2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

I’m just waiting for my email. There is no way our office should be open tomorrow, but they will wait until the last moment to cancel. It wouldn’t surprise me that I don’t know for certain until tomorrow morning.

200.gif

riding this shit out in central Houston, office already closed tomorrow so hitting the IPA’s and weed vape rather heavy tonight. Had a “snow day” mid January and now got a hurricane day…thats gotta be some kind of record right?

That’s the future

22 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Season 6 Showtime GIF by The Chi

riding this shit out in central Houston, office already closed tomorrow so hitting the IPA’s and weed vape rather heavy tonight. Had a “snow day” mid January and now got a hurricane day…thats gotta be some kind of record right?

Ha. I considered hitting the martinis. But I’ve opted for a quieter approach to the evening from my spot in central Houston. 100 degrees with 100 humidity and zero power sounds horrible. Doing it with a raging hangover, well, I might die. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Updawg said:

That thing looks like it is going to sideways of backwards now. Will probably just sit of the coast of Houston and flood it for a few days

Hope not and the genius forecasters are saying it will continue its current forward motion.  

DISCUSSION AND OUTLOOK
----------------------
At 700 PM CDT (0000 UTC), the center of Tropical Storm Beryl was 
located near latitude 27.1 North, longitude 95.6 West. Beryl is 
moving toward the north-northwest near 12 mph (19 km/h). This 
general motion is expected to continue through tonight, with a turn 
toward the north forecast on Monday. On the forecast track, the 
center of Beryl is expected to make landfall on the middle Texas 
coast early Monday. Beryl is forecast to turn northeastward and move 
farther inland over eastern Texas and Arkansas late Monday and 
Tuesday

20 minutes ago, Updawg said:

That thing looks like it is going to sideways of backwards now. Will probably just sit of the coast of Houston and flood it for a few days

Are you watching radar in apple weather? Because it’s been doing that all damn day. It’s weird it hits reverse when it starts doing the “future” storm. 

• Like 1

Tomorrow morning Beryl will bring to Houston the most significant hurricane wind event since Ike in 2008. I wanted to post this movie timeline of potential wind gusts for you to digest and help plan out when you may need to get into a safe space with your loved ones.

I'd recommend identifying a small interior room on the lowest level of your home or building, like a bathroom or closet, where you could go at anytime tonight or tomorrow if you are put under a tornado warning and for when Beryl's winds pick up in your neighborhood. If you live in an apartment or high rise and can't get to a lower floor, just pick a room away from any windows and try to put as many walls between you and the outside air. If you have children or furry friends, have some things on hand in your safe space to keep them occupied, entertained, and well fed to get through the most intense part of the storm.

As I write this, Beryl is almost back at hurricane strength, and because of the atmospheric conditions allowing it to strengthen, it may continue strengthening for a time inland before leveling off and then slowly weakening. Be prepared to lose your power and possibly be without it for a couple of days, longer if you're in a coastal county or along the path of the eyewall. Also be prepared to stay put for most of Monday wherever you go to sleep tonight.

Give your mobile devices and any power banks a good charge tonight, leave your phone alerts on while you sleep in case you go under a tornado warning and need to get the family to your safe space, and remember you can always stream us from your phone even if the power goes out. Just head to abc13.com/live or install our app at abc13.com/apps.

We'll get through this storm together, and we'll be here for you continuously through the night and during the day on Monday. My prayers for peace and protection are going up for all of us tonight. I'll see you on TV or wherever you stream ABC13 in the morning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Are you watching radar in apple weather? Because it’s been doing that all damn day. It’s weird it hits reverse when it starts doing the “future” storm. 

TWC thinks Kemah is a tourist destination.  Adorable.

Kxan radar on a iPhone

Tookies counts as a destination. Rest of Kemah - no Kemah died to me after Jo lees moved and fertita took over.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Got switched to doing fertility transfers tomorrow, 8am start. Need to be there 730am.

I’d leave now and get there earlier.  Probably some people there who want to hear about it in greater detail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Richest Rich is the only child (real or imagined) that actually deserves to be molested. Annoying little fuckboi, worst cartoon ever. 

Ever heard of Caillou?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The lady who was everywhere and spot on during Harvey? Ok. 

15 months before she was elected?  Timeline a little fuzzy there, I get it. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The lady who was everywhere and spot on during Harvey? Ok. 

Emmett handled Harvey.  Hildago the one who couldn’t take the stress of the day to day of her job and keeps having to dip for mental breaks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2