2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Two of my sons went down to evacuate my dad. His roof was ripped off during Harvey when it sat on the Victoria area for a day and a half. He has been insisting he needs to stay but my boys are doing a force evacuation and texted me they will be back here by 9 AM tomorrow.

yeah get out 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

Two of my sons went down to evacuate my dad. His roof was ripped off during Harvey when it sat on the Victoria area for a day and a half. He has been insisting he needs to stay but my boys are doing a force evacuation and texted me they will be back here by 9 AM tomorrow.

IMG_2368.gif.8972b88a9610376472a5d1c93364f378.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

GFS run just came out and has landfall at Freeport and then going north. 

If that location holds true, I expect to see some generic panic and stupidity tomorrow morning 

Yeah. Not seeing that

6 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Yeah. Not seeing that

As the NHC constantly reminds us, their best prognosis at this date is still plus or minus 50 miles and plus or minus one category intensity. 

I am not betting on that landfall, just sharing the run.   

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

As the NHC constantly reminds us, their best prognosis at this date is still plus or minus 50 miles and plus or minus one category intensity. 

I am not betting on that landfall, just sharing the run.   

Not arguing as I don’t disagree. But watching the models I’m not seeing that. 

2 minutes ago, Victor Lazlo said:

spacer.png

Yeah, not liking these latest GFS runs here in northwest Harris County.

This has to be cherry picking the most easterly noodle because there’s not much else that says that right now.  

• Hook 'Em 3

11:30PM SATURDAY BERYL UPATE:

Sunday is now also an ABC13 Weather Alert Day due to the chance for tropical twisters starting in the afternoon, and get ready to hunker down on Monday. Major travel disruptions from street flooding and gusty winds are possible Monday morning, as are widespread power outages when Beryl blows through Southeast Texas.

I am seeing more data points tonight pointing toward Beryl making landfall in Matagorda County (east of the bay) instead of Calhoun County (west of the bay). In the event that does happens, I wanted to show you some maps highlighting the more significant winds and rainfall that could impact the heavily populated I-45 corridor on Monday morning.

Keep in mind that the average forecast error for the landfall point this many hours out is still around 50 miles, and the average forecast error for the intensity this far out is one hurricane category.

As Meteorologist ABC13-Kevin Roth said frequently today on the morning news, this is a prepare for the worst and hope for the best situation. Join him again during the morning news, then our team will keep you updated frequently on our 24/7 streaming channel Sunday afternoon and evening. After the 10PM news hour we will have continuous coverage through the night and through the day Monday.

We're here for you, and we'll get through this together.

abc13.com/live

IMG_0960.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

If that location holds true, I expect to see some generic panic and stupidity tomorrow morning 

GFS is confused. 

Euro is showing more strengthening, so maybe GFS is on to something.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

All I’m asking for is attractive older women in Dokken t-shirts and 90s sweatpants to show up at the grocery stores tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

19 minutes ago, Slacks said:

GFS is confused. 

Euro is showing more strengthening, so maybe GFS is on to something.

The run does not have to be ultimately correct in the long run to spread panic.  The magic words in New Orleans are, “the hurricane will enter the mouth of the Mississippi.”

What some local weather person says that everybody’s hair catches on fire - and access to gas - and ability to quickly travel - and anything left in the grocery store becomes problematic

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

All I’m asking for is attractive older women in Dokken t-shirts and 90s sweatpants to show up at the grocery stores tomorrow.

You’ll get an attractive older women in her 90s wearing sweatpants and a Dokken t-shirts.

• Haha 5

Slight shift to the east …

4AM BERYL UPDATE: The forecast cone has shifted further East and has removed Corpus Christi out of the current cone. Although we are no longer in the cone, that does not mean we are out of the clear. 

Beryl is still expected to become a Category 1 hurricane before making landfall on the Texas coast overnight Sunday into predawn Monday. A large part of that is because wind shear is forecasted to continuously decrease ahead of Beryl's path into Texas. 

Storm surge of 3-5ft. is still expected for Coastal Bend beaches and bays. 

Another note to mention is that the timing of landfall has shifted earlier into Monday morning. This also means that tropical storm force winds are possible as early as this afternoon.

For more detailed updates on Beryl, click here: 
https://www.kiiitv.com/article/weather/hurricane/beryl-weakens-to-a-tropical-storm-over-the-yucatan-peninsula/503-030dab6a-7c6c-47aa-8077-c5dda80ddddc

IMG_0962.jpeg

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Slight shift to the east …

4AM BERYL UPDATE: The forecast cone has shifted further East and has removed Corpus Christi out of the current cone. Although we are no longer in the cone, that does not mean we are out of the clear. 

Beryl is still expected to become a Category 1 hurricane before making landfall on the Texas coast overnight Sunday into predawn Monday. A large part of that is because wind shear is forecasted to continuously decrease ahead of Beryl's path into Texas. 

Storm surge of 3-5ft. is still expected for Coastal Bend beaches and bays. 

Another note to mention is that the timing of landfall has shifted earlier into Monday morning. This also means that tropical storm force winds are possible as early as this afternoon.

For more detailed updates on Beryl, click here: 
https://www.kiiitv.com/article/weather/hurricane/beryl-weakens-to-a-tropical-storm-over-the-yucatan-peninsula/503-030dab6a-7c6c-47aa-8077-c5dda80ddddc

IMG_0962.jpeg

If this holds true Palacios, Tin Top, Blessing, Midfield, Bay City, Markham are gonna have some tough days ahead.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Looks like for Austin to get significant rain, the hurricane needs to make landfall further south near Seadrift/Victoria.

bl.gif.da473738ce1cba9b56e83abf670208f5.gif

image.png.896a026f3ae931ce063924d1c9fad64a.png

Every. Fucking. Time.

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Bookman said:

This never gets old. Still can't believe it's real. 

Even better is there was once a defense on their boards or somewhere of that picture saying it was to prevent glass from blowing into the store. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

bl.gif.da473738ce1cba9b56e83abf670208f5.gif

image.png.896a026f3ae931ce063924d1c9fad64a.png

Every. Fucking. Time.

Yeah, I feel for you. Meanwhile I’m planning how to handle taking care of two households, one in Houston, one in the woodlands, while my sister in law and her family are on vacation, with likely significant power outages for multiple days. Which will be the third time that’s happened since May. Some guys get all the luck. 

41 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Even better is there was once a defense on their boards or somewhere of that picture saying it was to prevent glass from blowing into the store. 

Texas A&M culture & Traditions. “From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can't explain it.” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Reporting live from Rockport, TX, still across from Goose Island.

IMG_6373.thumb.jpeg.c855e6e48b5bf01ef63f073f208a9290.jpeg

Fake pic - There aren't any mosquitoes on the camera lens.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 hours ago, Parliament said:

And 3 briskets in the fridge.

Which he gets by having the Man and Maidservants buy them individually to properly stock his larder.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m bugging out in the am. 4 days of without power after derecho was enough for me.

peace out 

Dude, the derecho was wayyy worse than this will get. This will be like a regular monday for houston. 

Im still doing elective endoscopy cases tomorrow starting at 730am

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Dude, the derecho was wayyy worse than this will get. This will be like a regular monday for houston. 

Ballgame.

Now this will somehow turn out like Harvey and Ike made a baby.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Im still doing elective endoscopy cases tomorrow starting at 730am

I think you’re failing to consider something. Storm wise, sure. But keep in mind much of the central Houston lines are still basically temporary poles and duct taped together. In Timbergrove we still have goddamn cranes and orange grounders on half the damn lines. It won’t take much to blow this shit to pieces again. Most of the trees that could get ripped up were ripped, sure. But I don’t think it will take much for widespread power issues lasting days. That’s my big fear. The derecho was mostly 70 mph winds with upper gusts at 120 lasting 20 minutes. This thing hits at 75 for prolonged hour or two? The power system will fold like a metal chair. 

also fuck you for your bad shitty Helobious adjacent takes over the years you jinxing fuckball. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 6