Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

One thing I hate about aggy is the total lack of originality.  Anyone who has been paying attention to them for any amount of time could tell you how they were gonna react with near 100% confidence.

At least when CDC stole Beard away from Tech we had a TT fan warn Beard that he better not ever show his face north of Sweetwater.  Which imo is still an all-time take. It's perfect. There's no fat on that line.  Never heard that⁸ before and likely never again. 

My kingdom for some aggy to tell Schloss that if he knew what was good for him he better not go east of Dime Box. 

But no.  It's just conspiracy BS, various lawyering, death threats and anger.

No imagination. Fuckin amateurs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

One thing I hate about aggy is the total lack of originality.  Anyone who has been paying attention to them for any amount of time could tell you how they were gonna react with near 100% confidence.

At least when CDC stole Beard away from Tech we had a TT fan warn Beard that he better not ever show his face north of Sweetwater.  Which imo is still an all-time take. It's perfect. There's no fat on that line.  Never heard that⁸ before and likely never again. 

My kingdom for some aggy to tell Schloss that if he knew what was good for him he better not go east of Dime Box. 

But no.  It's just conspiracy BS, various lawyering, death threats and anger.

No imagination. Fuckin amateurs.

Having been to Sweetwater to call TXHSFB games, I can't imagine why anyone would go there or most towns north of it.

Rattlesnake Round-Ups?

Just so’s I’m caught up with aggy athletics:

football:  jimbo coddled his players and had to go. Elko coaches them hard and that makes them great. He’s the perfect fit. 

6 months later 

baseball:  schloss coaches his players too hard and it’s good that he’s gone.  “New coach here” will protect his players and make them great. He’s the perfect fit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

y’all have got me invested in this

Keeping every player in the portal. Are they just using the buyout money to directly pay these players to stay and save face…and show that they were all true aggies who would never follow that mean ol coach to TU. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Having been to Sweetwater to call TXHSFB games, I can't imagine why anyone would go there or most towns north of it.

Rattlesnake Round-Ups?

Can confirm, my grandmother lived in Snyder for many years.  Used to drive out that way twice a year as a family to visit from Houston.

Not a lot there but oil wells and tumbleweeds.  Great place to take lots of naps, because there's nothing else to do.

The funniest part of all of this is that Trev Alberts will come out of this as some type of folk hero with aggy fans. When reality is this is a next level fuck up to lose a coach like Schloss and then pull off a David Pierce level coaching search where you end up with your 5th or 6th choice as a replacement. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The funniest part of all of this is that Trev Alberts will come out of this as some type of folk hero with aggy fans. When reality is this is a next level fuck up to lose a coach like Schloss and then pull off a David Pierce level coaching search where you end up with your 5th or 6th choice as a replacement. 

eric cartman GIF by South Park

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

O’Connor, Heefner, Skip, and now Walter. They’re still going to try and convince themselves they wanted Earley from the start. 

Bakich and O'Sullivan were likely on their list too, but neither were likely to interview.

It does seem like Early might be the guy that  they try to hire in hopes of keeping a lot of their current players on the roster...  

Just now, David Dennison said:

If they hire Earley, there is no way to spin it. They got turned down by every head coach they wanted.

So they hired an assistant with no experience.

Sick burn, aggy.

An assistant with no integrity and a burner phone that Schloss forced to the Austin press conference against his will, probably at gunpoint

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

y’all have got me invested in this

Posted that on the aggy recruiting page.

WTH?

Weird. Stopper of the yr gonna be giving a lot of money away + he has used 4 yrs of eligibility between Blinn and aggy already. He's older (23), does he qualify for a covid yr?

Kendall and Ryan sticking their finger in the dike (dam not chick).

Edited by BillyGoatHill

42 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Looch has apparently reported that the Wake Forest coach turned them down is no longer a candidate.

So they're down to Earley, and, well...

image.png.85ef4c3158cc45b6ad138874e8ff3304.png

I think we can all read between the lines and discern that the other candidates are Dave Roberts, Bruce Bochy, Craig Counsell, Buck Showalter, and Tony LaRussa.  Aaron Boone's buyout is considered to be too large to justify, in spite of Boone's interest in College Station.  

He’s coming, he’s coming, he’s coming 

image.thumb.png.928a557b952dc98bfb751fe5acc9877d.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

15 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I mean Alabama is one of the worst SEC jobs there is in baseball. If they can't pull that one off it's pretty bad. 

Why would Vaughn leave Bama for aggy unless they money-whipped him severely?

Why does aggy think he's a top candidate after only one year at Bama? Gotta hire another SEC corch?

• Hook 'Em 1