Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

1 hour ago, EyeSlapMidgets said:

Admittedly I am completely out of the loop when it comes to baseball. But have any insiders left hints on who they think we are getting? I see a lot of speculation that we are stealing Schloss or the Tennessee guy but haven’t seen any insiders hint at anyone we are after.

No one knows anything. Kendall Rogers is running his mouth and some posters on various boards, but that's it. Hell, Pierce is still the HC as of now.

45 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Yeah. but...

The FSU guy, not leaving home. FLA and UK guys not impressing much. Leaves Schloss and Vitello. If it isn't one of them, it's hard to see where CDC is looking... not that it's impossible, but... yeah.

Get a fucking grip. O'Sullivan has won a title and been to the CWS like 9 of the last 14 years. If that doesn't impress, you cannot be impressed. 

39 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I get football pays the bills and most of these guys could not care less about getting baseball info but they just need to stop commenting when they know nothing. 

Bobby is part of the wise outside counsel that CDC seeks on a regular basis. The idea that he "knows nothing" is fucking absurd. He's the closest thing this board and longhorn baseball fans have to knowing anything right now. Even the other regular guys who often seem to know stuff are compromised because their sources would be completely excluded from the process as those sources are mostly guys with kids on the team or friends with the coaching staff. 

• Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah if we’re hiring a coach who isn’t in the CWS we would’ve announced it already. I’d assume 

1 minute ago, ConferenceRoom said:

The only way it makes sense is if we’re keeping Pierce. 

If the hire isn’t at the CWS, we are and have been wasting time with hosting portal recruits and locking up the HS class by the new coach. If we are waiting for the CWS to end just to get interest by Schloss/Vitello, we are already well behind the eight ball  

If we are keeping him (gag, we just ain’t), it’s mismanagement that we haven’t announced it and his extension so he can portal recruit without him being in the weird 2 years left on the contract limbo 

• Hook 'Em 2

only five teams remain, and if we go another day or two, I have a hard time believing in the day and age of NIL that our next coach has ended his season. so that leaves, Vit, Schloss, Sully, Mingione or Jarrett. I don't think it's Jarrett at all. So Vit, Schloss, Sully, or Mingione.
I think CDC knows what he has in Texas baseball and provided he's going to commit the resources, which he will, I'm betting we land Vit or Schloss.

I still have a hard time believing we could hire a CWS winning coach.

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

We aren’t actually looking at the Kentucky coach right? Season on the line today and they’re completely playing like shit.

you need to be quite and retract, of course we are looking at Kentucky's coach, right Helobious? it's Vit that we have not shot at, right? RIGHT?

Posted (edited)

it makes zero sense to wait until after CWS if you have your guy. Maybe wait until the CWS finals so it's on the ESPN ticker and talked about during the finals but missing the PR opportunity, missing portal activity, and all of that while you just wait to announce is silly. I bet CDC has a back up in mind if not ready, but there is no way he's sitting on his hands doing nothing with the deal done. He's waiting to talk to one of those three - Vit, Sully, Schloss.  And my assumption is that at least one has expressed interest through their agent but said I have to finish this season before we talk, I have to finish this season before we finalize/sign, or I have to finish the season before we go public. something to that effect. 

every other scenario makes no sense.

now I doubt it's Schloss but the implosion in Aggyland would be undeniably amazing.  and the talk of dynasty etc. is horseshit, anyone that's good enough will be in the hunt year two at the worst with the Texas brand. that's what the portal does to the sport, there is no rebuilding anymore and dynasty is about you and the program either makes it easier or harder. I think A&M is always vulnerable to a Texas program run well. So Schloss has had it easy the last three years, the next 10 if Texas does the right thing? I'm not saying A&M will be trash, but Texas' ceiling is always higher than A&M's. Schloss isn't an aggy, he knows this.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

you need to be quite and retract, of course we are looking at Kentucky's coach, right Helobious? it's Vit that we have not shot at, right? RIGHT?

Yeah, Vitello would be a terrible hire and schloss would never leave aggy, right @Helobious?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Get a fucking grip. O'Sullivan has won a title and been to the CWS like 9 of the last 14 years. If that doesn't impress, you cannot be impressed. 

O'Sullivan would be a very solid hire. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Yeah. but...

The FSU guy, not leaving home. FLA and UK guys not impressing much. Leaves Schloss and Vitello. If it isn't one of them, it's hard to see where CDC is looking... not that it's impossible, but... yeah.

IMG_3596.gif.7a55253f7122c08710c7b0e69038a7f1.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, troph said:

Schloss isn't an aggy, he knows this.

His first or second year he was talking about how terrible the fans were - yelling at their own team, etc.

Then the fan "issue" at the Florida game last weekend.

He wanted the job when we hired Pierce, but couldn't take it due to divorce issues.

If we offer, he'll take the job.  And the aggy tears would be glorious.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, troph said:

it makes zero sense to wait until after CWS if you have your guy. Maybe wait until the CWS finals so it's on the ESPN ticker and talked about during the finals but missing the PR opportunity, missing portal activity, and all of that while you just wait to announce is silly. I bet CDC has a back up in mind if not ready, but there is no way he's sitting on his hands doing nothing with the deal done. He's waiting to talk to one of those three - Vit, Sully, Schloss.  And my assumption is that at least one has expressed interest through their agent but said I have to finish this season before we talk, I have to finish this season before we finalize/sign, or I have to finish the season before we go public. something to that effect. 

every other scenario makes no sense.

now I doubt it's Schloss but the implosion in Aggyland would be undeniably amazing.  and the talk of dynasty etc. is horseshit, anyone that's good enough will be in the hunt year two at the worst with the Texas brand. that's what the portal does to the sport, there is no rebuilding anymore and dynasty is about you and the program either makes it easier or harder. I think A&M is always vulnerable to a Texas program run well. So Schloss has had it easy the last three years, the next 10 if Texas does the right thing? I'm not saying A&M will be trash, but Texas' ceiling is always higher than A&M's. Schloss isn't an aggy, he knows this.

The right hire with a good NIL budget could have us back in Omaha next year. Look at last year's LSU team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

I would hope at this point he has a better indication than that or else what has been going on the last 3 weeks? If we are just twiddling our thumbs waiting for the opportunity to finally talk to Schlossnagle after his season ends, this hasn’t been a very well run process.

Also, no respectable candidate would allow this process to drag on two weeks after he tentatively accepted so the AD could check with other candidates to see if they may want the job.

In theory, we can just steal the portal work the future coach has been doing for their current school. 

At this point it’s worth waiting a week longer to make Schloss day no and then hire Wes Johnson and bring over his elite portal class 

Posted (edited)

Not a fan of O’Sullivan 9 CWS trips with just 1 title to show for it. IIRC he only even finished runner up twice as well and got bounced by Kent State that one year. He’s Pierce 2.0 with horrible judgement off the field added in. 

Edited by Helobious
  • Haha 2

Just now, Helobious said:

Not a fan of O’Sullivan 9 CWS trips with just 1 title to show for it. IIRC he only even finished runner up twice as well and got bounced by Kent State that one year. He’s Pierce 2.0 with horrible judgement off the field added in. 

Yet you have advocated for keeping Pierce who has nothing to show for his CWS trips. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, landman said:

His first or second year he was talking about how terrible the fans were - yelling at their own team, etc.

Thankfully we only have good fans at Texas who praise and uplift players and coaches at all times

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Texas has only been CWS runner up like 5-6 times EVER. 

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

IMG_3596.gif.7a55253f7122c08710c7b0e69038a7f1.gif

He's done a good job, even a great job, for a fact. The call challenges have been dumber than shit, but that hasn't affected the outcomes much, if at all. The momfucking is a Bad Thing, probably - to me - the Worst Thing. I dunno, it's maybe not rational, but I just don't like the guy. 

Would he do well, at Texas? He sure might, but I'd like to think if his dick didn't stay in his pants he'd be the one on the wrong end of the gun. 

Don't want.

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Oh for fuck's sake.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Helobious said:

We aren’t actually looking at the Kentucky coach right? Season on the line today and they’re completely playing like shit.

Yes, because you absolutely judge a baseball coach on the result of a single game.

🙄

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I'd be less excited about that.... then again, he's done this at Kentucky. 

This. 2 supers and a CWS appearance for a program that, before him, only 6 regional appearances and never advanced past that 

• Hook 'Em 2

Unpopular opinion, but any of these coaches in this CWS would be an upgrade imo. the biggest thing imo, is all these teams seem to have excellent coaching staffs in place. 

excpet the FL coach, that banging a mom story is hurdle too high imo

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Unpopular opinion, but any of these coaches in this CWS would be an upgrade imo. the biggest thing imo, is all these teams seem to have excellent coaching staffs in place. 

excpet the FL coach, that banging a mom story is hurdle too high imo

For Texas, I agree.
A change of scenery to somewhere is something it seems like he’d welcome about now though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wishbone said:

For Texas, I agree.
A change of scenery to somewhere is something it seems like he’d welcome about now though.

Change of scenery is on the list for Schloss, too. It could happen.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

That Kentucky coach has done a pretty damn good job with that program. SEC baseball is a meat grinder. The next hc has to have SEC coaching experience (head or assistant) 

and please hire a coach under 50

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I have to admit, that is an extremely creative way to shit on a stat of reaching Omaha the last nine straight times you were in a super regional.  

Sort of like banging nine supermodels in a row, but not getting any of them to marry you. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I have to admit, that is an extremely creative way to shit on a stat of reaching Omaha the last nine straight times you were in a super regional.  

Sort of like banging nine supermodels in a row, but not getting any of them to marry you. 

Yeah, talking about banging anyone in this context is uhhhhh maybe not a good choice?

2 hours ago, wood said:

I know about the 2 dipshits getting tossed and banned from Omaha, but what was the other one? I was in Koh Samui, purposely avoiding news.

Jack talk Thai! Jack talk Thai real good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Distinguished Dynasty Demands New Head Baseball Coach
  • immamac changed the title to Dynasty Building: Who will it be Schloss, Vitello, O'Sullivan?
  • immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach