Schlossed and confused: Texas A&M searches for a new coach

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

One thing in ATM's favor with this hire - it does give them a chance at a NC next year by keeping the roster together.

I'm skeptical how much they will keep their roster together.  They probably would have had guys poached away had Schloss stayed.  We shall see.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

SIAP but has it been reported/confirmed that Weiner is staying at UT and not going back with Earley?

One thing in ATM's favor with this hire - it does give them a chance at a NC next year by keeping the roster together. From that standpoint, it's not a terrible dice roll which they can bail out of within a couple years. But beyond next year, I'd be disappointed if I were an ATM fan.

Has a rookie head coach ever won the CWS?

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Looch goes on a 30 minute rant about how they have make a home run hire on Wednesday.

Brauny goes on a diatribe about how big time coaches have already reached out to him about the job. Also on Wednesday.

On Sunday they hire Schloss’ assistant coach. Never change TexAgs/aggy. 

Home run?  More like a sac bunt …

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

WAIT A MIN!!!!! SO THEYRE STEALING OUR COACH!!!!!!!

Didn't he meet with the team already?  There are screenshots and recordings of him drawing maps to Olsen field on the back of burner-napkins.  I've seen screenshots.  Well, I've heard someone has screenshots.   er, there might be screenshots.  there was a phone with a screen.    Someone said there was a screen door on Early's childhood home. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

SIAP but has it been reported/confirmed that Weiner is staying at UT and not going back with Earley?

One thing in ATM's favor with this hire - it does give them a chance at a NC next year by keeping the roster together. From that standpoint, it's not a terrible dice roll which they can bail out of within a couple years. But beyond next year, I'd be disappointed if I were an ATM fan.

Yes, it's a band-aid attempt to keep their existing roster together since they struck out on experienced HCs. I doubt Weiner will abandon Schloss or that aggy will pay him more than UT for the same role. But, I guess we'll see.

Earley is high risk, but cost-effective for aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If the rumor that Tulo is staying is true, that will be a chef's kiss.

Earley ironically becomes a fan favorite by exiting stage right and creates a spot for Tulo. From inexperienced volunteer coach to Head Coach in a week: Earley gets the worm.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I’m not saying I’m Tulo. But I’m also not not saying I’m Tulo.

Situation played out like Schloss and Tulo had an understanding.

They understood aggy would probably strike out on an experienced HC and Earley would readily accept the job and stay put in Collie Station.

• Like 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

I mean, stealing aggy’s entire staff was funny but I’m fairly certain that finding a spot for Tulo on Schloss’s staff was the dream scenario for every Longhorn fan when the rumors started.

Yes and aggy ending up with a rookie HC they trashed days ago just to keep the roster intact AND we keep Tulo, Cain and Weiner is the better scenario 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I mean, stealing aggy’s entire staff was funny but I’m fairly certain that finding a spot for Tulo on Schloss’s staff was the dream scenario for every Longhorn fan when the rumors started.

The A Team 80S GIF

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Yes and aggy ending up with a rookie HC they trashed days ago just to keep the roster intact AND we keep Tulo, Cain and Weiner is the better scenario 

bUt We GoT oUr GuY sTuPiD sIp!

• Hook 'Em 1