2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

H-E-B in lake Jackson was not only open, but fully stocked on water, food, and cashiers. I had no wait in line. Was well run. 

Got a small 2100 watt generator that can keep my fridge running and one of my small minisplits going. Should be a fun night. 

Rain just kicked up about 10pm. Not very windy yet

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

3putt work for those guys?

3putt is in Houston so I don't think so.

PEC used to be one of my favorite clients when I was running a grid security consultantancy.

Their contract negotiation method was literally, "Don't worry about a limit, just tell us what it will cost and we'll take care of it."

all access money GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

4 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

H-E-B in lake Jackson was not only open, but fully stocked on water, food, and cashiers. I had no wait in line. Was well run. 

Got a small 2100 watt generator that can keep my fridge running and one of my small minisplits going. Should be a fun night. 

Didn’t you post this word for word like 2 hours ago?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

10 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Didn’t you post this word for word like 2 hours ago?

Not verbatim, cut him some slack! 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Appreciate all the updates. Pissed it did not get the lakes or Central Texas, but hope all you assholes who are in the path stay safe and have blue sheds.

I just wanted upper temps in the 80's and lots of rain. All these fuckers in SE and East Texas are hogging all the rain.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BabaBooey said:

Was about to say the same thing. I thought TapaTalk was having an aneurism.

Yeah I’m not sure why it kept my post from earlier. I blame immamac

• Haha 1

Yeah I’m not sure why it kept my post from earlier. I blame immamac

I’m not far from you here in Iowa Colony. I should have went to that HEB yesterday instead of the new one in Manvel. What a shit show.

Maybe it's just me but it seems like the accuracy of modeling for hurricanes making landfall on the Texas coast is a lot worse than it is for hurricanes making landfall elsewhere in gulf states or the Atlantic coast. I get there is always uncertainty, but 48 hours ago weren't we projecting Brownsville as the center of the track? That's like forecasting a landfall at Daytona Beach, FL but instead it happens at  Charleston SC.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/5/2024 at 9:57 PM, Storm the Field said:

Not great news for Seadrift/Port Lavaca on the 10 pm update.

AL022024_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

4 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

Maybe it's just me but it seems like the accuracy of modeling for hurricanes making landfall on the Texas coast is a lot worse than it is for hurricanes making landfall elsewhere in gulf states or the Atlantic coast. I get there is always uncertainty, but 48 hours ago weren't we projecting Brownsville as the center of the track? That's like forecasting a landfall at Daytona Beach, FL but instead it happens at  Charleston SC.

No. As you can see from Storms quote it was pretty close 48 hours ago. Now 72 hours ago, yes, it was predicted to be closer to Mexico. 

watching blue shed Jeff and he's showing a bunch of water spouts about 30 miles off shore of Freeport and thinks there is going to be a lot of tornado action as those bands come ashore

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

Just assume Houston gets fucked, it's science.

• Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

No. As you can see from Storms quote it was pretty close 48 hours ago. Now 72 hours ago, yes, it was predicted to be closer to Mexico. 

That map auto-updates to the most recent track.

Your point stands, though.  The big shift in track happened between 7/4 and 7/5.

Edited by Welch

On 7/5/2024 at 11:27 PM, tx 3 putt said:

3 minutes ago, Welch said:

That map auto-updates to the most recent track.

Your point stands, though.  The big shift in track happened between 7/4 and 7/5.

You are correct and I didn’t notice that was a “live” picture. Quoted 3putts which is not. 

16 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

It's actually quite easy in Texas. Take whatever the models say and shift it 300 miles up the coast. Happens every single time.

Mexico >>> Brownsville >>> Corpus >>> Rockport >>> Port Lavaca >>> Bay City 

54 minutes ago, BabaBooey said:

I’m not far from you here in Iowa Colony. I should have went to that HEB yesterday instead of the new one in Manvel. What a shit show.

I’m in Iowa Colony too. This thing is going right up 288.