Cowboys Legend Larry Allen, Dead at 52

18 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

RIP to one of the best ever.  Freak of nature  

ran down a fucking rookie LB !!!!

#beast

like many here, he was a huge part of cowboy teams we idolized !!!!!

RiP Big guy. You’ll always be a Cowboy legend. Gone too soon 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Cowboys Legend Larry Allen, Dead at 52

Wow, talk about unexpected news.  

One of my favorite Cowboys of all time.  

Not only a great player, but seemingly a good guy as well.  He overcame a lot, but never gave up on himself.  Ultimately used his gifts to make a better life for him and his family... didn't his son go to Harvard?

Meanest O-lineman ever, and one of the best to ever do it. He's from the era when I was growing up a Boys fan, (thanks to my dad) but sadly I lost the lovin feelin a few years back thanks to Jerrah.

RIP Larry, memories live on.

Edit- seems he managed his money well if he's able to send his daughter to Pepperdine.

5 hours ago, Chooky said:

Benched 700. Look at that bar. Very sad. What a legendary human. sbwerhvxqbgudsvxcga4.thumb.jpeg.0ce26ca0c6de66b56e8ef0720b5e6ca9.jpeg

When he did that in the mid 90's, that lift for raw bench press would have been right at a world record. 

A lot of guys were using bench shirts or gear lifting, but for just sitting down with no equipment help, he was as strong as any human being on the planet.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm not a Cowboys fan at all, but that dude was probably the most dominant O-lineman I've ever seen.  Munoz and Hannah are in the convo, but in terms of sheer dominance, I don't think there was anyone ahead of Allen.  What a tragedy to die so young.  

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

When he did that in the mid 90's, that lift for raw bench press would have been right at a world record. 

A lot of guys were using bench shirts or gear lifting, but for just sitting down with no equipment help, he was as strong as any human being on the planet.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Dilligas said:

I remember frequently driving by the site where he hit the wall in Dallas at 635 and the DNT, was lucky to survive that. And then to die so young just blows

That was Erik Williams. 

RIP to one of the best to ever do it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Never liked the Cowboys, and pretty much hated them during the Aikman, Irvin, Smith era.  But I always respected the shit out of Larry Allen, and he might be the best offensive lineman I've seen during my lifetime.  And he wasn't just a big guy who could bench a lot of plates.  He was probably one of the best overall athletes to play the position.  

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 11:12 AM, Jive Turkey said:

RIP to one of the best ever.  Freak of nature  

Power = Force x Velocity 

one of you mathers' need to calculate that for this beast

Edited by MontereyMX
idiot