2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Banging large women in a pool is more sport than pleasure.

Don’t let From Here to Eternity’s propaganda fool you….banging a not skinny CanadaBell operator on a Barbados beach….where sand does its sand thing….was not optimal. 

Not a deal breaker either. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Like you’ll be able to see me through all the dust from the lack of rain.

I will just look for the dude carrying his golf clubs and complaining about the lack of rain. And texting his PA about an appointment to meet a developer. Will have @MissingInAction watching my six.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You Austin people that get your hopes up for rain from tropical storms always crack me up.  Do y'all not have maps over there?  You live 200 god damn miles from the Gulf.

As the crow flies, it's only 130 miles from downtown Austin to Lavaca Bay.

Edit: beaten by Bolverk. I should read the whole thread before replying to stuff.

Edited by Paper_jam
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is Bolivar Peninsula right now.  I’m guessing it’s normally 3 feet from the bulkhead to the canal and that water is 6” over the bulkhead so, +\- 2.5 - 4 feet (tide swings 6-12” there) above average and raining.  99% of that water is high tide or surge - not rain.

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Just heard that Alberto is hanging in the Gulf and potentially strengthening.  Hopefully that’s old news.

Last recon flight this evening confirmed it's not really moving and it is getting (slowly) stronger - some 60 kt wind speeds were found vs 40 yesterday. 

It's still a giant mess, these winds are far from center, and it is getting closer to land. Doubt it has time to strengthen much more. 

The storm that is forecasted to develop in the same spot as soon as Alberto leaves is the one to watch.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Last recon flight this evening confirmed it's not really moving and it is getting (slowly) stronger - some 60 kt wind speeds were found vs 40 yesterday. 

It's still a giant mess, these winds are far from center, and it is getting closer to land. Doubt it has time to strengthen much more. 

The storm that is forecasted to develop in the same spot as soon as Alberto leaves is the one to watch.

Yep, these fuckers tend to follow early in the season. Projection for Alberto Jr?

image.thumb.gif.024019d7dc80f8428259753e3dc7cc37.gif

The next name is Beryl. This one is sucking down dry air for the moment, but the storm is almost organized enough to get a name. Models didn’t have this storm forming, so I have no idea what to expect.

5 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

image.thumb.gif.024019d7dc80f8428259753e3dc7cc37.gif

The next name is Beryl. This one is sucking down dry air for the moment, but the storm is almost organized enough to get a name. Models didn’t have this storm forming, so I have no idea what to expect.

it needs to go north and play with Georgia

• Hook 'Em 1