Schlossed and confused: When panic leads to an Earley hire

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

It’s both hard to believe and imminently believable that TAMU can do the following in the space of a week:

1) Win more games in Omaha than they’ve won in the entire history of their program.

2) get to within one out and one error of tying/beating the favorite and bringing home their first Big 3 championship since Hitler.

3) be openly cucked by UT the next day and lose their best coach ever.

4) spin losing that coach as a positive because of his “lack of character.”

5) conduct a nationwide search and hire a guy that was an unpaid assistant two years ago, and spin that as an upgrade over their best coach in 84 years.

6) give their chancellor a golden handshake, plaudits, and year-long goodby tour when he is responsible for all of the above, plus strapping the athletic department through an insane contract extension for, and subsequent firing of, Jimbo. 

Never change, Aggies. From the outside, we truly can’t understand it. 

1) Uhh they won 3 games in Omaha this year.  2 in 2022, 1 in 1993, and 1 in 1951 for 4 total wins so definitely not more than their entire history ;-)

2) They were 7 outs away from sweeping the tournament which hasn't been done since UCLA in 2013

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

1) Uhh they won 3 games in Omaha this year.  2 in 2022, 1 in 1993, and 1 in 1951 for 4 total wins so definitely not more than their entire history 😉

2) They were 7 outs away from sweeping the tournament which hasn't been done since UCLA in 2013

They won 4 this year, didn’t they?  3-2 vs Florida; 5-1 vs KY; 6-0 vs Fla; 9-5 vs UTenn. Maybe I miscounted one?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

They won 4 this year, didn’t they?  3-2 vs Florida; 5-1 vs KY; 6-0 vs Fla; 9-5 vs UTenn. Maybe I miscounted one?

You are right they equaled their prior win total in one year from their entire program history twice in three years!  I stand corrected

Edited by Pimphand
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Can somebody explain to me why they wanted Washington's head coach as the pitching coach?

ERA by team: 

Washington '24 (#120---5.78)

Washington'23 (#90---5.37)

LSU '22 (#36---4.32)

Arizona State '21 (#147---5.28)

Arizona State '20 (#85---3.56)

Washington '19 (#100---4.49)

Washington '18 (#50---3.81)

That's as far as I want to go back. He hasn't produced a top 35 pitching staff in 7 years and maybe never if you look at his entire history. This is a mediocre hire at best. 

You left out the most important part of his resume:

image.thumb.png.ff129c08ba2937959d2219c701836e38.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

• immamac changed the title to Schlossed and confused: When panic leads to an Earley hire