Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Monday? No, he’ll be partying at the Dixie chicken. Tuesday? That’s probably the day of the parade so hold tight. Wednesday? Probably a hangover day from the parade. Thursday? Alright let’s do this send out the press release.

or he could pull a Celtics and go hang out in Miami for a few days

4 minutes ago, Dewey said:

This is 100% at A&M for what's about to happen. Enjoy your national championship, he's giving you a week to celebrate,  then he's pulling the cord. 

Heard! Took a 3 minute pause to respond, I’m starting to stew that we are still waiting. Thursday will reach critical mass, if we do not have an announcement.

Peace be with you.

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Nothing about CDCs track record says this will be the case.   Mike Perrin is no longer in the building and is actually at the sizzler. Thanks to Mike for his service of course

Of his hires, which has this board correctly divined prior to the announcement?  Beard?

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Of his hires, which has this board correctly divined prior to the announcement?  Beard?

I think a lot of people saw Beard coming, but maybe the timing was off.  Sark was definitely in play but again, the announcement came pretty sudden.  CDC doesn't do shit shows.

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Horn fans during a coaching search sometimes approach aggy levels of delusion

It's what we do well, as you can tell by us hiring Saban and Jay Wright and Dawn Staley.  

Youre Delusional Billy Gardell GIF by CBS

• Haha 1

Well, I’d be very concerned if the fans didn’t care about a potential new baseball head coach coming to town.  We love our baseball and with our history of success, it’s only natural that we wait anxiously to hear potential good news.  Carry on.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

This is 100% at A&M for what's about to happen. Enjoy your national championship, he's giving you a week to celebrate,  then he's pulling the cord. 

Aw shit, that means Pierce is coming back....FUCK!!!

13 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Well, I’d be very concerned if the fans didn’t care about a potential new baseball head coach coming to town.  We love our baseball and with our history of success, it’s only natural that we wait anxiously to hear potential good news.  Carry on.

I am pretty confident that the new hire will bring a lot of renewed excitement to the program/fanbase, regardless of who the name is. Not that people didn't care before, but I think some need a wake-up call before we head into the SEC. A&M dogpiling today or tomorrow would also be humbling. 

A lot is about to change. This isn't the 90's or early 2000's anymore.

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It's hilarious that people think a coach is going to leave for a rival right after winning a national championship.  Good God get a grip.

I not sure why you think it’s so impossible. The rivalry part doesn’t really have any bearing. It’s not like Schloss is a lifelong aggy. He wouldn’t even say it’s a better job than TCU

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)

Yes we know, some of you don’t think it’s within the realm of possibility to get a guy like Schloss, you’ve repeated it many times. Though it would be hard for me to bet on it myself, you’re wrong if you don’t believe it’s been a serious consideration, by both sides. This process has been going on since well before the season was over.

Edited by UncleBuck

55 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I not sure why you think it’s so impossible. The rivalry part doesn’t really have any bearing. It’s not like Schloss is a lifelong aggy. He wouldn’t even say it’s a better job than TCU

That’s just loyalty which is admirable.

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

It's hilarious that people think a coach is going to leave for a rival right after winning a national championship.  Good God get a grip.

It’s also hilarious that, while it would be highly unusual for it to happen, there are posters making definitive statements that it won’t happen and admonishing others over it. Hilariousssss 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I think a lot of people saw Beard coming, but maybe the timing was off.  Sark was definitely in play but again, the announcement came pretty sudden.  CDC doesn't do shit shows.

Beard got out because Beard starting telling people.

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Really? If he brings a national championship to College Station, solidifying aggy as the premier program in the state, he isn't going to say it's a better job than TCU?

Hmmm.

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Really? If he brings a national championship to College Station, solidifying aggy as the premier program in the state, he isn't going to say it's a better job than TCU?

Hmmm.

Maybe if they win today but Hobbes was speaking on what Schloss already said about becoming the head guy at Aggie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Levi said:

Maybe if they win today but Hobbes was speaking on what Schloss already said about becoming the head guy at Aggie. 

If they win today or tomorrow, the question then becomes is aggy a better job than Texas.

And that sucks.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

If they win today or tomorrow, the question then becomes is aggy a better job than Texas.

And that sucks.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The OfficeConfused Gary Coleman GIF

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Hmmm.

Nope. Not true. Not at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Dumb question, does aggy have better baseball facilities than Texas? On the surface it would appear so. They have large renovations planned and a ton of space to build on. 

I think once all their new upgrades are done they will...

Texas Might be top 12-15 in terms of national facility ranks

Posted (edited)

I still contend the only way A&M wins anything is when Texas is down or making mistakes. Pierce was a mistake and Texas is down. Here we are. 

there is no dependency for Texas to win. Texas performs to its standard good things happen. Not a damn thing anybody can do about it when we do.

and because of that A&M may perform better from time to time but it will never be the better job or better program.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Dumb question, does aggy have better baseball facilities than Texas? On the surface it would appear so. They have large renovations planned and a ton of space to build on. 

It’s not a dumb question.  My aggy neighbor reminded me of that yesterday. 
No doubt we need to look at a renovation of the Disch and the McComb Softball facilities.     The Disch looks dated.   McComb needs a total rebuild.   

Edited by Nueces River Rat

Just now, troph said:

I still contend the only way A&M wins anything is when Texas is down or making mistakes. Pierce was a mistake and Texas is down. Here we are. 

there is no dependency for Texas to win. Texas performs to its standard good things happen. Not a damn thing anybody can do about it when we do.

ans because of that A&M may perform better from time to time but it will never be the better job or better program.

If they win this national championship, they will have the best college baseball program in the state for the time being.

Just now, David Dennison said:

If they win this national championship, they will have the best college baseball program in the state for the time being.

Fine. As a static matter it’s not the better program, the better university or the better job, it never will be. And in 1-2 years that status can be completely erased if Texas is Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, troph said:

Fine. As a static matter it’s not the better program, the better university or the better job, it never will be. And in 1-2 years that status can be completely erased if Texas is Texas. 

I agree, which is why their current success is so frustrating. I hate it.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Hmmm.

Wut

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach