Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Possibly.  That number would make sense for the two tonight though.  

Yep, I'd give $3.5m to either of them.  I would not give it to anyone else that we could possibly hire. 

We are going to add $20m to our annual revenue from the SEC TV money.  Fuck yeah, let's reset the market.  We can afford it. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I suspect the whole commitment is going to matter to either of those guys -- salary, NIL, facilities upgrades.  We can match any school on salary, that's trivial.  Not that we'd go crazy, I can imagine just pushing A&M into the Jimbosphere just to fuck with them.  NIL, I don't know how that plays out between the 3 schools.  Facilities, it's been a while for DF, surely we're up for making it a better environment, particularly since we're behind the top SEC attendance figures.

Just now, Revolution512 said:

Heard Schloss required a train outside the fence and a lifetime supply of bubbles.  I’m depressed we couldn’t meet the demands to have an atmosphere that awesome.

Some call it Amtrack but Schloss calls it the train

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep, I'd give $3.5m to either of them.  I would not give it to anyone else that we could possibly hire. 

We are going to add $20m to our annual revenue from the SEC TV money.  Fuck yeah, let's reset the market.  We can afford it. 

And I'd double whatever they currently have for assistants 

I still can't imagine a coach winning a NC and immediately leaving for their bitter rival. That would be wild. Even ignoring the rival part, when was the last time a Big 3 sport HC left after winning a national title (excluding pro jobs). I can't think of a single time.

I wouldn't be surprised if CDC is doing his buddy a solid at ATM's expense and giving Schloss max negotiating leverage.

Also, supposedly Schloss has really been pushing for facilities upgrades at ATM so I suspect that would be a big factor in all this. 

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I still can't imagine a coach winning a NC and immediately leaving for their bitter rival. That would be wild. Even ignoring the rival part, when was the last time a Big 3 sport HC left after winning a national title (excluding pro jobs). I can't think of a single time.

I wouldn't be surprised if CDC is doing his buddy a solid at ATM's expense and giving Schloss max negotiating leverage.

Also, supposedly Schloss has really been pushing for facilities upgrades at ATM so I suspect that would be a big factor in all this. 

Not immediate, but Augie won the CWS in 1995, and we hired him in 1997. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Both coaches have offers on the table, which are:

One offer states unlimited Tacos at Torchys

The other offer is unlimited beard trims and facials. 

It boils down to who agrees to the terms first. Deadline is the final out of today’s game

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Not immediate, but Augie won the CWS in 1995, and we hired him in 1997. 

Yeah but CSF was not our rival. 

If it turns out to be Schloss then this will go down as one of the best dick-slap power moves that UT has ever pulled on those rubes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s not a good coach and would be a massive mistake hire. Lucked into one deep CWS run with Michigan in 2019 and has been riding that success ever since.

Well, there ya go! It's Backich and he'll win four titles here.

18 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Some call it Amtrack but Schloss calls it the train

Something something Jimbo's wife...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

If it turns out to be Schloss then this will go down as one of the best dick-slap power moves that UT has ever pulled on those rubes. 

It's hard to believe it wouldn't be #1.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I don't understand the claims of a stale atmosphere, especially getting into the warmer months and conference schedule. Friday nights are my favorite atmosphere of any of our sports. Intelligent baseball fans that understand the game and get up for the situation, and the situations definitely sometimes call for rowdiness. Not sure what the expectation is; it's baseball. 

Yeah I thought that was a weird complaint too. I go for the baseball, not the bullshit they do for the casual fan.

Edited by wood

12 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

He was just named AD of the year by Sports Business Journal. 
About to be crowned AD of the millennium. Going way back like before Christ and dinosaurs walked the earth.  

Yes, greatest athletic dynasty since indo-european hunter gatherers Bok and Norg dominated at Throw Heavy Thing

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, there's also the possibility that the $3.5M rumor is utter horseshit.

Of all of the stuff that has been flying around lately, $3.5M/year is the one I find the least believable. Unless that is truly what it would take to get Schlossnagle, there's no reason to go anywhere close to that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

He’s not a good coach and would be a massive mistake hire. Lucked into one deep CWS run with Michigan in 2019 and has been riding that success ever since.

Welcome to the 40 Acres, Coach Bakich.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Johnny Majors returned to Tennessee after Pitt won the national championship.

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach