2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

30 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

My dad is at Medina Lake.  They'd KILL for that much water.

Well aware.  I grew up half my childhood at Medina Lake.  Breaks my heart what has happened.

4 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Shutters up in Galveston.  Waiting on the 5pm update to decide if to do secondary plywood over.

side note: lake Livingston dam was recently declared to be under “immediate failure watch” 

bet the forecasted 15 inches of rain isn’t going to help that.  

What do you mean?  It will absolutely help it fail.

8 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Shutters up in Galveston.  Waiting on the 5pm update to decide if to do secondary plywood over.

side note: lake Livingston dam was recently declared to be under “immediate failure watch” 

My wood plyed your mom 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

this storm will be the kiss of death for Livingston dam 

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

All these models are worthless until it hits open water

the euro model also has also added an earlier northward turn... 

Euro model from 06z

Screenshot_20240705-165456.thumb.png.5e8b7c3b124163f371d7eee08fab9d52.png

Euro from 12z

Screenshot_20240705-165701.thumb.png.7da0229f4d22321e5d67a8a0aa512401.png

I am not liking the fact that Beryl -after going over the peninsula - will be reappearing over the water with damn near complete circulation and a decent vestige of its eye-wall. 

I had assumed it would be a little more disorganized at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Deep govt info - port Lavaca is preparing for a cat 3 to hit between Seadrift and Port Lavaca. They’re working like mad to check on elderly and get them out of danger. Known low water areas will be barricaded off some time Sunday. People are refilling meds, buying water, and food.  Evacuation order is ready for Sunday am. Possible land fall very late Sunday / early Monday 

victoria is preparing for a massive flooding event and handling evacuees from the coast

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Deep govt info - port Lavaca is preparing for a cat 3 to hit between Seadrift and Port Lavaca. They’re working like mad to check on elderly and get them out of danger. Known low water areas will be barricaded off some time Sunday. People are refilling meds, buying water, and food.  Evacuation order is ready for Sunday am. Possible land fall very late Sunday / early Monday 

victoria is preparing for a massive flooding event and handling evacuees from the coast

You mean Port O’Connor?

Posted (edited)

Good write up on where we stand currently.

Threat to the upper Texas coast, including Houston region, increasing as Beryl nears Gulf of Mexico

https://spacecityweather.com/threat-to-the-upper-texas-coast-including-houston-region-increasing-as-beryl-nears-gulf-of-mexico/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR2Qi1X3oKDDYRMeXdSNLjbFcjnWJAdlQc0flpcwqZpd__cmsrxeSsjVTAA_aem_iRymsdohysjJqimQqSl4cw

Edited by Rip76
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Any new Galveston Updates?

24 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

My mom's cousin was sheriff of Calhoun County for a longass time

1 hour ago, Deej said:

"Remember to put the plywood behind the window" - aggy

Evacuation route out of Houston for aggy is 610.

Also, my buddy texted me from Cancun this morning.  He slept through the whole thing, and they didn't lose power.

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, dcbc said:

Evacuation route out of Houston for aggy is 610.

Also, my buddy texted me from Cancun this morning.  He slept through the whole thing, and they didn't lose power.

IMG_0939.jpeg

is old army ?

new army?

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

i’m wondering about the local Houston weather channels and what they are telling the public right now.   Please update.   My buddy lived in Houston, but his wife passed away, so he moved to Florida and remarried.   I was with him last weekend in Florida and he was talking about finally getting around to selling his place in Houston.

LOL.   there may be some home equity changes in his  near future.

Ask your buddy what The Villages are like.