2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Kennedy county, then straight up 37>>35

This is the way…

and looks to be exactly what that AVNI model is showing on the previous page.

#teamAVNI

i remember years ago, I think it was for Harvey, good ol Jim Spencer answering the question, “could we ever see hurricane force winds in Austin?”

answer was: if there was a cat 4/5 making landfall at corpus and running right up 37/35, yeah. Could still be cat 1 by Austin.

give me cat 1 or strong TS coming in Kennedy County

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Jamaica about to get bubble screened.

winds up to 180 mph …

7:30PM Tuesday Beryl Update:

I'll be honest with you. My stomach is starting to turn a little bit right now with what the Hurricane Hunters are finding inside Hurricane Beryl. They just sampled winds over 180 mph while flying into the northern eye wall, which is not what I expected based on what it looks like on satellite. Our satellite estimation techniques say this should be around a 130 mph storm. At this time the National Hurricane Center is putting the estimated winds at 150 mph, a formidable category 4 hurricane. 

But Beryl has been hit by wind shear all day long, and that was supposed knock it down more than this. The satellite presentation has degraded some, but for now, the core of the storm has not been severely impacted by that shear.

If you've been following along, you know that the stronger this storm stays, the more northward it will move. I still maintain that we need to see how strong it is tomorrow once it gets to the other side of Jamaica to have a clearer picture of what it will do over the Gulf of Mexico.

But it's not encouraging for our fellow humans in Jamaica to see the storm doing this right now, and if it continues to defy expectations by staying stronger than expected, it will increase the chances that a hurricane eventually hits Texas.

Keep your guard up, talk out your hurricane plans with your family, and be ready to take action later this week if needed.

The next forecast track comes out by 10PM. More to come.

abc13.com/tropicalupdate

IMG_0907.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

winds up to 180 mph …

7:30PM Tuesday Beryl Update:

I'll be honest with you. My stomach is starting to turn a little bit right now with what the Hurricane Hunters are finding inside Hurricane Beryl. They just sampled winds over 180 mph while flying into the northern eye wall, which is not what I expected based on what it looks like on satellite. Our satellite estimation techniques say this should be around a 130 mph storm. At this time the National Hurricane Center is putting the estimated winds at 150 mph, a formidable category 4 hurricane. 

But Beryl has been hit by wind shear all day long, and that was supposed knock it down more than this. The satellite presentation has degraded some, but for now, the core of the storm has not been severely impacted by that shear.

If you've been following along, you know that the stronger this storm stays, the more northward it will move. I still maintain that we need to see how strong it is tomorrow once it gets to the other side of Jamaica to have a clearer picture of what it will do over the Gulf of Mexico.

But it's not encouraging for our fellow humans in Jamaica to see the storm doing this right now, and if it continues to defy expectations by staying stronger than expected, it will increase the chances that a hurricane eventually hits Texas.

Keep your guard up, talk out your hurricane plans with your family, and be ready to take action later this week if needed.

The next forecast track comes out by 10PM. More to come.

abc13.com/tropicalupdate

IMG_0907.jpeg

Weirdly they deleted that 730 update.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just mousing around on this website, and ran an animation that ends up the plot Monday morning. Beryl in S. Texas migrating SE to NW, and the remnants of stormy weather near DFW moving NW to SE. With all the moisture in the area, it will be clear and sunny in the ATX.

tropicaltidbits.com. (sorry, link to animation doesn't work)

image.thumb.png.02829551b65395659684d24af6dd008f.png

Edited by PTINS
typo
  • Rage+1 1

Arrived STT about 1.  Couple of cocktails and then ferry ride to Tortola.  That ferry ride looked like the intro to Victory at Sea and there was vomit.  Not from me but I’m not claiming any superpower.  It was a rough ride.

45 minute ride took 1:25.

All this is hurricane swell coming up from the south/Beryl and, although I’m on the boat in Roadtown, I’m not super excited about what we face tomorrow.  Might still be a little sporty.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, CoTex said:

Arrived STT about 1.  Couple of cocktails and then ferry ride to Tortola.  That ferry ride looked like the intro to Victory at Sea and there was vomit.  Not from me but I’m not claiming any superpower.  It was a rough ride.

45 minute ride took 1:25.

All this is hurricane swell coming up from the south/Beryl and, although I’m on the boat in Roadtown, I’m not super excited about what we face tomorrow.  Might still be a little sporty.

So scoping out the US Invasion force for the 4th of July. I like that.

5 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I just called all the neighbors and told them board up the windows, loadup the wives, kids, pets, valuables and head north by Saturday morning or they might find your bodies in the trees.  The end is near.  

Bad advice.  

You should’ve told them that with a simple razor blade and some black pen ink you can inscribe your Social Security number on your arm so they can identify your body after the storm.

Amateurs. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I hope Berly assfart really starts to turn it down.

Having survived the night as Hurricane Beryl tore across her idyllic home of Union Island with ferocious force, Katrina Coy was taken aback by the extent of the devastation which lay before her.

Virtually every building on the island, which lies off St Vincent and the Grenadines, has been razed or badly damaged, she said.

“Union Island is in a terrible state after Beryl passed. Literally, almost the whole island is homeless,” said Ms Coy in a video message.

“There are hardly any buildings left standing. Houses are flattened, roads are blocked, the electricity poles are down in the streets.”

Fisherman and fishing guide Sebastien Sailly agreed.

“Everything is lost. I have nowhere to live right now,” he said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c724x1rjlpno

• Rage+1 4

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT2+shtml/030247.shtml

4. There remains uncertainty in the track and intensity forecast of
Beryl over the western Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Interests in the
western Gulf of Mexico should monitor the progress of Beryl.

They don’t know how strong it will be or where it’s going, but other than that…..nailed it!

Edited by Gatorubet