Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

Not even a shot at Earley because he is a really good recruiter and coach but this is nothing more than a mosquito bite, minor annoyance.

Will be interesting to see who Schloss targets as a replacement. Tons of young guys out there like Jon Littell at Austin Peay who have a bright future ahead of them.

8 minutes ago, chase25 said:

My how the turn tables, Tennessee fans were all “we got you bro” with A&M fans just to have them offering free handies to Vitello behind their back. Where is the Aggie honor code for Christ sake???

So just like we all thought, everybody in the country said Hell No, I don’t care how much money you’re giving me, No.

Then Aggy said, Fuck it…see if Earley will take it.

26 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wow...I had no idea Earley was just a volunteer coach last year. I can't wait to see the terms of his new contract.

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

20% off at the Dixie Chicken, and he has to buy them a new deep fryer if he leaves for another job in the next five years.

Brauny gets to host every other holiday and is invited to every milestone for the Earley kids 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Wow...I had no idea Earley was just a volunteer coach last year. I can't wait to see the terms of his new contract.

Mizzou's coach was the lowest-paid coach in the SEC last year at $675K, so you know they'll pay him more than that, just so they can say they're not last.

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

And what the hell is it them with hiring former aggy assistants?  Buzz, Melk, and now Earley all brought back to Collieville. 

At least Buzz had some success as a head coach, Melk a couple years running a program.  Earley just a couple years under a winner.

Don’t stop there. Slocum, Sumlin, Sherman, Mark Johnson…..casting wide nets

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Man, if Schloss cleans their clocks this next year and sweeps the series, can you imagine the meltdown.  

No meltdown because they will be able to fallback on their most trusted of excuses. Next Year our coach will be more experienced and it will be at our place.

Edited by DanTheHorn

28 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

No, he was cleared of all wrongdoing by the interview/investigation.

Trev: Coach Earley, did you have discussions with Coach Schloss about leaving Aggieland to go be the sip head coach prior to the announcement?

Earley: Yes

Trev: Well that is not good.  Ok, and when the announcement came out, did you follow Coach Schloss to sip and in fact sign a contract to be a sip coach and get your picture taken wearing sip orange?

Trev: Strike two.  My final question....are you a living breathing human being who is willing to be the Fightin' Texas Aggie head baseball coach and live in College Station Texas?

Trev: You're hired!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Yesh said:

Trev: Coach Earley, did you have discussions with Coach Schloss about leaving Aggieland to go be the sip head coach prior to the announcement?

Trev: Well that is not good.  Ok, and when the announcement came out, did you follow Coach Schloss to sip and in fact sign a contract to be a sip coach and get your picture taken wearing sip orange?

Trev: Strike two.  My final question....are you a living breathing human being who is willing to be the Fightin' Texas Aggie head baseball coach and live in College Station Texas?

Trev: You're hired!

You left out the part where Earley agrees to do it for the SEC minimum salary.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Holy cow they are really really excited and think they did a huge diss to us by hiring a guy who was working for free a year ago..   

Complete clown show (Jimbo buyout, turn Stoops plane around after texags meltdown, Texas takes their coach, etc.)

Claim there are multiple NFL/MLB coaches interested

Claim there are multiple D1 coaches interested

Every coach turns them down/won’t return their calls 

Stories now surface that ex-coach was a horrible human being and butthurt players claim feelings were hurt (but wasn’t the case when aggy hired them)

End up with drastically underqualified hire, dictated by Looch, who coached at aggy, who “gets” aggy, who is the only one who would take the job

Coach so overweight can only wear mumus (not always the case but give it time)

Pravda (texags.com) spins this as the greatest hire possible and that this was their #1 choice all along and this coach “gets” aggy and the wins will just pile up

World laughs at aggy incompetence/delusion

Losses pile up

Rinse, repeat (coming soon to a basketball coaching search near college station) 

IMG_0195.jpeg.fb278172ea149cfa8d23aca9b3c715ee.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Complete clown show (Jimbo buyout, turn Stoops plane around after texags meltdown, Texas takes their coach, etc.)

Claim there are multiple NFL/MLB coaches interested

Claim there are multiple D1 coaches interested

Every coach turns them down/won’t return their calls 

Stories now surface that ex-coach was a horrible human being and butthurt players claim feelings were hurt (but wasn’t the case when aggy hired them)

End up with drastically underqualified hire, dictated by Looch, who coached at aggy, who “gets” aggy, who is the only one who would take the job

Coach so overweight can only wear mumus (not always the case but give it time)

Pravda (texags.com) spins this as the greatest hire possible and that this was their #1 choice all along and this coach “gets” aggy and the wins will just pile up

World laughs at aggy incompetence/delusion

Losses pile up

Rinse, repeat (coming soon to a basketball coaching search near college station) 

IMG_0195.jpeg.fb278172ea149cfa8d23aca9b3c715ee.jpeg

* Alberts hire

• Hook 'Em 3

SIAP but has it been reported/confirmed that Weiner is staying at UT and not going back with Earley?

One thing in ATM's favor with this hire - it does give them a chance at a NC next year by keeping the roster together. From that standpoint, it's not a terrible dice roll which they can bail out of within a couple years. But beyond next year, I'd be disappointed if I were an ATM fan.

• Haha 3