Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

got it. So do nothing and keep disch a geriatrics unit. 

Maybe, just maybe, do what Beard tried to do (not smacking his bitch) and get the students energized to go to the games. If he could get them to show up at the Erwin Center...

Edited by Deej

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

Good to know you're just there for the experience and not the product. We should bring back jet pack guy. 

If you can’t agree there needs to be change without resorting to bring back jet pack guy or the balcones tried and true video game station comment then you aren’t paying attention.

CDC needs to rip the tickets away from the companies that buy seats and don’t use them, first thing that should happen. Before the move to the SEC there probably wouldn’t be a chance in hell that it would happen because baseball is a break-even sport and the athletic department was just taking the guaranteed money. Needs to change heading into the SEC next year

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Oh, they'll do something. Then it won't be good enough and a lot of people will complain.

We're Texas.

Texas Baseball fans: "Get off of my lawn!"

Just now, chase25 said:

If you can’t agree there needs to be change without resorting to bring back jet pack guy or the balcones tried and true video game station comment then you aren’t paying attention.

CDC needs to rip the tickets away from the companies that buy seats and don’t use them, first thing that should happen. Before the move to the SEC there probably wouldn’t be a chance in hell that it would happen because baseball is a break-even sport and the athletic department was just taking the guaranteed money. Needs to change heading into the SEC next year

Are there really a lot of companies buying up all the seats at the Disch?

On 6/22/2024 at 9:34 AM, JGHorn said:

Other tidbits I've been told

Schloss is not a fan of aggy fandom

Example. The two aggy fans who wanted to fight the Florida head coach. That was a bridge too far for Schloss

Schloss is single and not liking the dating scene BCS

His friendship with CDC goes beyond sports. They would vacation together, dine out together, and work out together.

Schloss has always wanted the Texas job and he knows it probably will not come back around again

Was also told to me that he is hapoy he would not be the guy after Augie. He's the guy after the guy after Augie.

"The pride and winning tradition of The University of Texas will not be entrusted to the weak or the timid."

2 hours ago, Deej said:

If aggy wins the CWS and we hire their coach, they'll issue a fatwa on him. Schloss will never be able to buy an insurance policy in Texas again. 

It would be very on brand to immediately hate the coach that finally gets them a championship in a sport that more than a dozen people watch. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It would be very on brand to immediately hate the coach that finally gets them a championship in a sport that more than a dozen people watch. 

It would be funnier if they lose tomorrow and immediately hate the coach who goes go Texas and rattles off a few championships.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wouldn't be the first time aggy did this delusional BS.

The aggy football head coach Emory Bellard, hired directly from Texas, brought the wishbone to aggy, and even after they beat would Texas, they still thought he was some sort of Texas Longhorn spy and finally ran him off.  

aggy is always and forever delusional.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Obviously no one because we have mid facilities 

Just revamped the football stadium and built the best basketball stadium in the country within the last 3 years. But I’m sure CDC is going to ignore the baseball stadium going forward.  Memory of goldfish around here.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

I certainly don’t want us mimicking the Dell Diamond. I hate how far back from the field those stadiums go instead of going up. 

100% this. So stupid.

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It wasn’t all that long ago that they spent on the facade and the third base line seats, plus press box stuff I think. Then a few years later was the Dan brown building.  It may be time to spend again, but they haven’t ignored it for decades. 

2008 so 16 years ago. And it was great then but it was not as much as was needed. Texas needs a brand new stadium tbqh. 

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Not just the facilities but going and watching a game, enjoying the game. All of it needs a huge upgrade / revamp. It reminds me / has the feel of the old 80’s multiple stadiums 

Spoiler

EV-REE BAH-DEE CLAP YO HANDZ!

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 5

Wait, we’re talking about nuking The Disch? Are y’all fucking crazy?! Toss some real grass and dirt on there, move the walls back to where they belong and pass out free blow to students. There. Fixed.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

I don't understand the claims of a stale atmosphere, especially getting into the warmer months and conference schedule. Friday nights are my favorite atmosphere of any of our sports. Intelligent baseball fans that understand the game and get up for the situation, and the situations definitely sometimes call for rowdiness. Not sure what the expectation is; it's baseball. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I don't understand the claims of a stale atmosphere, especially getting into the warmer months and conference schedule. Friday nights are my favorite atmosphere of any of our sports. Intelligent baseball fans that understand the game and get up for the situation, and the situations definitely sometimes call for rowdiness. Not sure what the expectation is; it's baseball. 

nicer, larger stadium with grass and more of a baseball complex. I think the "errybody clap yo hans" atmosphere can get fucked.

Edited by troph

16 minutes ago, troph said:

nicer, larger stadium with grass and more of a baseball complex. I think the "errybody clap yo hans" atmosphere can get fucked.

Lulz that any attempt by bellmont to improve the atmosphere won't go in that direction

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Not sure what the expectation is; it's baseball. 

I think it’s pretty obvious what we need.

Bevo Blvd-type atmosphere out front. Wilson manning the zip line. Mini-pirate ship with a mile long line to sign the liability waiver.  You know, more atmosphere. We want it to feel like Round Rock or Frisco. Not the Disch.

Inside we need gaming stations. Call of Duty against the opposing fans would be epic.  A lot more electronic type stuff. Charging stations, maybe a silent disco area? I don’t know.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

41 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Bevo Blvd-type atmosphere out front. Wilson manning the zip line. Mini-pirate ship with a mile long line to sign the liability waiver.  You know, more atmosphere. We want it to feel like Round Rock or Frisco. Not the Disch.

Inside we need gaming stations. Call of Duty against the opposing fans would be epic.  A lot more electronic type stuff. Charging stations, maybe a silent disco area? I don’t know.

Wow, he didn't mention Tul.... nm

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chase25 said:

CDC needs to rip the tickets away from the companies that buy seats and don’t use them, first thing that should happen.

I had GA tickets last year and went to probably 85% of home games.  I sat in almost the exact same seats behind the 3rd base dugout every time because of this.  The entire row I was in was pretty much empty the whole season.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, chase25 said:

Easiest way to do this would be be renovate the boxes and build up with luxury suits and extend premium box seats above the left and right field lines...Make it similar to those box seats that are in the SEZ of DKR. 

Expand the Yeti stuff out in LF(extend the lower level further back and add a second level, extend it into left-center field even), make it the Yeti pavilion or whatever term and make it 1st come 1st serve for students with their pass. 

image.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White

We need a sensory room for half the fanbase when the swag chains, and home run mink coats and beards come out. The blue hairs can go in the sensory rooms to clutch their pearls, when it just becomes all too much for them to take it all in. 

• Haha 1

I will say it's lame as fuck going to a baseball game. Parking in the garage is not all that convenient or cheap, nothing to really do before or after (the wheel is cool like twice) and the food and bev situation at the field is lame. 

Is it awesome college baseball atmosphere? Yeah I don't think that's the issue. I think the issue is that it's just kind of a shitty experience because the occupy left field people are the only ones who have done anything to make it cool. Even they are still lame. https://thedailytexan.com/2019/07/02/occupy-left-field-texas-baseballs-biggest-tailgate/

There's nothing to do before or after your experience at the field. I think that's a big reason why no one goes. Your parking is bullshit and not next to anything and everything around there is not conducive to having any amount of people having fun. That is actually what it's about. 

They need to put a bunch of shops and restaurants in DF and make the tailgating experience a lot easier and more accessible to people. 

• Hook 'Em 2

In addition to making it grass/dirt again, relocate the Occupy folks to behind the visitor dugout and put a fresh pack of Zyns under every seat.   And build a pen for Bevo to stand on top of the visitors dugout while we're at it. 

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, immamac said:

I will say it's lame as fuck going to a baseball game. Parking in the garage is not all that convenient or cheap, nothing to really do before or after (the wheel is cool like twice) and the food and bev situation at the field is lame. 

Is it awesome college baseball atmosphere? Yeah I don't think that's the issue. I think the issue is that it's just kind of a shitty experience because the occupy left field people are the only ones who have done anything to make it cool. Even they are still lame. https://thedailytexan.com/2019/07/02/occupy-left-field-texas-baseballs-biggest-tailgate/

There's nothing to do before or after your experience at the field. I think that's a big reason why no one goes. Your parking is bullshit and not next to anything and everything around there is not conducive to having any amount of people having fun. That is actually what it's about. 

They need to put a bunch of shops and restaurants in DF and make the tailgating experience a lot easier and more accessible to people. 

They need an Applebee's, a Panera Bread, and for sure a Bed, Bath & Beyond.

2 hours ago, Balcones said:

I think the 82nd time you post this it will finally be funny. So keep posting you have about 14 more repeats to go. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach