2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

We just drove the beach. It’s not as crowded as yesterday for sure so some of them left. Judging by what we saw I’d put a fair amount of money on a lot of the remaining people having no idea that a storm is even coming. They aren’t going to be real happy when they wake up tomorrow and none of the restaurants are open.

Edited by justhookit

11 minutes ago, Covri said:

I usually keep two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls in my go bag.

We can’t get out here.  This is Beryl country.  

Rain let up so I’m sitting in line at HEB just to grab a few things for the rest of the weekend.  Totally spaced there’d be panic buying due to Austin always getting vicious hurricanes.  Crowd does really bother me.  What bothers me is this place is usually a MILF contest to see who can sport the sexiest yoga pants.  Apparently women shopping for extreme weather don’t really care what they look like at my fancy HEB. Woman just saw who is probably a 9 when she fixes herself up  for her age group.  Wearing 90s sweatpants and a Dokken t-shirt.  I wanted to ask her, “that’s what you’re wearing to the end of the world?”

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Port O’Connor fireworks show scheduled for tonight has been postponed until a later date to be announced.

Damn.

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Bayfront Beats Summer Concert will be held as planned from 7 to 10 p.m. tonight at Bayfront Peninsula Park.

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Apparently women shopping for extreme weather don’t really care what they look like at my fancy HEB. Woman just saw who is probably a 9 when she fixes herself up  for her age group.  Wearing 90s sweatpants and a Dokken t-shirt.  I wanted to ask her, “that’s what you’re wearing to the end of the world?”

90s sweatpants and a Dokken t-shirt?

Say Less Kelsey Grammer GIF by Paramount+

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Have you been to the desert? 

Boerne, Kerrville, and Uvalde aren't the desert.

This is the amount of rainfall above or below normal for this time of year. You could almost draw a line through Texas where everything east of it is well above normal (8+ inches). The southwestern portion of the state is blood red (5-8 inches below normal). 

image.thumb.png.aae8d4f2b4c5d7681108373841f05f9d.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Why would they leave?

Because there is a hurricane coming straight for them.

I am not judging.  I was just surprised nobody seemed concerned in the slightest.  Hardware store was busy but not packed.  I didn’t see anyone boarding windows.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

We left port Oconnor about 2pm.  Traffic was extremely light considering the circumstances.  Almost nobody who lives there seems to be leaving.

People in port O’Connor aren’t exactly the brightest bulbs 

Hopefully the surge isn’t too bad 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, HouTex said:

I hope people aren’t panicking about stores being out of bottled water.  I guess people forget about filling their bathtubs up with water before a storm?  

Tubwater is for our maids and manservants. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, miguelito said:

Tubwater is for our maids and manservants. 

Brayden and Aiyden can’t drink tub water. They need bottled water or they will DIE 

Karen Redhead GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

We left port Oconnor about 2pm.  Traffic was extremely light considering the circumstances.  Almost nobody who lives there seems to be leaving.

Voluntary Evacuation order in place for Calhoun County

During the 5 p.m. emergency briefing by the National Weather Service, updates were given regarding Tropical Storm Beryl, which is currently in the Gulf of Mexico.

Reports state that the storm is currently moving northwest at 13 mph and is currently gathering itself together with sustained winds of 60 mph. Landfall is now expected to be between Port Aransas and Matagorda Bay. The timeline for the landfall has shifted up by approximately six hours to Monday morning compared to earlier reports, according to the National Weather Service.

A voluntary evacuation order was signed by Calhoun County Judge Richard Meyer and is currently in effect. Several warnings are also in place:
·        Flash flood
·        Tropical storm
·        Hurricane
·        Storm surge

A significant wind threat was also included in the warnings issued, while heavy rains are expected to be in Port Lavaca, with isolated areas projected to receive 15 inches of rain. 

Formosa Plastics was also confirmed to be in the process of shutting down, with a goal of being shut down completely by Sunday at midnight.

Tighten up …

CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS:

- The Hurricane Watch has been upgraded to a Hurricane Warning for Aransas Islands, Calhoun Islands, Coastal Aransas, Coastal Calhoun, Coastal Nueces, Coastal Refugio, Coastal San Patricio, and Nueces Islands.
- The Tropical Storm Watch has been upgraded to a Hurricane Warning Inland Calhoun and Inland Refugio
- The Hurricane Watch has been upgraded to a Hurricane Warning for Coastal Kleberg and Kleberg Islands
- A Hurricane Warning has been issued for Victoria
- A Tropical Storm Warning has been issued for Bee, Goliad, and Inland Kleberg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

57 minutes ago, justhookit said:

We just drove the beach. It’s not as crowded as yesterday for sure so some of them left. Judging by what we saw I’d put a fair amount of money on a lot of the remaining people having no idea that a storm is even coming. They aren’t going to be real happy when they wake up tomorrow and none of the restaurants are open.

I was just at the intersection on NPI of 22 and 361...there were quite a few folks leaving Port A it seemed...

But, all your restaurants are already closing?  Haven't heard anything like that here.

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If this storm was a cat 4 or 5, Houston would be very screwed 

This is the view from my front porch south of Richmond. 26 acres of large pecan trees, a couple of them (not in the picture) estimated to be more than 100 years old.

The center of Beryl is currently forecasted to pass about 10-20 miles west of here. I'm worried enough with the 40 mph winds and 70 mph gusts they are predicting. Cat 4 or 5 and this whole place would be toast. 

IMG_6333.jpg.a89d159a5ef98c0da453d1b49fedecda.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5

TWC says this thing will only be moving around 10 mph as it makes landfall, and they predict it'll come right up the I-35 corridor.  They promised potentially devastating rainfall.

So, I'll update my expectation for Austin from 0.75 inches to 1.25 inches.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

This is the view from my front porch south of Richmond. 26 acres of large pecan trees, a couple of them (not in the picture) estimated to be more than 100 years old.

The center of Beryl is currently forecasted to pass about 10-20 miles west of here. I'm worried enough with the 40 mph winds and 70 mph gusts they are predicting. Cat 4 or 5 and this whole place would be toast. 

IMG_6333.jpg.a89d159a5ef98c0da453d1b49fedecda.jpg

Quality humblebrag game here....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Because there is a hurricane coming straight for them.

I am not judging.  I was just surprised nobody seemed concerned in the slightest.  Hardware store was busy but not packed.  I didn’t see anyone boarding windows.

People really leave for cat 1 hurricanes these days?

• Hook 'Em 1

We can’t get out here.  This is Beryl country.  

Rain let up so I’m sitting in line at HEB just to grab a few things for the rest of the weekend.  Totally spaced there’d be panic buying due to Austin always getting vicious hurricanes.  Crowd does really bother me.  What bothers me is this place is usually a MILF contest to see who can sport the sexiest yoga pants.  Apparently women shopping for extreme weather don’t really care what they look like at my fancy HEB. Woman just saw who is probably a 9 when she fixes herself up  for her age group.  Wearing 90s sweatpants and a Dokken t-shirt.  I wanted to ask her, “that’s what you’re wearing to the end of the world?”
Would
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Woman just saw who is probably a 9 when she fixes herself up  for her age group.  Wearing 90s sweatpants and a Dokken t-shirt.  

That's a woman that fucks.

Approve South Park GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

All 3000 of em never leave; they have been lucky. Roads flood and recede. Harvey's original track might have reduced that population by a few folks for sure.

Random aside but one of the Ladies at Speedy Stop was an old lady when it was Alvin's and I was going in there barefoot when I was kid. I'm old af now late 40s, she must be some wizard.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gatorubet said:

GFS run just came out and has landfall at Freeport and then going north. 

If that location holds true, I expect to see some generic panic and stupidity tomorrow morning 

this shit sucks 

• Hook 'Em 1