2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

35 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

these storms can quickly have a mind of their own the last 12 hours 

I have to say, on Friday when the models all shifted, I felt like there was a pretty good chance they'd keep shifting like Laura or Rita and hit Louisiana and we wouldn't have to worry about any of this. Didn't happen. 

I guess the ridge could move even further east in the next 12 hours and pull Beryl with it, but I kind of doubt it's going to happen now. 

• Like 1

Parents new house in Palacios is ready, brand new home less than quarter mile from water. Hope the damage is minimal to that region, wife's family bayhouse in cape caranchua is gonna get pelted

• Hook 'Em 5

I had stopped following this a few days ago after I thought it’d dissipate. Is it projected to hit Houston hard? I know the coast will get slammed but it should weaken a bit by the time it gets to Houston correct? My stubborn dad lives in Katy area, wondering if it’s bad enough for me to tell him to gtfo. 

This is either a good joke or the storm-driven recurrence of carpetbagger ignorance.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

This is either a good joke or the storm-driven recurrence of carpetbagger ignorance.

If everyone just put him on ignore you wouldn't miss his shit takes. I promise. Wish people wouldn't quote him either.

3 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Reminds me of the Rita evacuation when lots of people from the same household evacuated in both cars. 

You expect folks from the suburbs to leave their Tahoes and Escalades for the looters that relocated from Katrina?

24 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

1) weatherbug is dogshit

2) richmond isnt houston. Hell, its over 30 miles from downtown

3) 95 mph gusts aint shit

This is how you humble brag your new yurt purchase. 

22 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Parents new house in Palacios is ready, brand new home less than quarter mile from water. Hope the damage is minimal to that region, wife's family bayhouse in cape caranchua is gonna get pelted

The good news about climate change denial is the positive influence on new home construction.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lolol 78 mph winds dont push a 200lb fridge from somewhere into the middle of a playground

IMG_0530.thumb.jpeg.cbd9d2d31349e8ff5f4f38ed2d1618a0.jpegIMG_0203.thumb.jpeg.c776dcf9d281241fd53ddefec01f89ca.jpeg

Yes. We know the power of instrument measurements and weather experts pale in comparison to your anecdotal fridge evidence. 

Tordnados tip top out at maybe 300 mph and can pick up and throw two ton cars and sometimes entire homes but your dick gets hard at a 200 lb fridge and think 95 winds can’t do that. 

Someone else please make it make sense. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

Yes. We know the power of instrument measurements and weather experts pale in comparison to your anecdotal fridge evidence. 

Tordnados tip top out at maybe 300 mph and can pick up and throw two ton cars and sometimes entire homes but your dick gets hard at a 200 lb fridge and think 95 winds can’t do that. 

Someone else please make it make sense. 

First you start with a rue…
  • Hook 'Em 1

The official NHC track forecast for #Beryl shifted east overnight, as mentioned by @NWSHouston & @JeffLindner1. A comparison from NHC interactive webpage shows how far east this shift took place overnight. Latitudinally-speaking, there was an ~25mile shift east towards Houston.

IMG_0966.jpeg

Peace Out Reaction GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I've been in Houston for every Hurricane from Alicia on and never evacuated.  I've never suffered any damage other than enduring the lack of electricity (14 days is the longest so far).  I guess by posting that, I've doomed myself this time around.

Were any stripper related decisions made during a hurricane?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

1) weatherbug is dogshit

2) richmond isnt houston. Hell, its over 30 miles from downtown

3) 95 mph gusts aint shit

95 mph is something when your power lines still rely on temp fixes from the last major storm. My relatives that are in the projected path are already assuming they will lose power and planning appropriately. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Houston posters run the range from txputt freaking out about every update to Greenspoint seemingly not caring at all 

not freaking out but keeping a close eye. I already have 3 contracts for next week, helping plants start back up. If this hits harder in Baytown than expected, I’ll need a 100+ more guys, easily. Plus lodging for them

Im Leaving to buy some new clubs, play golf twice and see my family 

hopefully I’m at the game Tuesday night 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

95 mph is something when your power lines still rely on temp fixes from the last major storm. My relatives that are in the projected path are already assuming they will lose power and planning appropriately. 

So they didn’t go panic buy $200 worth of food at HEB that will go bad as soon as the power goes out and their fridge is off? Because seems like everyone else was doing that

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So they didn’t go panic buy $200 worth of food at HEB that will go bad as soon as the power goes out and their fridge is off? Because seems like everyone else was doing that

$200 ?!?!  Lmao. Today that’s three cans of beans and a chicken. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Joel Osteen was spotted chaining up the doors on the church so you know shit is getting serious for Houston

Well he can’t afford the locksmith unless you send him $100 today to keep the brown people out and reveal God’s true plan to make you 5X as much money!  

I would live the simulation if that grifting asshat died in a hurricane.  But in our current timeline, he takes the stupids money and gets outta the way of the hurricane for a vacation home because the humid wind would disrupt his lustrous pompadour.  

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

More like they are asking us if we have room for them, and are emptying fridges/freezers and taking the stuff to my brother-in-law’s family down the road (who have a couple of generators and freezers).  I think this might make my sister get a generator though.  The only reason they won’t stay in place is no air conditioning if power is out.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

More like they are asking us if we have room for them, and are emptying fridges/freezers and taking the stuff to my brother-in-law’s family down the road (who have a couple of generators and freezers).  I think this might make my sister get a generator though.  The only reason they won’t stay in place is no air conditioning if power is out.

I ordered a generator in May. To be clear, city of Houston permitting is a nightmare now, so if you want a generator (at least a fully automated natural gas one) then expect to wait until, oh, sometime in q4. It was a 6-8 week backlog before this storm. If they live in a suburb well, they can get one in a couple weeks. 

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Past outage maps ….

Doesn’t matter considering how baling wire and chewing gum everything is now after the derecho. There’s no real comparison.   

That being said, certainly not. I’ve been told very recently that 95 mph winds aren’t shit. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1