Schlossed and confused: When panic leads to an Earley hire

On 7/3/2024 at 10:32 PM, MIkeHoncho said:

This is classic aggy.  They made it to the final game last year.  Bringing back a lot of the same players, but a very different coaching staff.  Based solely on the players being older, they will get better than last year.  All other teams will either regress or stay the same.  Only aggy improves. 

image.gif.9eadb47e2bcf5e6118012a9979ad38a3.gif

18 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Eh. The whole thing there is either they're getting paid, they've turned into RealAggy, or they believe being there will give them a better opportunity to get to the Show

They got to Omaha because of Schloss…plain and simple.  He built that team, had good supporting assistants and the players produced…and a little luck.  It’ll take more than the players to duplicate this year’s run.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Ags on twitter are truly convinced Earley was the developer and the reason they improved so dramatically the past 3 years. The cope is so glorious 

It’s crazy. Why would anyone think the 3rd assistant with the least amount of experience was the one coordinating anything?  Fact is he was the ‘good cop’ on the staff. No surprise the players liked him. Means nothing when it comes to his ability to run a team. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It’s crazy. Why would anyone think the 3rd assistant with the least amount of experience was the one coordinating anything?  Fact is he was the ‘good cop’ on the staff. No surprise the players liked him. Means nothing when it comes to his ability to run a team. 

The assistant they're really going to miss is Weiner. They have talent on their pitching staff but I don't think they have incredible talent. Certainly not #4 in team ERA type talent. 

Jason Kelly is a big drop off from Weiner. Weiner did an incredible job with that pitching staff last year and I was skeptical of that hire. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Some people just want to run a bible & baseball camp at a school that gives them complete free rein, and that's ok.

DBU ought to be pretty stress-free relative to SEC coaching. There's something to be said for lack of stress in one's life. Also, Dan doesn't have to move from Dallas to CS, but I'm probably being redundant now.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2024 at 8:04 AM, texifornia said:

Some people just want to run a bible & baseball camp at a school that gives them complete free rein, and that's ok.

Some people want to just make stuff up for views on the internet/social media.  No way A&M offered anyone near that amount of money.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NorCal MooseHerd said:

Ryan Prager just announced he was returning to A&M, very surprised to see him decide not to go pro.  Very surprised to see many of the players returning

His NIL package is HUGE.  Had great leverage vs the Angels in negotiations. 

42 minutes ago, NorCal MooseHerd said:

When you say Huge?  What are we talking about in baseball?  6 figures?

Well into 6 

I’ll say this: The second I saw the number, I thought coming back was a legit option. I don’t know anything about the conversation w/ the Angels, but my guess from the beginning was he wouldn’t be thrilled about going there.