Spring Branch / Memorial

Searched for a thread and didn't find anything. 

Spring Branch / Memorial seems to have a burgeoning food scene to go along with the Korean and Latin places that have been around forever. 

I'm a fan of Bori on Witte for Korean and Stuffed Belly for burgers. Feges and The new Pit Room location provide some decent BBQ options. 

As for Mexican / Tex-Mex, I have been meaning to try Tacos Dona Lena and Juarez, and Goode Company Cantina always hits the spot and has the best tres leches in the city.

• Hook 'Em 1

There’s a lot going on in Spring Branch right now. One of my best friends lives out there and I used to give her a hard time about how there was nothing cool in her neighborhood, but it’s really taken off in the past year in terms of new restaurants and bars. We met for wine at The Library on Long Point a few months ago and I thought it was a really good wine bar.

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The kids and I hit up the Pit Room last weekend and none of us were impressed.  It seemed very mediocre.  Not anywhere close to Fenges.

ive been meaning to try The Blind Goat in the same center as Fenges, but haven’t yet.

Had dinner there with my wife a month ago or so, it was very good. 

Posted (edited)

Mom’s egg rolls, Vietnamese chicken curry, and the crawfish and garlic noodles. All solid but we really really liked the crawfish noodles. We had some cocktails (don’t remember which ones) that were also good. 

There’s a Korean restaurant in that same plaza that has a small speakeasy/hidden bar in it that we briefly checked out after but it was not our scene. Maybe if we’d gone before dinner it would’ve been cooler. Fun idea though. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/3/2024 at 3:17 PM, Seasick Sailor said:

Searched for a thread and didn't find anything. 

Spring Branch / Memorial seems to have a burgeoning food scene to go along with the Korean and Latin places that have been around forever. 

I'm a fan of Bori on Witte for Korean and Stuffed Belly for burgers. Feges and The new Pit Room location provide some decent BBQ options. 

As for Mexican / Tex-Mex, I have been meaning to try Tacos Dona Lena and Juarez, and Goode Company Cantina always hits the spot and has the best tres leches in the city.

I keep forgetting about Tacos Dona Lena. I need to try it. 

St. Basil Thursday spaghetti lunch on Thursday slam and goes hard. Greek salad, bread, spaghetti with meat sauce, baklava, and iced tea for $12. My wife figured out they’ll sell you a quart of sauce for $15. Game changer.

The sauce is unique. I think it’s a shit ton of oregano and all spice, but it works. 

• Hook 'Em 1