Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

22 minutes ago, WBT said:

And what a great job he did of throwing the series.

Win Game 1.

Lead Game 2 into the 7th.

Send the tying run to the plate in the bottom of the 9th of Game 3 and only then giving your batter the sign to intentionally strike out.

Brilliant!

I mean it was fucking perfect.  He even got Vitello to be the opposing coach, who was a former assistant to Schloss.  Schloss gave Vitello the sign that said throw this guy a curve on the next pitch because he will chase.  I bet the 2 had invisible earpieces in communication the entire series, too.

Schloss is Ethan Hunt.  Ultimate long game from Schloss 3 years in the making.  CDC with the Alan Hunley assist.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I've started thinking that we'll know they might actually win something when some guy is recruited in and refuses to do any of that shit. "I'm not an aggie. I'm not here to learn 'yells'. I came here to win football games and titles for you guys, and you're paying me well to do it. Now let me coach, and stop pressuring me to 'become' an aggie."

If I heard someone say that to them as an HC, I might get worried.

They might be a pretty damn good athletic program if they could get out of their own way but their traditions will never allow it. 

55 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

My understanding is that most top academic programs, UT included, have a bias against their own school's undergrads.

Shit, I have told plenty of my students that I will write them recommendations for any grad program other than Texas State.

Edited by Beau Vine

49 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

The fun thing about litigation is that discovery works both ways.   It should be fun when our team is instructed to "being issuing" information requests investigating the abject ineptitude and fiscal irresponsibility in the aggy athletic department.

So this is a joke then, because there's no such college and certainly not a baseball program?  

Dammit, we should get in on these grifts at the ground floor and scam the stupids.  

"Look here 12th Man Foundation, for just $100,000---we can form an exploratory committee and provide travel for them to go and recruit top coaches from elite programs like DPU, Texas College, Baseball of University, Southwest North Dakota State, and other institutions of acclaim."  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Slick16 said:

The fun thing about litigation is that discovery works both ways.   It should be fun when our team is instructed to "being issuing" information requests investigating the abject ineptitude and fiscal irresponsibility in the aggy athletic department.

We may be able to get Terry Price's bbq chicken recipe. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

That fucking law dude idiot already took down his tweet apparently

I guess the investigation stalled on day 1 lol

I'm picturing Alberts asking the guy like in "My Cousin Vinny"

'So how long you been practicing baseball law?'

-Almost six weeks.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I've started thinking that we'll know they might actually win something when some guy is recruited in and refuses to do any of that shit. "I'm not an aggie. I'm not here to learn 'yells'. I came here to win football games and titles for you guys, and you're paying me well to do it. Now let me coach, and stop pressuring me to 'become' an aggie."

If I heard someone say that to them as an HC, I might get worried.

That is such a great point, but I don’t think we have to worry about that. The guys who see right off that the Aggie stuff is all bullshit do it anyway, because it doubles the length of their leash, the time they have to build before the seat gets hot. If a new Ag coach came in, saying that, and then lost a couple of games in a row, he’d be crucified as a heretic. 

It’s noteworthy that so many of their really successful coaches, Bryant, Bible and Schlossnagle, very clearly got the hell out when they could. Exceptions are Norton (their MNC winner) and Sherrill (if you really call him successful), and they both got fired eventually. (Sherrill, for all the Aggie bullshit he espoused, was trying to maneuver to an NFL job). 

45 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I'm picturing Alberts asking the guy like in "My Cousin Vinny"

'So how long you been practicing baseball law?'

-Almost six weeks.  

How did Alberts become an AD in the first place?    I know aggy is  his third or fourth gig as a AD.    But how in the hell do go from a  talking head at ESPN to AD?  

5 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

So, does TAMU's course of conduct in willingly and knowingly paying coaches at TAMU while said coaches were employed by competing universities compromise their position?

"E-Rob" (Elijah Robinson) was paid and coached A&M football for over 3 weeks after he had accepted a coaching position at a competing university, including actively working against TAMU by recruiting existing and prospective A&M players to play for Syracuse University. 

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

He had a fucking typo in his tweet.   Absolute clown.   

"... ex- former Texas A&M employees "

FIF him.

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

How did Alberts become an AD in the first place?    I know aggy is  his third or fourth gig as a AD.    But how in the hell do go from a  talking head at ESPN to AD?  

Some fool at Nebraska-Omaha was dumb enough to hire him first after ESPN shit-canned him.

Peter Principle accounts for his current standing. But, aggy, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Some fool at Nebraska-Omaha was dumb enough to hire him first after ESPN shit-canned him.

Peter Principle accounts for his current standing. But, aggy, right?

That was my thought when I first heard that aggy hired him...wait, wasn't he that dumb chump who was on ESPN about 20 years ago?

Yep.

aggy nailed that hire.

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

So this is a joke then, because there's no such college and certainly not a baseball program?  

Dammit, we should get in on these grifts at the ground floor and scam the stupids.  

"Look here 12th Man Foundation, for just $100,000---we can form an exploratory committee and provide travel for them to go and recruit top coaches from elite programs like DPU, Texas College, Baseball of University, Southwest North Dakota State, and other institutions of acclaim."  

Hey fuckface, I got my masters from Baseball of University. It’s accredited!!*

*in some Central American countries 

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach