Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

@derpyhorndog can you confirm the flight part? No idea who this guy is, probably full of shit, but we should be able to confirm the plane/flight plan.

Richard G. West is a Tennessee troll that is always spreading false rumors during coaching searches. It could end up being Schloss, but this guy has no inside info on it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Heard Schloss required a train outside the fence and a lifetime supply of bubbles.  I’m depressed we couldn’t meet the demands to have an atmosphere that awesome.

Where do you think the next line of Cap Metro Rail is going?

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Schloss is 53, right?  10 years sounds like a good retirement plan for him and nest egg. 

Now just have to get him to a presser at Belmont without losing him to the horde of homeless that apparently roam our streets. 

No one should be getting or giving 10 year contracts.  This is insane. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

I'll try and get the tail number when/if it takes off at 1:40 p.m. CT. 

Here's another private going from AUS --> OMA this afternoon. However, noting it to cross it off the list of possibilities - it's owned by John Kiella, CEO of Kiella Real Estate Group in Temple, who has three aggy children.

Though this Learjet 45 caught my eye:

• It started making back-and-forth trips between Austin Executive and Omaha starting the second day of the CWS - June 15 (i.e., the day of aggy's first CWS game).
  • It last left OMA late Saturday night and landed back in Austin around 12:15 a.m. yesterday. No flights back (or scheduled) since.
  • The plane is owned by TVPX in name, but TVPX is a company that provides trust services for the real owners for confidentiality and other reasons. So, very well could be a UT-affiliated owner.
  • It flew to Houston early morning the day of the first UT-ULLA game in the College Station regionals. Returned to Austin a couple days after our final game. 
  • Numerous frequent/recent trips to Addison, TX (visits to B12 headquarters?). 

Edit: The flight that @Mo Horn linked just took off. Tail number is N535V. Similar to the one noted above, this plane is also owned by a trust company (Delaware Aircraft Trust).

I just saw a Lambo at Chick-fil-A. Schloss is in. 

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:
2 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

I'll try and get the tail number when/if it takes off at 1:40 p.m. CT. 

Edit: The flight that @Mo Horn linked just took off. Tail number is N535V. Similar to the one noted above, this plane is also owned by a trust company (Delaware Aircraft Trust).

Funny, this plane just did an about-face and is now heading back to Austin.

Perhaps mechanical issues? Medical emergency? Caught wind that surlyhorns was on to them?

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

They're saying whatever you want to believe. "Come with me, and you'll be in a world in a world of pure imagination...."

Great, we hired Willy Wonka.  0 CWS appearances. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

9 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Perhaps mechanical issues? Medical emergency? Caught wind that surlyhorns was on to them?

Does this mean we're rehiring DP?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Does this mean Ann Margret's not coming? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

forgot the "Schloss is our standard" tail sign

24 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Very odd.  It never got above around 10,000 ft. or 200 mph.  Flight plan was 40,000 ft. and 600 mph. 

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach