Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

So for a program who claims they have surpassed Texas even though they have no national championships, they had to hire an #3 assistant coach instead of a proven sitting P4 head coach?

They sure pivoted hard from GETTING OCONNOR/VITELLO/HEEFNER/SKIP to this. None of those guys wanted to go to aggy, work for Alberts or do the stupid bullshit aggy traditions 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Hook1997 said:

Paid a lot of money to keep this years team mostly together probably but long term….  We will see.  

The thing about texags narratives is that they often don't pan out.  We'll see how many guys actually stick around.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm really interested to see if Reveille and Earley have a natural bond and if Earley willingly reaches out. Reveille is a huge part of our university and our athletics programs so if she has an instant affinity for Coach Earley, I think that will speak volumes to our recruits. If anyone could, please take and post video of their initial encounter. Any still shots of Coach Earley petting Rev would also be appreciated - would prefer if taken from side so I can see as much as possible of both their faces.

Too late

image.png.0b7182a05fb8d3719ecb1b1a4ef4c1d4.png

• Like 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

I finally bothered to look up this guys resume.  They hired a guy with 7 years total coaching experience all as a hitting coach.  Holy shit.  I mean, he might work out.

Stupid sip, he’s clearly the next Vitello 

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I finally bothered to look up this guys resume.  They hired a guy with 7 years total coaching experience all as a hitting coach.  Holy shit.  I mean, he might work out.

IDK

Compare his resume with Tony Vitello's. I think he was just a hitting coach before Tennessee hired him, but I'm not curious enough to look it up. All I know is we hired the best HC in TCU and A&M's history.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

IDK

Compare his resume with Tony Vitello's. I think he was just a hitting coach before Tennessee hired him, but I'm not curious enough to look it up. All I know is we hired the best HC in TCU and A&M's history.

Vitello had 14 yrs of power 5 coaching experience before the Tenn job

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pretty sure the P5 coach being hyped up as coming on as an assistant is Jason Kelly at Washington. Was the pitching coach at ASU with Earley and spent a year at LSU before getting the head gig at Washington.

Putting the ASU staff that never won a regional back together.

20 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pretty sure the P5 coach being hyped up as coming on as an assistant is Jason Kelly at Washington. Was the pitching coach at ASU with Earley and spent a year at LSU before getting the head gig at Washington.

He has been kind of a disaster as a head coach, so I could see that happening.  

So, we hired their head coach and they turned around and hired one of our assistants. 

Sick burn. 

They are now on the phone, trying to convince the SEC Network to break into their UT Day coverage this afternoon to show their press conference, I'm sure. That way they can spin it as a win over us in the news cycle.

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Redneck Mutha said:

And what the hell is it them with hiring former aggy assistants?  Buzz, Melk, and now Earley all brought back to Collieville. 

At least Buzz had some success as a head coach, Melk a couple years running a program.  Earley just a couple years under a winner.

We should applaud aggy for their P5 head coaching jobs program.

1 minute ago, Redneck Mutha said:

And what the hell is it them with hiring former aggy assistants?  Buzz, Melk, and now Earley all brought back to Collieville. 

At least Buzz had some success as a head coach, Melk a couple years running a program.  Earley just a couple years under a winner.

Because nobody outside of that shithole wants to be there.