2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

1 hour ago, BabaBooey said:

I’m not far from you here in Iowa Colony. I should have went to that HEB yesterday instead of the new one in Manvel. What a shit show.

You and UT_OB1 are not exactly helping us out here, but I take it that the one in Manvel had incels in Pantera shirts?

37 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I feel like any woman in a Dokken shirt and 90s sweat pants is going to be in her 50s; but would still get it.

9ee858c1e7cb5bd21a5db0a260f9c8bc57520e8d

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

It’s like Christmas Eve only instead of anticipating what gifts you’re going to get, it’s wondering what kind of fucked shit is about to hit 

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

And the Austin assholes bitch about not getting rain while fellow Texans are hunkered down.

• Hook 'Em 3

Radar update 12:55am: Hurricane Beryl continues to slowly strengthen (80mph winds & 984mb pressure), is 30 miles SSE of Matagorda TX. Moving NNW at 10 mph will bring it to the coast in the next hour or so. Still expect very heavy rains, gusty winds & isolated weak tornadoes.

• Hook 'Em 1

Power has blipped a couple times but came back on. Rather windy outside, and I may need to kayak to get the mail. 

and fuck. There is part of a tree on my roof now…

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Looks like a tree came down at an angle next to the corner of my house and is currently being held up by the limbs hitting my roof and another tree. Hopefully the limbs don’t take out my window with all the movement from the wind. And hopefully it didn’t tear up my 1 year old roof. 

Edited by UT_OB1

The 4:00am update showed the cone of death still as a Cat 1 West of HTX, more so around Katy and going mostly North.   Then dropping to a TD.  I'm thinking everyone is glad it will be daybreak soon.  Stay safe.

3 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Power finally stayed off around 3. And the wind pushed the tree off my house. Something else hit the house. The wind is crazy 

Can’t be. I’ve been told by someone here who definitely isn’t mostly touched that 95 mph winds aren’t shit and this storm ain’t shit. 

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Can’t be. I’ve been told by someone here who definitely isn’t mostly touched that 95 mph winds aren’t shit and this storm ain’t shit. 

You should have that dumbass on ignore. 

I keep losing all signal and going in to SOS mode.  That’s fun. 

I tried taking video but it’s too dark and it doesn’t convey the sound.  It’s impressive even if it’s only gusting up to 90 mph or whatever it is 

33 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Tornadoes in Galveston.  At least three houses destroyed in the west end and multiple roofs removed (per police scanner)

oh and large alligator reported to be currently crossing Winnie street 

if anyone has any further details on those houses in west Gtown please post here. thank you in advance 🤘

30 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Somehow still have power and internet east end Galveston 

Power and internet around 61st and Heards as well still. 

Just now, Ichabod said:

That’s the worst weather I’ve ever been through, ain’t no way that was just a Cat1. 

Been through?  Is it over already for you?  Still hammering here

19 minutes ago, staboner said:

if anyone has any further details on those houses in west Gtown please post here. thank you in advance 🤘

KPRC said "confirmed" damage to some house out in Jamaica Beach area earlier.

• Hook 'Em 1