Dr. Pepper into second place

Royalfan5

6 hours ago, F250 said:

Just stop drinking cokes (soda or pop depending on wherever the fuck you people are from up north).

It’s pop. Soda is unflavored carbonated water. 

And I can’t remember the last time I had pop that wasn’t a Dr Pepper. 

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Gatorade Zero ftw.

I use to drink G2, but it made me nauseous during heavy exercise - so I failed to see the point. I switched to water and never looked back.

56 minutes ago, heso said:

Soda is unflavored carbonated water. 

No man. It's called sparkling water and I will choose a refreshing effervescent ice cold can of La Croix Pure over a Dr Pepper any day of the week. Regarding flavored sparkling water I prefer Bubly, particularly lime but only canned.

Topo Chico has been my go to for glass bottles but I've recently taken a liking to HEB's 1877.

Rambler unflavored tastes like a light beer but better.

4 minutes ago, safe sex said:

How do you expect to get full value out of your kidneys if you're just running water through them? 

Very good point. That's where the whiskey comes in handy.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, F250 said:

No man. It's called sparkling water and I will choose a refreshing effervescent ice cold can of La Croix Pure over a Dr Pepper any day of the week. Regarding flavored sparkling water I prefer Bubly, particularly lime but only canned.

Topo Chico has been my go to for glass bottles but I've recently taken a liking to HEB's 1877.

Rambler unflavored tastes like a light beer but better.

Don't google the damage mineral water does to your body. 

39 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Everyone I know is “Coke please.” “Is Pepsi ok?” “I’ll just have water.”

It blows my mind that Pepsi has any sales. 

I've drank, like, one soda a year for the past two decades, so I'm probably not the best barometer, but I've had the exact opposite experience. Other than restaurants with no other choices, I hardly ever see anyone buying or drinking a normal Coke.

Coke has always tasted sticky to me, like I could feel my teeth rotting in real time. It does seem to work better as a mixer though.

Diet Pepsi, on the other hand, I'm not sure if I've ever seen out in the wild. Diet Coke must crush all other Diet brands combined 10 to 1. I assume there's a reason, but it will be a cold day in hell before I ever drink a diet soda.

44 minutes ago, safe sex said:

How do you expect to get full value out of your kidneys if you're just running water through them? 

I also drink oj, apple juice, low sodium V8, and skim milk.

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

God, I hope so. "I want my sparkling water to taste like light beer" is a choice.

Recovering alkies broadly have quite a taste for sparkling water.  Its resemblance to a beer is a likely reason.  Also impersonates a vodka/gin tonic/soda well in environments where camouflaging the lack of alcohol seems prudent, I.e. among crowds of unrecovered alkies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Fuck Pepsi.

Nothing more demoralizing than walking into an establishment and seeing it's a "Pepsi, no Coke" place.

2 hours ago, JMFP said:

Coke Zero

...w/rum or cheap bourbon. 

This is my jam. Squeeze in a little lime with the dark rum and you've got a nice little time.

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven’t had a soda/soft drink since 2009, seriously. Colt McCoy inspired me to stop. Conservatively I’d say I’ve eaten out at least 100 times a year over the past 15 years, and let’s say a soda costs $2 (and realistically both those estimates are low). I’ve probably saved over $3,000 in that time frame by just getting waters at restaurants. 

Just laid in supplies for a few weeks. Among them 4 cases Coke Zero, 2 cases DP Zero. Need more Coke because I don't pour bourbon in DP. (unless it's an emergency)

9 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Now that 12 packs are nearly $8 each, I've cut way back on soft drinks. I used to drink 4 to 5 Diet Dr Peppers a day.

Thank you for your sacrifice. This is how we know it’s time for the fed to cut rates.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Everyone I know is “Coke please.” “Is Pepsi ok?” “I’ll just have water.”

It blows my mind that Pepsi has any sales. 

“Pepsi-cola hits the spot. Twelve full ounces, and that’s a lot!” 

That’s the beginning of an advertising jingle my mother would quote when I asked her why she would drink Pepsi, which I would point out sucked. Apparently, Coke was only ten ounces at the time, and the company refused to adjust, until Pepsi had made significant inroads into Coke’s market share.

http://www.oldmagazinearticles.com/article-summary/pepsi-cola-commercial-1940

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, F250 said:

Just stop drinking cokes (soda or pop depending on wherever the fuck you people are from up north).

This is great stuff. Any other ideas on foods or beverages that I should not consume ever under any circumstances?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

This is great stuff. Any other ideas on foods or beverages that I should not consume ever under any circumstances?

Yes. Stop consuming undercooked bacon.

• Haha 2

Pepsi is great with a slide in NYC* if they don’t serve beer or wine. 

Dr. Pepper is good, but it’ll never be a mixer. You’re drinking a Dr. Pepper because you want a Dr. Pepper. 

Coca Cola makes many good drinks, and the HEB brand is pretty damn close to the original as a mixer. 

22 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

It's a staple here in Belgium, I don't get it. My bacon needs to be dead and crispy.

I've experienced this in England before. I think their bacon is different than ours and just looks sad and flimsy. I assume it isn't delicious pork belly cuts like ours. Never seen bacon in Belgium so not sure about the cut they use.