Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

50 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The knob-slobbing over aggy assistant Max Weiner makes it seem like he might be in play... would be a helluva stretch, but if Schloss pitches him to CDC it seems like a definite possibility.

ugh...already sick of hearing "Sips had to hire one of our assistants!" and it hasn't even happened yet. 

51 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The knob-slobbing over aggy assistant Max Weiner makes it seem like he might be in play... would be a helluva stretch, but if Schloss pitches him to CDC it seems like a definite possibility.

icwydt

• Haha 3

I do not care what A&M fans think about what we do. Our athletic department donate a billion dollars to house the homeless and they would come up with some reason that was a nefarious and corrupt thing to do.

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

We aren’t hiring an assistant coach. This is Texas

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

FSU coach? I don’t even know his name but has he been on anybody’s list? 

Born in Tallahassee, played at FSU, was briefly an assistant at FSU at the beginning of his career.  I'm sure he'd be on a list if it was a reasonable assumption they could get him.  He's Mitch Canham with a stable power conference, CWS appearance, and a school that can probably match an offer sheet.

1 minute ago, Captain Obvious said:

Born in Tallahassee, played at FSU, was briefly an assistant at FSU at the beginning of his career.  I'm sure he'd be on a list if it was a reasonable assumption they could get him.  He's Mitch Canham with a stable power conference, CWS appearance, and a school that can probably match an offer sheet.

Beat me to it. 

FLA guy also seems unlikely, no dick discipline.

UNC is homeboy like FSU.

UK Mingione (sp?) I guess is possible.

Leaves Tenn and aggy. Vitello or Schloss. 

Or an assistant of someone. 

Or the whole thing's just fluid. Not piss, but could be colonoscopy prep.

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I do not care what A&M fans think about what we do. Our athletic department donate a billion dollars to house the homeless and they would come up with some reason that was a nefarious and corrupt thing to do.

This would be so easy. 

Buncha bleeding heart lib commie soyboys. Etc etc.

28 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This also isn’t football. Some of yall really don’t understand Texas baseball at all.

The “baseball is king at UT” mindset is so far removed from how the AD has treated the program for a long time now. 

That said, we’re obviously not hiring an assistant for the baseball job 

1 hour ago, Poester said:

We did in basketball. 

Well that was different. If Pierce got fired early in the season and Tulo, or whomever, took us to a conference tournament title and Omaha we might hire him as well.

1 hour ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

We did it in football

That was also different.

And both of those guys at least had experience as being a HC.

I don't have an issue with hiring an assistant coach for the record. I just want the best coach.

8 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I mean, they're kinda not wrong (outside of us being "bottom 10 percent" idiots). If I had a gun to my head and had to give an opinion on whether or not Schloss would leave aggy for Texas right now, I'd say no. It's just not something that happens often at this level. Doesn't mean I don't think CDC isn't going to try/hasn't tried his hardeset, and that the deep friendship they share can't be a factor. I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

I'm completely with you here, but I would love for us to make them spend way too much to keep a coach just to prove to themselves that they're not little brother.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bobby said this morning on their YouTube show he doesn’t believe that just because Texas hasn’t made a move yet means it is going to be a coach still in the CWS.

Well that makes one person. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bobby made a comment this morning on their YouTube show he doesn’t believe that just because Texas hasn’t made a move yet means it is going to be a coach still in the CWS.

Yeah. but...

The FSU guy, not leaving home. FLA and UK guys not impressing much. Leaves Schloss and Vitello. If it isn't one of them, it's hard to see where CDC is looking... not that it's impossible, but... yeah.

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Just be patient yall. I doubt Texas is making a move until after the CWS is over. 

No, we're going to announce the morning of aggy's first CWS final.  So everyone is talking about us, and we get to fuck with them yet again.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Just went back and re-listened to Bobby’s exact quote:

”Does the idea that Texas is not making a move prior to the end of the CWS mean that it is a coach in the CWS, thereby Jim Schlossnagle at A&M or one of those guys….at this point I do not think that is the case.”

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bobby made a comment this morning on their YouTube show he doesn’t believe that just because Texas hasn’t made a move yet means it is going to be a coach still in the CWS.

I get football pays the bills and most of these guys could not care less about getting baseball info but they just need to stop commenting when they know nothing. 

• Drool 1

Just now, chase25 said:

I get football pays the bills and most of these guys could not care less about getting baseball info but they just need to stop commenting when they know nothing. 

Do you even fill empty air with nothing, bro?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BlackCat said:

CDC probably has indication from a candidate already but wants to make Vit and Schloss say no first. 

I would hope at this point he has a better indication than that or else what has been going on the last 3 weeks? If we are just twiddling our thumbs waiting for the opportunity to finally talk to Schlossnagle after his season ends, this hasn’t been a very well run process.

Also, no respectable candidate would allow this process to drag on two weeks after he tentatively accepted so the AD could check with other candidates to see if they may want the job.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, EyeSlapMidgets said:

Admittedly I am completely out of the loop when it comes to baseball. But have any insiders left hints on who they think we are getting? I see a lot of speculation that we are stealing Schloss or the Tennessee guy but haven’t seen any insiders hint at anyone we are after.

There are no insiders when it comes to a CDC hire.

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Exactly.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

True, but I think Bobby’s info would hold more weight than some other random 9.95er considering his connections in the athletic department. That ranges outside of football too.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I would hope at this point he has a better indication than that or else what has been going on the last 3 weeks? If we just twiddling our thumbs waiting for the opportunity to finally talk to Schlossnagle, this hasn’t been a very well run process.

Also, no respectable candidate would allow this process to drag on two weeks after he tentatively accepted so the AD could check with other candidates to see if they may want the job.

That's the whole point... if it isn't one of the guys still in it, then WTF?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Yeah. but...

The FSU guy, not leaving home. FLA and UK guys not impressing much. Leaves Schloss and Vitello. If it isn't one of them, it's hard to see where CDC is looking... not that it's impossible, but... yeah.

I don't believe this BS -- No coach is ever leaving, until they get here and show up with CDC for the press conference to present to new Texas Baseball coach to the world.

This is CDC this time, not acting-AD-Perrin.

People can think it works like last time with Perrin's coaching search, and jump up and down with their signed-extension-papers in-hand, flapping in the wind, yelling, "PEACE in our time!" like Neville Chamberlain, and IT. DON'T. MEAN. A. SHIT.

peace-peaceinourtime.gif.9df08c5893edfe331fd56e537e94095e.gif

CDC and Texas will get who they want, fucking PERIOD!

Hook 'Em!

Edited by BachelorTrek

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

True, but I think Bobby’s info would hold more weight than some other random 9.95er considering his connections in the athletic department. That ranges outside of football too.

That’s fair. I believe we are at the point in the search where everything is pretty much on the table. 

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

”Does the idea that Texas is not making a move prior to the end of the CWS mean that it is a coach in the CWS, thereby Jim Schlossnagle at A&M or one of those guys….at this point I do not think that is the case.”

image.gif.c0bf75aaac6c83178de4d1db549ba68f.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Rumor Mill: Schloss to Texas

Posted on 6/19/24 at 9:32 am
bigbopper iconTexas.png
Houston
Member since Jul 2015
1028 posts

All your coaches are belong to us. 
Bookmark this post. 
Aggy tears to follow.
Texas poster yanking aggy’s chain over on secrant…
I’m willing to wager- if he stays at aggy, i will eat all the crow that can be dished out. I’ll take a break from the rant, whatever you think it worthy of the bet. 
If he does come to Texas, you admit you’re a babyback bitch for doubting CDC’s ability to get it done.
Edited by Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

bigbopper iconTexas.png
Houston
Member since Jul 2015
1028 posts

Bookmark this post. 
Aggy tears to follow.
I’m willing to wager- if he stays at aggy, i will eat all the crow that can be dished out. I’ll take a break from the rant, whatever you think it worthy of the bet. 
If he does come to Texas, you admit you’re a babyback bitch for doubting CDC’s ability to get it done.

Seems Legit Martin Freeman GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I like Bobby. I just think he's giving his opinion here, and I think he's wrong. There's really no other reason I can think of for it to be dragging out to this point, other than that CDC's top candidate is busy. Simple. Now, does that mean CDC will lock that guy up, and that he doesn't have to turn to a plan B guy who is already out of the CWS? No, but if it were a Bakich, it'd be over and done by now. 

6 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

bigbopper iconTexas.png
Houston
Member since Jul 2015
1028 posts

Bookmark this post. 
Aggy tears to follow.

Post in plain text, guys. It’s not that hard.

This also seems very convincing. 

50 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t see how that makes sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Dynasty Building: Who will it be Schloss, Vitello, O'Sullivan?
  • immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach