Schlossed and confused: When panic leads to an Earley hire

23 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I was reading the Nebraska boards and apparently he's a major asshole. The Schloss news came as no surprise to them. Their descriptions of Alberts sounds a lot like Steve Patterson. 

Well, they have a history of not listening to what previous employers have to say about someone they've set their eye on.

1683316503148?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=vzyt

But why should they?  As is a known fact that the personal weaknesses of even the most wretched scum will dissipate once they're imbued with the spirit of aggyland.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Well, they have a history of not listening to what previous employers have to say about someone they've set their eye on.

1683316503148?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=vzyt

But why should they?  As is a known fact that the personal weaknesses of even the most wretched scum will dissipate once they're imbued with the spirit of aggyland.  

image.png.2d1faf0dc2cfa232b5b995467440b9d1.png

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Js1 said:

As soon as all those played jumped in, they had to go with Earley. Just to salvage next year. It will bite them in the ass when they’re all gone and they can’t pony up the same mid six figure NILs to other players 

Going to be amazing when they don’t go as far

• Hook 'Em 3

It will be interesting to see it play out. Considering they are running it back largely with the same lineup the coaching job will be noticeable year over year.

I heard today that the NIL pool for A&M baseball increased to over $2 million. That is in LSU territory. About half of that probably went to Laviolette, Grahovac and Sorrell, but still.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Interesting to see it play out. Running it back largely w/same lineup coaching job will be noticeable yr over yr.  Heard today that NIL pool for A&M baseball increased to over $2 million. That is in LSU territory. About half of that probably went to Laviolette, Grahovac and Sorrell, but still.

Guess the Schloss buyout money went straight to aggy baseball NIL for 2025 season.  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

In Pensacola for a family vacation, checked out a Wahoos game tonight with the fam. Sunburnt as shit and wore my Texas baseball jersey because it’s sexy and fits loose, 4 times while walking around had some form of aggy ask me if I felt shame for stealing a coach and being what’s wrong with college sports. I laughed and said if I’m what’s wrong then we have bigger problems. Dorks all of them, but the stadium is nice haven’t been back since I was stationed at NAS 16 years ago

I've never watched Finebaum on purpose and I've never thought about quoting him, but he said something amusing the other day and he's the ags favorite on espn: Actually, bro, it's so SEC.  “It screams SEC,” Finebaum says amid Sunday’s festivities...“We are going to body bag our biggest rival immediately after their glory moment by hiring their baseball coach. It’s so SEC.”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don't think it works that way since athletic department money can't be used for NIL (yet), but yeah, last week got a lot of people angry and ready to donate.

Oh they will probably just use some creative aggy accounting to get that Schloss buyout money over to their NIL baseball bucket...

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

Because they got their players (at least the majority) back, plus “their guy” they are already penciling themselves back at Omaha with their new “buddies” from the other UT.
Baseball is a very fickle game. Or as Augie, loved to say, “a cruel mistress”.
They have the players, but the pressure is heavily weighed on them to do next year what they did this year. Lots of responsibility for a guy two years out from being an unpaid assistant.
We wanted their coach, which we got plus 2/3 of his staff and Tulo back. We even now have a PITCHING coach. Wasn’t expecting any of their players once Early went back. We need a little help from the draft (players dropping) and a bit from the portal and things will be good for 2025.
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

As soon as all those played jumped in, they had to go with Earley. Just to salvage next year. It will bite them in the ass when they’re all gone and they can’t pony up the same mid six figure NILs to other players 

41 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Surely large downgrades at every coaching position won’t matter

Once these players learn they'll be under a staff of questionable developmental skills, it will be harder to recruit from HS and the Portal.  They won't have enough NIL to make up for that.  UT is going through that a bit with the new DL coach not having many skins on the wall to point to.  Multiply that by the entire staff, and that's what will end up biting them in the ass.  

However, once these guys are gone, so is Earley, I would bet.  

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

It will be interesting to see it play out. Considering they are running it back largely with the same lineup the coaching job will be noticeable year over year.

I heard today that the NIL pool for A&M baseball increased to over $2 million. That is in LSU territory. About half of that probably went to Laviolette, Grahovac and Sorrell, but still.

Are all of their pitchers back too?

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

If you trust FCB

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Once these players learn they'll be under a staff of questionable developmental skills, it will be harder to recruit from HS and the Portal.  They won't have enough NIL to make up for that.  UT is going through that a bit with the new DL coach not having many skins on the wall to point to.  Multiply that by the entire staff, and that's what will end up biting them in the ass.  

However, once these guys are gone, so is Earley, I would bet.  

Well, ignorance is bliss.

22 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

I still can't believe the big goober left his alma mater for Collie Station.

Unless he pissed off a lot of people at UNL, which is plausible. If not, he'll wish he stayed put soon.

I’m still trying to figure out why aggy hired him.  Even in his bio aggy has on their website.  Other than fundraising for Nebraska’s stadium renovation and getting rid Nebraska-Omaha’s football program to comply to Title IX , nothing shows he was a knock out hire.      I guess his hire of Matt Rhule will show fruit this season if it follows how Rhule did at Baylor.   

19 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I’m still trying to figure out why aggy hired him.  Even in his bio aggy has on their website.  Other than fundraising for Nebraska’s stadium renovation and getting rid Nebraska-Omaha’s football program to comply to Title IX , nothing shows he was a knock out hire.      I guess his hire of Matt Rhule will show fruit this season if it follows how Rhule did at Baylor.   

He was hired bc the department needed to make cuts to afford Jimbo’s buyout and he had a history of being an MBA bro who wasn’t afraid to do what it takes to save money 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

16 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

They have the players, but the pressure is heavily weighed on them to do next year what they did this year. Lots of responsibility for a guy two years out from being an unpaid assistant.

11 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

This is classic aggy.  They made it to the final game last year.  Bringing back a lot of the same players, but a very different coaching staff.  Based solely on the players being older, they will get better than last year.

Guys, the coaching will take care of itself. Just let the players run the coaching search and the season. They’ll be much better than the swinger, traitor Schloss. Just wait and see. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, chase25 said:

Not going to lie, seeing Caleb Longley in maroon hurts

Eh. The whole thing there is either they're getting paid, they've turned into RealAggy, or they believe being there will give them a better opportunity to get to the Show.

Some or all of that. In any event, goodbye and good luck to them. They're gonna need it.

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

He was hired bc the department needed to make cuts to afford Jimbo’s buyout and he had a history of being an MBA bro who wasn’t afraid to do what it takes to save money 

Yeah, this is pretty much the description from the Nebraska boards. He's a MBA bro that thinks being an AD is all about saving money. 

He's Steve Patterson 2.0. 

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah, this is pretty much the description from the Nebraska boards. He's a MBA bro that thinks being an AD is all about saving money. 

He's Steve Patterson 2.0. 

If that’s the case, I can’t think of another place better for Trev.   If a guy with a jet pack shows up for pre game at Collie Station for their opener against, indeed he is Steve Paterson 2.0.  

Trev is a bean counter. When the ones who can make your organization great leave, you're going to get bean counters who don't understand where the beans come from, and it doesn't matter whether they can actually count beans or not...  you're on the road to becoming Boeing.

Welcome to College Station, Trev. 

Which aisle gas the popcorn?

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2024 at 11:30 PM, petscii said:

Are we really lamenting the "loss" of aggies on our fucking baseball team? 

Replace "aggies" with "mercs" that just happened to play in BCS and, yes, we're lamenting that "loss".

34 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

True, but you don't shit-can personnel who are important to the teams' head coaches without consulting them first.

You do is you want them to leave so you can hire a [/s]cheap replacement the real key to their success you stupid sip