2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

29 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Latest NHS track is good for Jamaica and keeps the central part of the storm quite a bit offshore. 

Some concerns for water pushing into Kingston bay so hopefully that is mitigated as well.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Indomitable said:

What am I looking at here?

The lines in front of the storm are the sheer that was expected to weaken Beryl. This hurricane has managed to shrug off a lot of the sheer and remain very strong. 

Edited by Hate

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Is this just about the perfect scenario for the Highland Lakes?

Unless it decides to take a hard left. There was a model shown earlier portraying that. We could get some rain, but not what is really needed. At this point I will take anything.

12 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Something like this would be ideal:

image.jpeg.0c7e12497eaec33576569fe446ed9806.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9e04e2badf768a23e7eeaeabc96e0b8e.jpeg

I think you want to shift your preferred track about 75 miles west, because you have Buchanan on the dry side of the storm.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Is this just about the perfect scenario for the Highland Lakes?

If it follows the center line then it’s the path the last one had to take for those 10-12 inch predictions to be accurate.  So yes.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Your mom didn't have a dry side last night.

Strong "your mom" game the last couple of days. So good I gotta watch my wording real careful like.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

I learned my lesson a few years ago when the NHC kept calling those hurricanes to turn and go into Lake Charles instead of tracking towards Houston.  Those guys have the track down pretty well.  There are still too many variables for determining strength, but those guys gets pretty damn close most of the time.  By tomorrow evening there should be some high confidence on where this will make landfall along the Gulf Coast.  I hope the Cat 1 into South Texas and it's current forecast path holds true.  That's a perfect set up for filling up some Hill Country lakes.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Hate said:

I learned my lesson a few years ago when the NHC kept calling those hurricanes to turn and go into Lake Charles instead of tracking towards Houston.  Those guys have the track down pretty well.  There are still too many variables for determining strength, but those guys gets pretty damn close most of the time.  By tomorrow evening there should be some high confidence on where this will make landfall along the Gulf Coast.  I hope the Cat 1 into South Texas and it's current forecast path holds true.  That's a perfect set up for filling up some Hill Country lakes.

sa and the hill country really need a good soaking 

also, they have better computers and ai now 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Edited by tx 3 putt

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

sa and the hill country really need a good soaking 

also, they have better computers and ai now 🤞🏽🤞🏽

I gave your mom a really good soaking last night

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Sit and wait 

Your mom's fat ass sat and weighted on me last night. She got so wet Abbott had to call in the guard to put sandbags around my bed.

Oh, wait.

MV5BZDY3ZmY4Y2QtZjY5Yi00MGJjLTljODMtMzMzYTgwNDhiMGFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_.thumb.jpg.5c7a1a751ed4ca9eb18018186d2448a3.jpg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Strong "your mom" game the last couple of days. So good I gotta watch my wording real careful like.

Your mom was watching my wording real careful like last night.  The word was plowing. 

Edited by Trey3216
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1