Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I will never understand why coaches aren't pre-programmed to just say "I do not comment about my job status.  That is between me and my employer."  Repeat as necessary.

Dude was 30 min out of losing a national title by 1 run. I bet if they asked him that question the next day instead he would've deflected it perfectly. You can tell he knows how to do PC's well by what he said today. They just got him in the worst possible moment and they knew it. Fucking scumbags. 

Dude was 30 min out of losing a national title by 1 run. I bet if they asked him that question the next day instead he would've deflected it perfectly. You can tell he knows how to do PC's well by what he said today. They just got him in the worst possible moment and they knew it. Fucking scumbags. 

Naaaawww dog. His speech today was written for him by a team of communication experts. It was all rehearsed. What you saw yesterday was the real dude. And he fucked it all up.

Now, I don’t give a fuck about it because he’s gonna win a fuck ton of baseball games. But let’s not start jerking the dude off because he stuck to the cue cards. He flubbed the press conference yesterday.

But it doesn’t matter because LOL Aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I will never understand why coaches aren't pre-programmed to just say "I do not comment about my job status.  That is between me and my employer."  Repeat as necessary.

Because they don't really care. 

Deep down Schloss wanted to tell that Texags reporter to shut the fuck up minutes after losing a national title game. PR/optics or whatever you call it in regards to the media is one of the most over-analyzed things when it comes to head coaches. It doesn't matter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Does anyone ever dump that dumb broad’s bullshit back on her? 
Or are they reluctant to make fun of a waterhead twatwaffle?

She's been spit roasted on twitter the last 24 or so after posting the original vid.  Too many receipts of her blowing up sooners for the Riley departure as well as gloating after they hired Schloss away from TCU.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Can someone show me in the rule book where you aren't allowed to hire a coach away from another team?

The only difference, and I mean ONLY difference, between this situation and basically every other coach leaving is the reaction of the fanbase.  From the question immediately after losing the game, to the crashing of the intro press conference, to the incessant whining on twitter. 

This isn't worse than any other coaching transition, it's just getting more attention because aggy is driving the narrative.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It's so sad and reprehensible that Jim Schlossnagle lied about loving the 12th man.  What a scumbag.

I know plenty of Aggies who have loved 12 men.  I mean, not all at the same time...but you'd be surprised how efficient they are working a half-dozen glory holes at a time.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

27 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The only difference, and I mean ONLY difference, between this situation and basically every other coach leaving is the reaction of the fanbase.  From the question immediately after losing the game, to the crashing of the intro press conference, to the incessant whining on twitter. 

This isn't worse than any other coaching transition, it's just getting more attention because aggy is driving the narrative.

not a coincidence that they are really the only major university that meets the criteria for a cult and leaving the cult is as great of a sin and violation as one can commit. Their behavior with his departure is text book shunning/shaming/defaming of one who leaves the cult.

no other fan base I'm aware of reacts like this because no other fan base that I'm aware of is a text book definition of a cult.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, troph said:

not a coincidence that they are really the only major university that meets the criteria for a cult and leaving the cult is as great of a sin and violation as one can commit. Their behavior with his departure is text book shunning/shaming/defaming of one who leaves the cult.

no other fan base I'm aware of reacts like this because no other fan base that I'm aware of is a text book definition of a cult.

I can only think of 1 other

image.png.224ebe9942fd9621e21a817a4054d9c0.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I can only think of 1 other

image.png.224ebe9942fd9621e21a817a4054d9c0.png

not sure they are a cult but i'm not super familiar with their fan base. their reaction to Joe Pa was more of the classic denial / victim blaming that you see in rape and other sexual assault / abuse cases.

Edited by troph

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Jimbo Fisher lied to his players’ faces for a week then left for aggy without telling them 

every person who interviews for a job lies at least by omission to their current employer. Even if it's just "hey I've got a dentist appt this afternoon, I'll see you tomorrow" or books an appointment on their calendar for a zoom interview and calls it something else.

but no, in this case the guy is a sinner worthy of hell.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

She's been spit roasted on twitter the last 24 or so after posting the original vid.  Too many receipts of her blowing up sooners for the Riley departure as well as gloating after they hired Schloss away from TCU.

Isn't she the one who was trying to argue that Texas and A&M were equivalent, but ended up wandering around and twisting herself into logical knots so hard that she accidentally stumbled on the Texas : A&M :: OU : Okie state analogy, to which her co-hosts all immediately replied "Exactly"?  And then we got to see someone die inside in real time when she finally realized what she had done?  I was trying to find a clip but can't seem to find it anywhere.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This. And all fueled by those Texags losers Looch, “Brauny” and OB that worked themselves and their fanbase into a mouth foaming butthurt frenzy in an effort to try and save face from being humiliated publicly by the evil empire once again.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, WBT said:

But burner phones!!!1!

Sometimes I think we judge stupid people with too broad a brush.  "Oh, they are vulnerable to conspiracy theories, supporting bad actors, and believing propaganda because they're naive and don't think critically about important issues."  

And then I read about Aggies declaring "Burner Phones & Tortious Interference" and realize, "Yep, that explains why they behave the way they do in civic life as well."  

They're just a reflection of what is happening to not only our state, our new conference, but our entire country.  We're in a race to the bottom, and the Yell Leaders are leading the way...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Part of what holds A&M back is that they expect their coaches to “be” Aggies.  Not just coach them, but to buy into all of their shit.  The intro press conferences are so cringe when A&M leaders talk about “the school 90 minutes down the road,” and then Jimbo or Elko or Schloss has to do the Gig ‘em and join them in sawing Varsity’s horns off.  You know they’re thinking, “what have I gotten myself into?” They all look so uncomfortable.  They wanted to coach the team and make bank, not join a cult.  But that’s what happens, and it always ends in the same way.

Schloss was so miserable there and did not want to be indoctrinated.

This is exactly right.  They have to 100% buy-in to being an aggy, including every stupid fucking "tradition" and dumb bullshit cult shit. 

22 minutes ago, Jebus said:

Isn't she the one who was trying to argue that Texas and A&M were equivalent, but ended up wandering around and twisting herself into logical knots so hard that she accidentally stumbled on the Texas : A&M :: OU : Okie state analogy, to which her co-hosts all immediately replied "Exactly"?  And then we got to see someone die inside in real time when she finally realized what she had done?  I was trying to find a clip but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Yep. I tried to recreate that amazing moment in the "Aggy AI thread of dominance" thread, but did a poor job and don't think anyone got the reference. I found the video back then, but can't find it now either. Looks like someone did some scrubbing.

1 minute ago, Born Burnt said:

Yep. I tried to recreate that amazing moment in the "Aggy AI thread of dominance" thread, but did a poor job and don't think anyone got the reference. I found the video back then, but can't find it now either. Looks like someone did some scrubbing.

It's been posted  a few times within the last couple of days on one of the many theads skewering the ags' hysteria and hypocrisy.  Either this one, the Show Me a Schloss, or the A&M thread on the football board, or the A&M screenshot thread on 9.95.  I'm sure someone will post it again soon, it's just too good.

13 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

NM. Found it

Edited by SquishMitten
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Under Texas law, it's not tortious interference for a third party to induce a contracting party to terminate the contract that contains a termination and buyout provision so long as the buyout is paid.  Happens all the time in M&A deals with break up/termination fees when a new suitor comes along with a better deal.

There is no breach of contract here so long as the buyout is paid.  So there is no tortious interference.  It isn't TI to induce a contracting party to exercise their legal right to terminate.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach