Dynasty Building: Who will it be Schloss, Vitello, O'Sullivan?

3 hours ago, JGHorn said:

Other tidbits I've been told

Schloss is not a fan of aggy fandom

Example. The two aggy fans who wanted to fight the Florida head coach. That was a bridge too far for Schloss

sip false flag confirmed 

1 hour ago, Nuggetsmcgee said:

Look, not trying to disagree with you.. but he has a lady. him and CDC are friends… but I think your exaggerating how close they actually are 

Forget it @Nuggetsmcgee it's OB-town. 

In fifteen minutes you are all gonna be ok with this but there is no scenario where I want a coach who jerked us around the last time there was a head coaching opening here at Texas.  Fuck him.

I also could not bet the money line on a&m even though it looks to be sharp action.  Fuck aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, petscii said:

In fifteen minutes you are all gonna be ok with this but there is no scenario where I want a coach who jerked us around the last time there was a head coaching opening here at Texas.  Fuck him.

I also could not bet the money line on a&m even though it looks to be sharp action.  Fuck aggy.

Yea idk I think I can forgive something from 8 years ago with a different/much shittier AD

• Hook 'Em 5

40 minutes ago, petscii said:

I don't feel like we were jerked around. The hiring process was handled stupidly and there was no permanent AD in place. 

I mean maybe we were jerked around but we let it happen.

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Aggy loves the pomp and circumstance and team colors and aggy milkmen being up and down the street and they should have had a midnight yell on Omaha to show them what true aggy fandom is!! Like who gives a fuck. 

I was thinking…bad relationship between AD and head coach? 

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Let’s hope so. But those fuck stains have always bitched about aggy pride and how the world is missing out on the aggy whooooppp. No one in Omaha cares. I hope cdc already has schloss locked up.

Nobody who coached in the same conference against A&M for years is going to buy into the concept of some sort of cultural superiority in B/CS.  He went there for the money.  That's fine, he'll get more once he negotiates this summer.  The question is whether he'll be negotiating with UT or A&M?

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Texas should fire Tony V !!!!

Really.  Leaving Causey in there with ruunners on 2nd & 3rd after he'd already given up a bunch of runs was malpractice.  I'd had nearly talked myself into liking the guy, but that was awful.

9 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

we're gonna fuck this up, aren't we?

nice handle if you drop the "sh".  aggy 3.0

4 hours ago, Wellborn said:

Schloss was actually on the AD Search Committee that hired Trev.

Who wouldn’t want aggy to get a shit AD. He knew he was coming to Texas you dipshit, he didn’t care who the AD was. He will be announced Thursday. Terms are already worked out, now go cry to your aggy board. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Like any coaching search, there is a sequence of events that must happen. First the existing coach has to get relieved. Then the coach being hired needs to agree to terms. If that doesn’t happen, then choice number two is up. There are a lot of new posters in this thread arguing over formalities that are realities. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Like any coaching search, there is a sequence of events that must happen. First the existing coach has to get relieved. Then the coach being hired needs to agree to terms. If that doesn’t happen, then choice number two is up. There are a lot of new posters in this thread arguing over formalities that are realities. 

And arguing where we are in the process you briefly outlined without any inside info. Logic suggests a spot has at least been held for a convo with one or both of these two coaches. We could be further than that with them or not. Who knows. Anything other than CDC hasn’t made a move because he wants to talk to them is pure speculation. It’s possible it’s much farther along and a deal is all but done but we don’t know anything.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RVC2005 said:

Who wouldn’t want aggy to get a shit AD. He knew he was coming to Texas you dipshit, he didn’t care who the AD was. He will be announced Thursday. Terms are already worked out, now go cry to your aggy board. 

My favorite are the posts saying the exact day it will be announced. Monday? No, he’ll be partying at the Dixie chicken. Tuesday? That’s probably the day of the parade so hold tight. Wednesday? Probably a hangover day from the parade. Thursday? Alright let’s do this send out the press release.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

I just don’t get the feeling CDC’s waiting to talk to anyone. I think all of that has already been done, for a minute. The candidates(?s) just happen to still be playing. 

100% possible maybe even likely. Just don’t know. Crazy how 40+ years of being a Texas fan and Bellmont was as leaky as our public water systems and now the leaks are just shut down, 100% nada. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I just don’t get the feeling CDC’s waiting to talk to anyone. I think all of that has already been done, for a minute. The candidates(?s) just happen to still be playing. 

Agreed. While calculated, cdc seems to have a bias for action. Always has a plan.  We should’ve extended Pierce by now if he were staying

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Agreed. While calculated, cdc seems to have a bias for action. Always has a plan.  We should’ve extended Pierce by now if he were staying

But at the same time, also smart not to can Pierce now. Obviously no contracts have been signed, and it’s not hard to imagine the emotions of getting to the final -or winning the whole thing- can change one’s mind on leaving their situation. Then there’s plan B if that happens. Maybe retaining Pierce is a plan C, but it’s a bird in your hand or whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

But at the same time, also smart not to can Pierce now. Obviously no contracts have been signed, and it’s not hard to imagine the emotions of getting to the final -or winning the whole thing- can change one’s mind on leaving their situation. Then there’s plan B if that happens. Maybe retaining Pierce is a plan C, but it’s a bird in your hand or whatever. 

Yes. But I do think Pierce is gone. 

• Hook 'Em 2