2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

12 minutes ago, huge said:

I’m headed there currently. I’ll fart on him if I see him out and about.

I was supposed to fly out today but our Netjets canceled on us due to the storm. 

Today I learned that 95 mph winds, common among little bitch EF2 tornados and pussy ass not-quite-Cat-2 hurricanes, ain't shit for the average sledgehammer cock, multiple black belt internet poster.  Rawr.

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Richest Rich is the only child (real or imagined) that actually deserves to be molested. Annoying little fuckboi, worst cartoon ever. 

You think it’s bad, the Netflix series from the 2010s replaced the cartoon robot maid with this robot maid

4441938-irona.jpg

And were I Richie, this is what she’d look like after the first night 

IMG_6632.thumb.webp.651d3019e6a2e884900eb53cccfafe5b.webp

• Haha 6

H-E-B in lake Jackson was not only open, but fully stocked on water, food, and cashiers. I had no wait in line. Was well run. 

Got a small 2100 watt generator that can keep my fridge running and one of my small minisplits going. Should be a fun night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think you’re failing to consider something. Storm wise, sure. But keep in mind much of the central Houston lines are still basically temporary poles and duct taped together. In Timbergrove we still have goddamn cranes and orange grounders on half the damn lines. It won’t take much to blow this shit to pieces again. Most of the trees that could get ripped up were ripped, sure. But I don’t think it will take much for widespread power issues lasting days. That’s my big fear. The derecho was mostly 70 mph winds with upper gusts at 120 lasting 20 minutes. This thing hits at 75 for prolonged hour or two? The power system will fold like a metal chair. 

also fuck you for your bad shitty Helobious adjacent takes over the years you jinxing fuckball. 

*Looks at Google maps to see if Timbergrove is where I thought it was and sees this*

Screenshot-20240707-164057-Maps.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Timbergrove is where we lived when Ike hit. My son who is a HS senior this year was 1 yr old and slept though it. The relative location of our house on the power system caused us to be without power for two weeks. 

Please Beryl, don’t be like Ike. 

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I've been in Houston for every Hurricane from Alicia on and never evacuated.  I've never suffered any damage other than enduring the lack of electricity (14 days is the longest so far).  I guess by posting that, I've doomed myself this time around.

This.  Everyone, obviously, should take it seriously and be prepared, but so far this thing seems to be a fast moving TS or cat 1 hurricane when it gets to Uptown.  We had a 100+ mph severe thunderstorm several weeks ago that fucked up the power grid but we didn’t have any structural damages nor did anyone near me.  Some folks in the Heights did have serious structural damage from the wind in that storm.  I expect to lose power for some time period, but I’ll be surprised if there is widespread damage to property in most areas of Houston.  

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You think it’s bad, the Netflix series from the 2010s replaced the cartoon robot maid with this robot maid

4441938-irona.jpg

And were I Richie, this is what she’d look like after the first night 

IMG_6632.thumb.webp.651d3019e6a2e884900eb53cccfafe5b.webp

Birthday May 19, 1993 (31 years old)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I don’t think anyone is expecting widespread property damage, are they? Really just an expectation that a shit ton of people are going to lose power for days, if not weeks. And then it’s going to be back to 100+ degrees shortly after the storm passes. 

3 hours ago, Mez2 said:

Parents new house in Palacios is ready, brand new home less than quarter mile from water. Hope the damage is minimal to that region, wife's family bayhouse in cape caranchua is gonna get pelted

A friend of mine has a house in Palacios and his mom lives.  He went today to go get his mom and bring her to their home in Long Mott.   So, still pretty close to the track, but better.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I don’t think anyone is expecting widespread property damage, are they? Really just an expectation that a shit ton of people are going to lose power for days, if not weeks. And then it’s going to be back to 100+ degrees shortly after the storm passes. 

Yeah. I expect this, and maybe some severe flooding in spots because there’s been a lot of rain here lately, including last night and today. 

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Today I learned that 95 mph winds, common among little bitch EF2 tornados and pussy ass not-quite-Cat-2 hurricanes, ain't shit for the average sledgehammer cock, multiple black belt internet poster.  Rawr.

I've only got one black belt, but luckily don't live in Houston.

11 hours ago, Bevo said:

Looks like for Austin to get significant rain, the hurricane needs to make landfall further south near Seadrift/Victoria.

From my recollection of past storms and reading up on some of the historic weather events in the state.  Most of the serious flood events in Central Texas and the Hill Country comimg from landfalling storms usually enter Texas around Corpus and even down south to the border.   They hit and usually go North to Northwest .  One of the models a few weeks ago that is favored by the forecasters had this thing hitting south of Corpus and going right up I-37 to San Antonio which would’ve dumped a lot of rain in the Hii Country watersheds.    Sucks a part of the state that is going to get this rain really doesn’t need it and the runoff goes straight to the Gulf.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

From my recollection of past storms and reading up on some of the historic weather events in the state.  Most of the serious flood events in Central Texas and the Hill Country comimg from landfalling storms usually enter Texas around Corpus and even down south to the border.   They hit and usually go North to Northwest .  One of the models a few weeks ago that is favored by the forecasters had this thing hitting south of Corpus and going right up I-37 to San Antonio which would’ve dumped a lot of rain in the Hii Country watersheds.    Sucks a part of the state that is going to get this rain really doesn’t need it and the runoff goes straight to the Gulf.  

Username checks out.

JFC...all the Stripes on N Padre are closed and boarded up.  Almost all the businesses are closed now.

I'm sitting at Hard Knocks (which is still going to puss out and close at 8:00) with half the locals drinking some Shiner because the hurricapocalypse is going to hit land about 100 miles up the coast from us.

Silver lining, though, I get to work remote tomorrow so shorts and flip flops it is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

JFC...all the Stripes on N Padre are closed and boarded up.  Almost all the businesses are closed now.

I'm sitting at Hard Knocks (which is still going to puss out and close at 8:00) with half the locals drinking some Shiner because the hurricapocalypse is going to hit land about 100 miles up the coast from us.

Silver lining, though, I get to work remote tomorrow so shorts and flip flops it is.

What does the other half drink?   Natty Light?

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

What does the other half drink?   Natty Light?

Dos X dressed I believe.

But I think the weak ones are bunkered up in their homes right now, they probably drink White Claw.

I shall work on my word construction much betterer next time.

We were at Lake Buchanan this weekend so we stopped at the HEB in Burnet to get some supplies in case we are without power for a day or two. The Woodlands is expected to do in the worst quadrant when the eye passes by.  It should be an interesting morning. 

12 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

How is that place?  Food any good?  I’ve been meaning to go try it out.  

5 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Dos X dressed I believe.

But I think the weak ones are bunkered up in their homes right now, they probably drink White Claw.

I shall work on my word construction much betterer next time.

Lol sitting in a boarded up house slamming clawz sounds terrible 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I’ll be riding this thing out in the heart of Bay City, I’ll keep y’all posted. If anyone wants some real time info follow my buddy Michael Kubecka on the socials. He’s fucking nuts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Austin Hurricane Preparedness

Hurricane Beryl is expected to make landfall on the Texas coast on Monday, July 8.

Pedernales Electric Cooperative has been closely monitoring the situation and making preparations. We are sharing this information so you can also be prepared for the storm's potential impacts.Although, Austin is expected to have less than 0.2 inches of rain, wind gusts up to 60MPH are possible. Dust and refuge storms are likely making driving conditions hazardous. Further such storms increase the likelihood of power outages for days or even weeks.

Customers whose electricity is delivered by Pedernales Electric Cooperative are encouraged to sign up for Power Alert Service® to receive timely updates about outages, estimated restoration times and community-wide updates during severe weather. Please note that we cannot guarantee uninterrupted power during severe weather. It is common for complete outages and rolling blackouts for weeks following a weather event.

Prepare for the storm:

Emergency plan: Develop a plan to keep your family safe. If you rely on electricity for life-sustaining equipment, please have a backup plan in place to ensure your safety.

Hurricane kit: Include non-perishable food, water, flashlights, batteries, first aid supplies, necessary medications, a battery-powered radio, and a portable charger for mobile devices.

Remember there are usually shortages of toilet paper, water, and canned goods in the days preceding a weather event. Please be sure to stock up on these items early before supplies become limited.

Similarly, expect gas shortages and price hikes in the aftermath of the storm. Please be sure to fill up your vehicles and gasoline cans as early as possible.

Stay informed:

Outage information: We will provide general electric outage updates every 15 minutes at Pedernales Electric Cooperative

Power Alerts: Power Alert Service® provides details for outage details, estimated restoration times, and community-wide updates. Following sign-up, the resulting charges for this service should appear in the next billing cycle.

Safety first:

Electric:

• Keep freezers and refrigerators closed during outages to preserve food.

• Use portable generators only in well-ventilated areas to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Never connect a generator directly to your home’s electrical system.

Stay connected: Follow us on X (formerly Twitter) for real-time updates and visit our Storrn Center for more information.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

How is that place?  Food any good?  I’ve been meaning to go try it out.  

It's decent.  It's sports bar food.  You won't write home about it but it hits the spot most times.  And you won't bitch because you didn't get enough food.

Food is good priced, beers are high compared the other places on the island (Boathouse is pretty cheap).

I'm a regular so it's my spot anyways.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Austin Hurricane Preparedness

Hurricane Beryl is expected to make landfall on the Texas coast on Monday, July 8.

Pedernales Electric Cooperative has been closely monitoring the situation and making preparations. We are sharing this information so you can also be prepared for the storm's potential impacts.Although, Austin is expected to have less than 0.2 inches of rain, wind gusts up to 60MPH are possible. Dust and refuge storms are likely making driving conditions hazardous. Further such storms increase the likelihood of power outages for days or even weeks.

Customers whose electricity is delivered by Pedernales Electric Cooperative are encouraged to sign up for Power Alert Service® to receive timely updates about outages, estimated restoration times and community-wide updates during severe weather. Please note that we cannot guarantee uninterrupted power during severe weather. It is common for complete outages and rolling blackouts for weeks following a weather event.

Prepare for the storm:

Emergency plan: Develop a plan to keep your family safe. If you rely on electricity for life-sustaining equipment, please have a backup plan in place to ensure your safety.

Hurricane kit: Include non-perishable food, water, flashlights, batteries, first aid supplies, necessary medications, a battery-powered radio, and a portable charger for mobile devices.

Remember there are usually shortages of toilet paper, water, and canned goods in the days preceding a weather event. Please be sure to stock up on these items early before supplies become limited.

Similarly, expect gas shortages and price hikes in the aftermath of the storm. Please be sure to fill up your vehicles and gasoline cans as early as possible.

Stay informed:

Outage information: We will provide general electric outage updates every 15 minutes at Pedernales Electric Cooperative

Power Alerts: Power Alert Service® provides details for outage details, estimated restoration times, and community-wide updates. Following sign-up, the resulting charges for this service should appear in the next billing cycle.

Safety first:

Electric:

• Keep freezers and refrigerators closed during outages to preserve food.

• Use portable generators only in well-ventilated areas to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Never connect a generator directly to your home’s electrical system.

Stay connected: Follow us on X (formerly Twitter) for real-time updates and visit our Storrn Center for more information.

Oh god...how will they survive this storm...xD

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Season 6 Showtime GIF by The Chi

riding this shit out in central Houston, office already closed tomorrow so hitting the IPA’s and weed vape rather heavy tonight. Had a “snow day” mid January and now got a hurricane day…thats gotta be some kind of record right?

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2