Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Dude was 30 min out of losing a national title by 1 run. I bet if they asked him that question the next day instead he would've deflected it perfectly. You can tell he knows how to do PC's well by what he said today. They just got him in the worst possible moment and they knew it. Fucking scumbags. 

He was hiding his joy at having denied A&M the NC (natty to Aggies). 

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Because they don't really care. 

Deep down Schloss wanted to tell that Texags reporter to shut the fuck up minutes after losing a national title game. PR/optics or whatever you call it in regards to the media is one of the most over-analyzed things when it comes to head coaches. It doesn't matter. 

Yep

• Hook 'Em 1

ATM has no room to whine considering the same shit happened when they hired Schloss and Jimbo. It's laughable. As far as them airing dirty laundry, seems like a classic MAD situation (Mutually Assured Destruction). Anyone think Schloss hasn't seen some illegal shit at ATM? While Jimbo was there?? Lol

With that said, ever since he went to ATM (the first time I ever heard him talk), Schloss has given me some slimy vibes. A little Jimbo-esque. Still feel that way. But clearly he's a good coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

NM. Found it

So much gold here.

When she first tries to slide that Texas-Texas A&M handwavy same-same gesture by everyone and after a second Portnoy just goes “Kayce.”

and then every time he does the level comparison he keeps making them further apart and you can just see her trying to keep her cool

the way they straight up laugh in her face 

the false argument that A&M has more money, which is somehow just accepted but still doesn’t sway anyone. 

the argument that you can’t know how the two schools compare unless you’re from Texas. 

and then 

”what are you basing that on?”

”Everything!”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jebus said:

So much gold here.

When she first tries to slide that Texas-Texas A&M handwavy same-same gesture by everyone and after a second Portnoy just goes “Kayce.”

and then every time he does the level comparison he keeps making them further apart and you can just see her trying to keep her cool

the way they straight up laugh in her face 

the false argument that A&M has more money, which is somehow just accepted but still doesn’t sway anyone. 

the argument that you can’t know how the two schools compare unless you’re from Texas. 

and then 

”what are you basing that on?”

”Everything!”

If Aggy has so much money, why did their new stooge of an AD fire a baseball support staffer to help pay for the Jimbo payoff?  

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I for one am eagerly cheering the the entire university to publicly get behind a lawsuit against Schloss for leaving aTm. Full bore, balls to the wall, come after the guy. Discovery, using the school's legal department directly, all of it. And then I want them to go and ever try to hire an established or even an up and coming coach ever again. Please, please do this, aTm. They'll literally find that no one will work there, or no one will work there unless their contracts have no buyouts and no restrictions whatsoever.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMDZlQ8EapdwxAV14DRhg

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Under Texas law, it's not tortious interference for a third party to induce a contracting party to terminate the contract that contains a termination and buyout provision so long as the buyout is paid.  Happens all the time in M&A deals with break up/termination fees when a new suitor comes along with a better deal.

There is no breach of contract here so long as the buyout is paid.  So there is no tortious interference.  It isn't TI to induce a contracting party to exercise their legal right to terminate.

So when the buyout is paid, I assume there will be a standard form to be signed acknowledging receipt. And I further assume said document will contain a general release. Do the aggy faithful really believe the school will refuse to accept $3 million from Texas so they can reserve some spurious tort claim? 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've started thinking that we'll know they might actually win something when some guy is recruited in and refuses to do any of that shit. "I'm not an aggie. I'm not here to learn 'yells'. I came here to win football games and titles for you guys, and you're paying me well to do it. Now let me coach, and stop pressuring me to 'become' an aggie."

If I heard someone say that to them as an HC, I might get worried.

That guy won’t ever be hired. Resistance is futile - assimilate or die 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Under Texas law, it's not tortious interference for a third party to induce a contracting party to terminate the contract that contains a termination and buyout provision so long as the buyout is paid.  Happens all the time in M&A deals with break up/termination fees when a new suitor comes along with a better deal.

There is no breach of contract here so long as the buyout is paid.  So there is no tortious interference.  It isn't TI to induce a contracting party to exercise their legal right to terminate.

Their hysterical screams to sue are even more precious and laughable because the atm contract a provision contemplating what happens (buyout doubles) should Schloss accept a position at another university within the state of Texas, which was intended to be UT-specific.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

When Elko fails to meet their unrealistic high expectations, and if Saban were to announce his interest in the job as long as they would stop all that shit and not expect him to participate in any of the nonsense, they'd hang up with him and turn their attention toward hiring Gary Kubiag.

You're not wrong, but I can't see Saban touching that dumpster fire with a 50 foot pole.  He strikes me as a no nonsense, no bullshit kind of guy who really would not care one iota about their weird culture and turditions.

4 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I was visiting a church Sunday in Houston.  They had a guest speaker.  The pastor mentioned the CWS game.  No less than 100 idiot Aggies whooped.  In church.

You’re fortunate to have escaped without being struck down by lightning. Having at least one Longhorn in the building may have saved the entire congregation.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I've started thinking that we'll know they might actually win something when some guy is recruited in and refuses to do any of that shit. "I'm not an aggie. I'm not here to learn 'yells'. I came here to win football games and titles for you guys, and you're paying me well to do it. Now let me coach, and stop pressuring me to 'become' an aggie."

You saw what happened to Mike Sherman when he was vocal about not wanting to move to the SEC. They shitcanned him in a recruit's driveway. The internet knew all about it before Sherman even walked out the front door.

Bill Byrne also did not want to move, so Bowtie Fucktard took over the operation. Byrne was also gone soon thereafter.

16 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So, did Tulo pass up an opportunity to be head coach just to be stiffed by the new coach? I would have liked to see him on the staff.

I thought he interviewed, but was he offered the job? 

TJ Bruce (assistant head at TCU) who they hired, is also a Dirtbag alum, was grad assistant at LBST (1 yr), a yr at Cerritos College, then returning as an assistant at LBST for 5 more.  He was then with UCLA for 5 yrs as an assistant and a part of the staff for the 2013 CWS Champions. Onto head coach for Nevada, 2x Mountain West COY, and then going to TCU as assistant head coach for the past two.

No MLB, but more experience on the Coaching side than Tulo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

They'll literally find that no one will work there, or no one will work there unless their contracts have no buyouts and no restrictions whatsoever. making it even easier for a commodity to leave elsewhere. 

I believe that's their bar for such hires.

Nobody is crazy about the idea of working in College Station. You have to go to weddings of Texags contributors, put up with abusive fans, and spend everyday walking through a freak show. They've just been taught that lesson again, but they never learn.

I still cannot decide whether it is funnier the way it panned out - (1 )Texas A&M getting so close to a national championship and not getting it, and then Texas stealing their coach, or (2) Texas A&M actually winning the national title and us stealing their only title winning coach the next day.  I am thinking the way it turned out is funnier because they still do not have a championship, but stealing their only title winning coach almost immediately would have been pretty funny as well.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I still cannot decide whether it is funnier the way it panned out - (1 )Texas A&M getting so close to a national championship and not getting it, and then Texas stealing their coach, or (2) Texas A&M actually winning the national title and us stealing their only title winning coach the next day.  I am thinking the way it turned out is funnier because they still do not have a championship, but stealing their only title winning coach almost immediately would have been pretty funny as well.

Perfect the way it happened. Both them not getting the title + stealing their coaching staff and half their returning players going into the portal when they would have been the #1 team preseason

Hungry Chef GIF by Rosanna Pansino

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

How can you possibly not decide that? Aggy winning anything is a fucking disaster. Do you wear a helmet? 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

the only advantage to having them winning was to say we stole "the CURRENT SITTING NC and SITTING SEC coach", which, while funny as shit, is not worth them having a Big 3 trophy newer than WWII

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

If they had won the title, they wouldn't be able to sue Schloss for intentionally losing!

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Last time I ran a hiring committee, some lawyer with the state (system?)  had just written a white paper recommending best practices for the procedure.  You were supposed to create a matrix with the qualifications desired in your job listing on the top row, weighted, and below that, you scored every applicant on those qualifications.

I guarantee you that every aggy job search would have "fit" or "willingness to assimilate" or some other term describing "aggyness" as the most heavily weighted qualification in their matrix.  

It's not enough to be qualified -- you have to "get [understand] us."

That's also why they had two different grad programs in my field that would only accept A&M undergrads, which I have never seen from any other university.  

And what a great job he did of throwing the series.

Win Game 1.

Lead Game 2 into the 7th.

Send the tying run to the plate in the bottom of the 9th of Game 3 and only then giving your batter the sign to intentionally strike out.

Brilliant!

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Texas reminded aggy

image.png.8a95c15d90a79865b4cc524a8ce697d9.png

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Last time I ran a hiring committee, some lawyer with the state (system?)  had just written a white paper recommending best practices for the procedure.  You were supposed to create a matrix with the qualifications desired in your job listing on the top row, weighted, and below that, you scored every applicant on those qualifications.

I guarantee you that every aggy job search would have "fit" or "willingness to assimilate" or some other term describing "aggyness" as the most heavily weighted qualification in their matrix.  

It's not enough to be qualified -- you have to "get [understand] us."

That's also why they had two different grad programs in my field that would only accept A&M undergrads, which I have never seen from any other university.  

My understanding is that most top academic programs, UT included, have a bias against their own school's undergrads.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They will force them into fish camp and convert them to the cult. 

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

My understanding is that most top academic programs, UT included, have a bias against their own school's undergrads.

When I was in school, UT definitely had a bias against its PhD grads as far as landing new faculty.  I did go to school with plenty of UT grads, but by no means were they the majority of grad students.

20 minutes ago, WBT said:

And what a great job he did of throwing the series.

Win Game 1.

Lead Game 2 into the 7th.

Send the tying run to the plate in the bottom of the 9th of Game 3 and only then giving your batter the sign to intentionally strike out.

Brilliant!

You mean chase a "fall off the table" curve ball after the guy had been throwing high fastballs the whole inning?

Kidding of course.  I thought it was a brilliant gutsy pitch in that circumstance.  

Edited by CycleTex87

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach