Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

16 hours ago, royiv said:

The 17 year old recruits would totally get the joke. 

I don’t mean it to be directed at 17 year old kids. I mean it as a middle finger to schools like a&m who were blatantly buying players then…while we can blatantly buy players legally now.

We line up the Lambos (legal) and the illegal Trans Am like they used. Just an F you because we can. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Earley to aggy as head coach would be a great move for him. The more aggy strikes out on coaches, the more he can demand. Be the big splash aggy wants as a "Take that Texas" but he gets some of that improvement money. I'm talking he needs to be in top 5 of head coach money for this crap. I think he can get it.

He also keeps his young family at current location for another 5 years minimum. He eliminates the never been a head coach tag. If things don't work out the kids will be old enough to move elsewhere and he's built a better resume and bank account. He's young and can recover from almost any disaster at that place. Hell, he may even win something. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Now they all think they are waiting to announce it to take thunder away from us joining the SEC.  Lol.  Clowns.  Even if they did it for that reason, nobody would care.  Especially if it ends up being Earley.  "Hey we got you good, we stole our old coaches' assistant from you.  Hahahaha"

Edited by chemHORN

18 hours ago, Balcones said:

Don’t let certain 2b mom’s or Pitcher dad’s see this Augie video.  

I just sent this to my sons. The part about how focus and intensity and being your best translates to everything in life is so FUCKING IT. Told my boys I’m demanding of you because I love you and I said if I could say it better I would say it like Augie but not so mad. Augie is probably one of my top 3 (maybe all time top) for sage life advice through the analogy of sports. 

Btw where is that clip from? Isn’t there a doc about Augie or am I making that up? 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think this was a situation where plan A (hire a top coach, the guy Texas would have hired if they couldn’t get Schlossnagle) failed, so they had to go to plan B (try for continuity with his assistant). 

Question - was Earley Schloss’ top assistant?

Note- these hires can and have worked, although the successes have almost exclusively been when the departing coach set it up for his top lieutenant, and gave his blessing. 

Edited by statsman

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

I think this was a situation where plan A (hire a top coach, the guy Texas would have hired if they couldn’t get Schlossnagle) failed, so they had to go to plan B (try for continuity with his assistant). 

Question - was Earley Schloss’ top assistant?

Note- these hires can and have worked, although the successes have almost exclusively been when the departing coach set it up for his top lieutenant, and gave his blessing. 

No, Cain was and is Schloss' associate head coach. 

From what I've read, Earley is the "good cop" who all the aggy players like and leaned on after Schloss hurt their pussy feelings. As their hitting coach, you can make the argument he was the #3 assistant behind Weiner.

My first semester at UT, a statics professor defined an Engineer, "To do with one dollar what any Aggie can do with two." 

It always cracked me up when professors would take shots at A&M, doing it in a most professional/collegial manner.

We had a decision/risk professor who'd say, "...so you tell Mr. Smith you're going to model the risk/uncertainty by building probability distributions into the pro forma and then running a Monte Carlo simulation to approximate the outcomes...of course, he went to A&M, so he doesn't know what you're talking about...but anyway..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

No, Cain was and is Schloss' associate head coach. 

From what I've read, Earley is the "good cop" who all the aggy players like and leaned on after Schloss hurt their pussy feelings. As their hitting coach, you can make the argument he was the #3 assistant behind Weiner.

With today’s kids you kinda need that though. 

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

True, but now he's gotta be the bad guy as the boss.

Don’t give a fuck about that I meant for Texas make sure you got the care bear on the staff too. To be clear I think that’s horseshit. But hey, kids these days. They need hugs and shout outs for their mom’s shitty title company.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Is this another situation in which Texags told the a&m athletic department what to do?

The fact this guy has so much pull in Collie Station is why they are the Titanic about to hit the iceberg right now.  Or have they already hit it and the ship is sinking but they don’t know it yet? 

IMG_1045.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

Don’t give a fuck about that I meant for Texas make sure you got the care bear on the staff too. To be clear I think that’s horseshit. But hey, kids these days. They need hugs and shout outs for their mom’s shitty title company.

Agreed

I think all assistant coaches fill that role at one time or another.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

they actually think they scored a big coup and showed us who is boss?

You thought you stole our entire coaching staff but we actually kept our #3 assistant by promoting him to a role he's entirely unqualified for because we don't have the money to pull a proven guy, you stupid sip

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, WBT said:

You thought you stole our entire coaching staff but we actually kept our #3 assistant by promoting him to a role he's entirely unqualified for because we don't have the money to pull a proven guy, you stupid sip

Stupid sip

Baseball is more about the players! Coachin' don't mean nuthin'! Anybody can fill out a line-up card!

Just now, D3zii said:

WAIT A MIN!!!!! SO THEYRE STEALING OUR COACH!!!!!!!

FUCKING SLEEZEBAGS!!!!!! 

ON THE DAY IF OUR INAUGURATION INTO THE SEC. THOSE PUSSIES!!!! 

Who's gonna file the FOIA requests??? Did Earley use his new, UT-issued cell phone to consummate this deal???

Lawyers?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

And he has more job security than any coach in the country because they cannot afford to fire him.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

And he has more job security than any coach in the country because they cannot afford to fire him.  

Yeah it's a fantastic gig for him, as long as he can put up with all the extracurricular ag crap.  Some coaches are better than others at doing it.  But ultimately, that's what the money's for.