Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

38 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That she’s clever enough to know how to turn her son into a cult hero by telling a story to an angry fan base that wants an enemy.

Shes just secured her family’s legacy to the cult for life. The Chestnuts are now aggy heroes for surviving the reign of mean evil Schloss.

aggy might even honor the Chestnuts with a cup.   

12 hours ago, Dewey said:

Thanks for posting this, great insight to what went down and pretty much like a lot of us thought. 

Brojk liked to spend money and was going to spend big on baseball

Jimbo fucked them 

Trev comes in and says "well, about all that money, if you could raise that yourself, that'd be great. 

Also Trev, if you want to leave, just leave. I did!

CDC smooths in and picks Schloss up. 

Fucking aggys are always gold, comedy gold. 

That’s it in a nutshell that even their media bootlickers at the Houston Chronicle and elsewhere should be able to understand and ask questions themselves of their puppet masters at TexAgs and where ever they house their Athletic Department.    But they won’t.   They would suddenly join the enemy’s list if they dared.   

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

That she’s clever enough to know how to turn her son into a cult hero by telling a story to an angry fan base that wants an enemy.

Shes just secured her family’s legacy to the cult for life. The Chestnuts are now aggy heroes for surviving the reign of mean evil Schloss.

aggy heroes have always been pussies. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Can't stop laughing at Aggies, especially at aggy mom who can't handle the success a coach finally brought to their team. It's like they are allergic to hard work and on field success. No wonder their culture is so engrained in mediocrity.

That kid would be a fucking legend here for that bunt had he been wearing burnt orange - of course we woulda won too. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

There's the operative word

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

You obviously haven’t been to a youth or high school baseball game in the last decade or so..  Baseball Moms are self appointed critics of their Son’s coaches and their mijo (little darling) can’t do anything wrong.   That simple pop fly that gets dropped in the infield?   Coaches  fault.     Looking at a fast ball right down the middle for strike three?   Coaches fault.   And heaven forbid their son gets benched.     The wrath of Satan be put on the coach and school if that happens even if the kid has gone 0-10 at the plate and has several errors in his last few games.  

And not to mention they become cult like and they start hanging around each other and then they team up and blame the teams problems all on the coach. They are also easily identifiable on Facebook especially this time of year with travel ball, aka pay to play ball.      They like to show off their kids with these fake rings and recognition for the pay to play tournaments called “World Series” which are a dime a dozen and cost parents over the years potentially what a good chunk of college tuition would be for their son for a scholarship most likely their kid will NOT get.  

Amy is nothing but a typical Baseball Mom.    

This 110%! I coach HS baseball, the moms are the worst, especially the mijo moms. They love ambushing us after games @ the dug out gate. All of these kids play “travel ball/select” yet they have the worst swings and work ethic I have ever seen. The rings and shit give these kids a sense of “they’re the best around and they are far from it. I have to spend the kid’s freshman/sophomore years correcting bad “travel ball” coaching. The moms also work against you telling their boys things like “don’t listen to your coach about changing your swing, it’s perfect mijo.” I’ve really thought about coaching another spring sport because it’s not worth the hassle. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

This 110%! I coach HS baseball, the moms are the worst, especially the mijo moms. They love ambushing us after games @ the dug out gate. All of these kids play “travel ball/select” yet they have the worst swings and work ethic I have ever seen. The rings and shit give these kids a sense of “they’re the best around and they are far from it. I have to spend the kid’s freshman/sophomore years correcting bad “travel ball” coaching. The moms also work against you telling their boys things like “don’t listen to your coach about changing your swing, it’s perfect mijo.” I’ve really thought about coaching another spring sport because it’s not worth the hassle. 

You have my condolences. Lol! My oldest played high school baseball and I will just say I was not sad when his brother decided not to play high school ball and stick with football and basketball. Four years of seeing these baseball moms was enough and before that in youth league. I’m glad my wife could see the BS too and never became one herself or part of the cult. And it’s savage at my area high school because we are a state power with hardware to show too. Nothing has changed in a decade since my oldest played.

What you said about kids having to be corrected after select ball was why I wasn’t pushy about my youngest playing youth football. The middle school and high school coaches told me the same thing, primarily getting in some of these kids heads they were never going to play QB or RB where their Daddies them playing since age 6. Baseball moms and football dads are almost the same.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

You obviously haven’t been to a youth or high school baseball game in the last decade or so..  Baseball Moms are self appointed critics of their Son’s coaches and their mijo (little darling) can’t do anything wrong.   That simple pop fly that gets dropped in the infield?   Coaches  fault.     Looking at a fast ball right down the middle for strike three?   Coaches fault.   And heaven forbid their son gets benched.     The wrath of Satan be put on the coach and school if that happens even if the kid has gone 0-10 at the plate and has several errors in his last few games.  

And not to mention they become cult like and they start hanging around each other and then they team up and blame the teams problems all on the coach. They are also easily identifiable on Facebook especially this time of year with travel ball, aka pay to play ball.      They like to show off their kids with these fake rings and recognition for the pay to play tournaments called “World Series” which are a dime a dozen and cost parents over the years potentially what a good chunk of college tuition would be for their son for a scholarship most likely their kid will NOT get.  

Amy is nothing but a typical Baseball Mom.    

During our kids’ Little League years, Mrs. Brat worked in the concession stand.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

I really think A&M is about to talk themselves into hiring Michael Earley. They have Kirby Hocutt 2.0 running that athletic department.

Rule #1: Never hire a head coach because it’s what the kids want

Well, Trev and the aggy braintrust can certainly get Early cheap with no HC experience.

More than likely, they can also renege on baseball facility upgrades promised to Schloss. Hell, Schloss' $2.7 MM buy-out may cover at least 3 years of Earley's contract. What a cost-savings...whoop!

Do it, aggy! Your players need a friend coaching them.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

Its objectively probably the best move they have left. Spend the money trying to get the team back and give Texas a game next year plus try to sell Earley to the base as another Vitello. If and when he sucks he will be cheap to fire

Don’t forget “Earley was the real success behind Schloss” narrative that they love to throw out there 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Trev & aggy braintrust can get Early cheap with no HC experience. They can renege on baseball facility upgrades. Hell, Schloss' $2.7 MM buy-out may cover at least 3 years of Earley's contract. What a cost-savings...whoop!

Do it, aggy! Your players need a friend coaching them.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Our athletic department really should buy a vintage gold Trans Am and bring it out for photo ops in times like this.

We could park it next to the Lambos on recruiting weekends, too. Maybe even put a cardboard standup of Eric Dickerson beside it. 

Well, Dickerson never even considered UT so fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 2

LOL, my Mexican wife (no pics) is the 'anti mijo mom', I guess. She's more likely to get on our boys' asses for not taking an extra base when they can, not making the tough play, only going 1 for 3, etc. 

My boys' high school is known as a strong baseball school, but neither one of them ever got a serious look because they weren't playing select ball imho. I believe, and I've also heard things that back me up, that the coach (Coach A) has a sweet deal with a particular select team. Every kid on his team comes from that team unless they are incredible. From what I hear, most coaches' tryouts are at minimum several hours for one day and most are multiple days, several hours a day. Coach A's tryout is about 2 hours, where they take grounders and fly balls, pitch, and hit, but only against the machine, and only like 10-15 pitches. No live hitting. My boys were both cut after that 2 hour session, along with several other very good players, not even given a shot at JV2 as freshmen or sophomores. Then the varsity coach at the rival school nextdoor, Coach B, actively and illegally afaik recruited both of them to transfer & play on his varsity team. They declined, because they didn't want to transfer, but they play RBI now with Coach B's varsity kids from the neighboring school, and are in the top 5 out there. One is one of the top pitchers, and the other is the best hitter and also pitches, on a team of varsity and JV kids, despite their relative lack of travel ball experience. The younger one worked out over the winter with a team that has several senior kids headed to play college ball, and he's one of the better players, but Coach A has no time for him and others like him.

Some of you might know who Coach A is, just based on my description of him. 

I really appreciate the good coaches out there who love the game, can spot inexperienced talent, and are willing to take time to coach those kids up and see what they can become. Sadly, it seems like some HS coaches these days don't really want to do that much coaching at all, even when a kid has obvious talent, and will go with mediocre talent from a 'select' take-your-money team over a kid with obvious talent who didn't play 50-100 games a year in select ball ring tournaments. /csb

Edited by wood
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

"my son has thick skin" 

One's skin gets thick when they have to put up with everyone calling your mom a cunt Karen your whole life, which he probably has had to do. How sad. 

OMG he made my kid bunt! - I can hear Augie laughing from his grave. 

This is the equivalent of a mom bringing her 15-18 year old kid into the athletic training room to see me for an injury and saying “we know something is wrong, cause as you know, his pain tolerance is the through the roof.”  

the tell tell sign of a kid being a labia  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Our athletic department really should buy a vintage gold Trans Am and bring it out for photo ops in times like this.

We could park it next to the Lambos on recruiting weekends, too. Maybe even put a cardboard standup of Eric Dickerson beside it. 

The 17 year old recruits would totally get the joke. 

• Haha 3

Then you have 'Hardass Mom'. Me and my buddy coached her kid one summer. He was very athletic, but would do weird things mechanically at the plate, and we'd try to work on it. He'd say 'That's what the private coach my mom hired wants me to do'. Oh, sorry. Fuck me then. He could also throw gas ... until he couldn't. One day he was pitching a little for us in practice. He had no zip, couldn't locate anything & looked like he was hurting. We stopped him and asked what was up. 'Are you hurt? Cause you look hurt'. 'I'm fine, coach. I'm just tired'. Turns out he was on another team, pitching half of their games, and pitching at home with a different private coach, then coming out to pitch with us, where we monitor pitch counts closely, etc. No fucking wonder he was tired. Then just straight up asked him where it hurts. My elbow, & sometimes my shoulder, but I'll be ok. We shut his throwing down and went to Mom, a tough girl sherriff's deputy, about it after practice. Her response 'He can play through it'. Yeah, we'll just rub some dirt on it. Bitch. We told her he needed rest and probably needed to be checked out before throwing any more. 'I'll think about it'.

The kid was a worker, and tough, too ... probably because he had to be, in that family ... but he flamed out of baseball pretty soon after that. I think he still plays football. /csb

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, royiv said:

The 17 year old recruits would totally get the joke. 

We “olds” would totally get it though.   I was all for Schloss showing up at  the Press Conference in one.   Hell it would’ve even more savage for CDC to have met Schloss at his home to pick up in one.    

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, Balcones said:

So the entire time Earley has been a coach at Texas he has been negotiating a contract with A&M and recruiting players to play at A&M? Isn’t this a criminal offense? Any lawyers in here? 

He has a burner phone. I seen it, well...I actually didn't, but I heard from someone that they read about it on the internet.

• Hook 'Em 2