Hey coach, this is Jaxxon he is your designated snuff boy."

QO_wT-.gif

It may be even worse than that. I saw the fat guys in the stands leading their cheers at the CWS. I assume they're former aggy cheerleaders.

They're the only thing more tragic than current aggy cheerleaders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

38 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Didn't Schloss deny leaving TCU for A&M exactly the same way? 

of course....but it was fun to them then. They are a bunch of cult nut hypocrites...that's why this is so funny. Didn't they also just steal a coach from Mizzou? an in-conference brother?

Edited by Beltonhorn25

1. He just lost the national championship to another program in-conference team that is led by a guy he mentored and has one of his former players and student assistants as the hitting coach.

2. He got asked a no-win question by a “reporter” from a fan site that is looking to sell more $9.95 subscriptions and owned by a complete buffoon.

In this particular case, I’ll give Schloss a pass. I can’t imagine being forced to sit at a table being peppered with questions after the emotional toll of losing a championship series.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, petscii said:

Fuck outta here with that. It was a stupid question that the reporter knew would not and could not be answered in an acceptable way. It was to draw attention upon himself and whatever outlet he worked for, nothing else. It was bullshit, he knew it, and Schloss answered with the dignity and respect due to such a hack. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach