Dynasty Building: Who will it be Schloss, Vitello, O'Sullivan?

• immamac changed the title to Dynasty Building: Who will it be Schloss, Vitello, O'Sullivan?
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

The right hire with a good NIL budget could have us back in Omaha next year. Look at last year's LSU team. 

Eh, there isn’t a Tommy White or Paul Skenes in the portal right now.

The portal won’t be completely empty when the hire is made but there are some really good players who have already come off the board.

I’ll withhold my opinion on what will be a successful season until the full roster comes together, but this team has a good number of holes right now.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The portal won’t be completely empty when the hire is made but there are some really good players who have already come off the board.

I’ll withhold my opinion on what will be a successful season until the full roster comes together, but this team has a good number of holes right now.

that's why I figured year two.

28 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

For laughs, give me Schloss and Max Wiener. Let Schloss shit all over aggy fans on his way out of Collie Station.

We’d be reading about a career ending bubble machine accident if that were to happen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Schloss has for the most part looked completely uncomfortable at A&M.  It would not shock me in the least if he wanted to get the hell out of there.

who doesn’t want to leave college station ???

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I sense there are people who can't stand Vitello but I'm not sure exactly why.  The arky stink has washed off by now.  He lost his mind a bit against us a few years ago at the CWS.  To me he seems like a competitor, players seem to love him and recruits are heading his way.

I'd love it, but I'll bet he just leverages for a raise in Knox.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, troph said:

I'd prefer Vit to be honest. younger, has the chance for a 20 year run. he'd be good for 3 titles in 20 years I'd imagine. Schloss is an old dude.

No joke, he's 53.  Surprised no one has taken him out to the pasture to shoot him.  😉

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

I'd prefer Vit to be honest. younger, has the chance for a 20 year run. he'd be good for 3 titles in 20 years I'd imagine. Schloss is an old dude.

Schloss is 53 and Vit is 45, age not a real factor between them. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, cochamps said:

No joke, he's 53.  Surprised no one has taken him out to the pasture to shoot him.  😉

8 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Schloss is 53 and Vit is 45, age not a real factor between them. 

I made assumptions based on appearance then. somebody protects his skin from UV light and uses moisturizer when he gets out of the shower. just saying one of them looks young the other looks like my fucking grandpa (well not really he's dead).

but 8 years isn't nothing, it's close to half of a 20 year tenure.

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, orange dream said:

I sense there are people who can't stand Vitello but I'm not sure exactly why.  The arky stink has washed off by now.  He lost his mind a bit against us a few years ago at the CWS.  To me he seems like a competitor, players seem to love him and recruits are heading his way.

I'd love it, but I'll bet he just leverages for a raise in Knox.

I did some poking around, he's animated, loud, passionate and his kids play the same way. we are going to have to get used a different personality if he's the guy, but in terms of bad acts, the Arky thing is DHV, he's a little bitch. Vit's been tossed a few times, so what? he's had some minor trouble with the university, Augie did too, frankly so did Gus, so what? there really is nothing there other than he and his team are animated, loud and passionate. I'd have zero issue with him as our coach as soon as he shaves his face.

5 minutes ago, troph said:

I did some poking around, he's animated, loud, passionate and his kids play the same way. we are going to have to get used a different personality if he's the guy, but in terms of bad acts, the Arky thing is DHV, he's a little bitch. Vit's been tossed a few times, so what? he's had some minor trouble with the university, Augie did too, frankly so did Gus, so what? there really is nothing there other than he and his team are animated, loud and passionate. I'd have zero issue with him as our coach as soon as he shaves his face.

I can tell you that recruits love him. My nephew would have committed to them if it was a bit closer and easier for his family to come I games. It came down to Vitello and his coaching staff and UT. Picked the good guys but it wasn't because of the coaching staff from what I could read.  I did hear really good things about how the Tenn staff recruited and sold the program.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, troph said:

Knowing his reputation, one of lil’ Nigel’s summer teammates was being recruited by Tenn. among others.  I am used to seeing plenty of coaches at the big tournaments, but I looked over to see a coach in Vol gear.  When I realized that it was Vitello, everything became clear, the issues with his teams, chirping, chippy, smack talking, getting tossed from games, it all became clear.  He is short, like Lord Farquad, short.   It made perfect sense.

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nigel Tufnel said:

Knowing his reputation, one of lil’ Nigel’s summer teammates was being recruited by Tenn. among others.  I am used to seeing plenty of coaches at the big tournaments, but I looked over to see a coach in Vol gear.  When I realized that it was Vitello, everything became clear, the issues with his teams, chirping, chippy, smack talking, getting tossed from games, it all became clear.  He is short, like David Pearce, short.   It made perfect sense.

FIFY

Edited by HOOKEM4
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

When you say holes on the roster……I’m thinking of a fkin pitching staff that doesn’t destroy my liver please 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

When you say holes on the roster……I’m thinking of a fkin pitching staff that doesn’t destroy my liver please 

That and Omaha worthy teams don’t trot out Dee Kennedy and Porter Brown types in their lineup. Who is returning on this roster that would start at a Tennessee or A&M? Belyeu is one. Maybe Gasparino or Schuessler depending on the options available and that is it.

20 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That and Omaha worthy teams don’t trot out Dee Kennedy and Porter Brown types in their lineup. Who is returning on this roster that would start at a Tennessee or A&M? Belyeu is one. Maybe Gasparino or Schuessler depending on the options available and that is it.

I feel like if this team had some arms they could count on, we would have had just enough offense to be a contender. Winning 1-0 is still winning. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

I feel like if this team had some arms they could count on, we would have had just enough offense to be a contender. Winning 1-0 is still winning. 

That just isn’t a realistic path to winning a title in today’s game. You have to be able to swing it well. College baseball today is offense centric. The Texas offense this year was way too inconsistent against arms they shouldn’t have been inconsistent against.

All phases need to get better.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

That just isn’t a realistic path to winning a title in today’s game. You have to be able to swing it well. College baseball today is offense centric. The Texas offense this year was way too inconsistent against arms they shouldn’t have been inconsistent against.

All phases need to get better.

You’re 100 percent right.  I’m stuck in pitching and defense territory. As soon as I typed it, it felt wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This is correct. Situational pitching is huge but like others have said the sub 2.0 era in augie’s tenure is now a sub 3.5 era prolly. You’ve got to score an average I’m guessing of 6 runs ?? to be at the top. If it’s higher I would not be that surprised. The days of winning 2-1 are a bygone era. It could come back - especially if NIL develops further wrt dominant pitchers - but not right now. 

Edited by troph

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The aggies are winning primarily with pitching and defense, with a big dose of plate discipline.   Their hitting is nothing special.  It's the formula Texas used to win with.

Their plate discipline is elite. Lead the country in walks and pitches per plate appearance. You will rarely ever see them unnecessarily chasing.

• Drool 1

37 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Come on.

Kentucky had 3 dudes today that finished the season with sub .240 batting averages that started today.  One of those was in the 3 hole early in the series.  Anywhere from 3 to 6 homers.  Porter Brown had a better slugging percentage than all 3, better OBP than one of them.

NCState. Their 7th and 8th hitters in terms of ABs.  One hit .238 with 10 XBHs.  5 fewer ABs than Brown.  The other hit .224 with a lower slugging percentage.

UF can’t hit for shit.  Power yes. Their average is .272 with Jac at about .420.  Their 8th guy in terms of ABs bats .230 with a slugging% 50 points lower than Browns and a damn near equivalent OBP.

Just off the top of my head from last year, the Wake SS batted sub.230  and not sure he had double digit XBHs.  Ty Evans possibly UFs best post season hitter last year finished at .239 with a .302 OBP.  After going 9-22 with 5 of 9 Homers in the postseason.

Pretty sure every year teams trot out crappy hitters in the CWS.

As to your question, there could be several options.  If you believe the A&M staff is clearly better, then you have to believe they could get more out of several guys.  Galvan, Kennedy, Borba, Gasparino.  Not even mentioning the additional maturity.  And I’ll use Evans again as the example.  His average is 75 points, OBP up over 100 from last year.

• Hook 'Em 1