Schlossed and confused: When panic leads to an Earley hire

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

459 combined seasons in aggy mens big 3 sports ever

only twice (including tonight) did they ever play for/win a national championship

fucking insane stat

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952mvilkkwx02sreb2ausc

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Of all of the stuff that has been flying around lately, $3.5M/year is the one I find the least believable. Unless that is truly what it would take to get Schlossnagle, there's no reason to go anywhere close to that. 

2.5 million + 1 million for assistants seems believable....

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

From what I was told from an ex Texas player with a ton of creditbility it will be the coach just up the road. 

god yes, make it happen!

michael jordan laughing GIF

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

I'll try and get the tail number when/if it takes off at 1:40 p.m. CT. 

Here's another private going from AUS --> OMA this afternoon. However, noting it to cross it off the list of possibilities - it's owned by John Kiella, CEO of Kiella Real Estate Group in Temple, who has three aggy children.

Though this Learjet 45 caught my eye:

• It started making back-and-forth trips between Austin Executive and Omaha starting the second day of the CWS - June 15 (i.e., the day of aggy's first CWS game).
  • It last left OMA late Saturday night and landed back in Austin around 12:15 a.m. yesterday. No flights back (or scheduled) since.
  • The plane is owned by TVPX in name, but TVPX is a company that provides trust services for the real owners for confidentiality and other reasons. So, very well could be a UT-affiliated owner.
  • It flew to Houston early morning the day of the first UT-ULLA game in the College Station regionals. Returned to Austin a couple days after our final game. 
  • Numerous frequent/recent trips to Addison, TX (visits to B12 headquarters?). 

Edit: The flight that @Mo Horn linked just took off. Tail number is N535V. Similar to the one noted above, this plane is also owned by a trust company (Delaware Aircraft Trust).

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Schloss is 53, right?  10 years sounds like a good retirement plan for him and nest egg. 

Now just have to get him to a presser at Belmont without losing him to the horde of homeless that apparently roam our streets. 

Does aggy still own a cannon? We might need to increase the security perimeter around ABIA.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

I'll try and get the tail number when/if it takes off at 1:40 p.m. CT. 

Here's another private going from AUS --> OMA this afternoon. However, noting it to cross it off the list of possibilities - it's owned by John Kiella, CEO of Kiella Real Estate Group in Temple, who has three aggy children.

Though this Learjet 45 caught my eye:

• It started making back-and-forth trips between Austin Executive and Omaha starting the second day of the CWS - June 15 (i.e., the day of aggy's first CWS game).
  • It last left OMA late Saturday night and landed back in Austin around 12:15 a.m. yesterday. No flights back (or scheduled) since.
  • The plane is owned by TVPX in name, but TVPX is a company that provides trust services for the real owners for confidentiality and other reasons. So, very well could be a UT-affiliated owner.
  • It flew to Houston early morning the day of the first UT-ULLA game in the College Station regionals. Returned to Austin a couple days after our final game. 
  • Numerous frequent/recent trips to Addison, TX (visits to B12 headquarters?). 

i love flight tracking season

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Ok aggy, here are your options:

Y’all can win a baseball national championship tonight…OR

Y’all can lose Schloss to Texas.

Which do you choose?

WHYNOTBOTH.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't give a fuck about aggy. We need to keep intact our record of hiring "sitting national championship coaches".

But the roller coaster plunge would be fucking all-time spectacular.

And it would do a hell of a job of putting the rest pf the SEC on notice...

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

David Esquer???

That's fucking funny.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

When I knew that none of these people know shit. 

Leadership matters. Powers and Patterson would have sword fought to make that announcement.

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: When panic leads to an Earley hire